Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:47:17 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31
TheEngineer  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:34:44 PM(UTC)
I'm still not sold on our OL. I kind of expected the performance we had, but I guess it remains to be seen once Wells comes back and shifting Spitz to guard, how well we play. It's a bit of a weak link for us, imo.
porky88  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.
doddpower  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:57:17 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.


I agree. He seems to give up on the run game VERY quickly.

Perhaps it's just he has that much confidence in the passing game. Or maybe just little confidence in the running game.

hmm.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:20:58 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.


McCarthy says that he calls a lot more runs that are actually run. The QB has a lot of leeway to audible out. We can't really fault McCarthy if he is calling a run and the QB is audibly out. Or can we?
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18-Jun) : Tiger?
gbguy20 (18-Jun) : hot wife and he chases old women
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : Oh, and one count of felony first-degree burglary.
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : He's also charged with at least one count on kidnapping and two counts of attempted rape.
nerdmann (18-Jun) : Yeah, wtf Kellen?
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : Kellen Winslow accused of raping and sexually assaulting several women between the ages of 54 and 86.
Zero2Cool (15-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: Toddy (26)
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Thanks Kevin.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Ok.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Alan, it's an online stream.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : McCarthy speaks at 10am, so probably 11am for practice start.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : McCarthy speaks at 10am, so probably 11am for practice start.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : I don’t know if I can get that station.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Listen to 107.5 the fan they'll tell you. I'm at airport.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Thanks for trying WPR! I guess I’ll have to just wing it.
wpr (11-Jun) : Cheesey, The Packer's site says Nitschke Field. 12 am to 11:59 pm. I don't think they know
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Come on!! U smart guys can help me on this!
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Do any of you know what time the Packers mini camp practice is tomorrow?
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Vince Lombardi would have been 105 today
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : If I were Owens, after reading what some of the voters have said. I'd say F YOU too. Shady process.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Apparently it costs the inductees a LOT of money to attend.
beast (10-Jun) : Or if Owens is avoiding all HoF activity? Or if he's trying to figure a way to make money off this. Simply saying he's not going to be there doesn't tell me enough
beast (10-Jun) : I feel as if I need more details. Owens said he's not physical showing up, but he could still give a speech via video.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : Using 32 reporter votes is wrong.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : They held grudges against him, and ignored his excellence on the field. Bogus shit. Political garbage.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : Owens has a point. Absolutely garbage how voters acted, and have responded.
buckeyepackfan (9-Jun) : The HOF needs to conveniently forget to include Owen's in the ceremonies, then fake apologize after.
gbguy20 (8-Jun) : Kevin, suggestion box. move the applaud button to the bottom of the post so i don't have to scroll back up after reading a good post. same goes for quote button i suppose
Cheesey (7-Jun) : Well...I wonder what HE is protesting. Maybe that he made WAY too much money?
Nonstopdrivel (7-Jun) : Wait, what? He bitches for years about not having been selected, and now he won't attend the ceremony?
Zero2Cool (7-Jun) : Hall of Fame announces that Terrell Owens has informed them he will NOT attend the enshrinement ceremony in August.
Nonstopdrivel (5-Jun) : Looking at some of the multiyear rookie UDFA contracts made me think of it. But now I see it's standard to sign them for three years.
packerfanoutwest (4-Jun) : Tavais or Tyrell,,,what's your question/point and why?
Nonstopdrivel (3-Jun) : Probably I was thinking about Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern -- went to the Panthers).
Nonstopdrivel (3-Jun) : Apparently, I'm full of shit. The amount of money teams are allowed to spend on UDFA signing bonuses is extremely small.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Monday, Oct 15 @ 7:15 PM
49ERS
Sunday, Oct 28 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Nov 4 @ 7:20 PM
Patriots
Sunday, Nov 11 @ 12:00 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Nov 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Sunday, Nov 25 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 2 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Dec 9 @ 12:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Dec 16 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Dec 23 @ 12:00 PM
Jets
Sunday, Dec 30 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

18-Jun / Around The NFL / Nonstopdrivel

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Jun / Random Babble / Cheesey

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

13-Jun / Random Babble / wpr

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

12-Jun / Random Babble / CFB Risk

12-Jun / Random Babble / Cheesey

Headlines