Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packerchick  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:09:58 AM(UTC)

Applause Given2: 601
Applause Received: 27
Guess there is no other choice but to respect him, or at least tolerate that hes perhaps playing the best hes ever played.
Offline TheEngineer  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:31:27 AM(UTC)

Hmm, can't seem to find any thread where I wrote any predictions on how Favre would go this season. That's strange. Technically I guess I wasn't wrong about Favre then, but his performance this season is the stuff of legend, no doubt about it. But as 4packgirl says, just wish it wasn't with the Vikings.
Offline IronMan  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:37:20 AM(UTC)

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 117
I thought he would play well, and then fade at the end of the season. I was wrong on both accounts. He has been GREAT, and has NOT faded. (yet)
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:58:05 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 226
Applause Received: 473
I was never terribly emotionally invested in Barney once he retired the first time. I did not think he would be a good choice for the Vikings, not because I thought he would suck, but rather because I thought TJack was making progress on a very typical track for a young quarterback. In other words, I felt that TJack would have improved this year to the point that even a casual observer would not view him as a liability. We will never know.

As far as Favre goes, I kept waiting for him to have one of his bone-headed games, but it never materialized. The Vikes fans would like everyone to believe that this is due to a superior cast of characters that he never had in Green Bay. I say that is a bunch of nonsense. His offensive line is quite suspect in Minnesota. I reckon the threat of AD does help a lot, as everyone game-plans to stop that first, along with the under-appreciated contributions of Chester Taylor.

That doesn't explain most of Brett's border-line incredible performance throughout this season. I say border-line incredible because we have seen Brett cost us so many games over his career, and he is just not doing that in Minnesota. I give him major props for avoiding "Bad Brett" games.

This isn't over. I want another shot at those bastards, of which, Brett Favre is one of them. Sue me. I'm not a quitter.
Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:28:57 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 410
Applause Received: 1,129
I have never quit respecting him as a player.. but that doesn't mean I have to respect everything the guy does off the field.. including the locker room.

They beat a Giants team that packed it in.. and exploded on offense.. will that last?

Somehow I think there will be a second visiting of this Chilly vs Favre playcalling spat.. maybe even fueled by AP.
Offline Greg C.  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:00:41 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought he would play well, and then fade at the end of the season. I was wrong on both accounts. He has been GREAT, and has NOT faded. (yet)

That's what I thought, too. The Carolina game gave me hope, but then he bounced back in the second half against the Bears--in a cold weather game, even.

I thought he would wear out physically this season. The guy is 40 years old, after all, and he wore out at the end of last season. But the Vikings have been the perfect fit for him this year, with all of their weapons on offense.

I'm now down to my last hope, which is that he will go down in flames in the playoffs, just like he always did for us during the past decade.
Offline yooperfan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:08:58 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 943
Applause Received: 422

That's what I thought, too. The Carolina game gave me hope, but then he bounced back in the second half against the Bears--in a cold weather game, even.

I thought he would wear out physically this season. The guy is 40 years old, after all, and he wore out at the end of last season. But the Vikings have been the perfect fit for him this year, with all of their weapons on offense.

I'm now down to my last hope, which is that he will go down in flames in the playoffs, just like he always did for us during the past decade.

Hopefully he goes down in flames in the NFC CG at the hands of the Green Bay Packers.
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:36:32 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 1
Where's Heather? She'd love this thread.

WOW someone missed me. thanks Zombie!!! I do love this thread. :) I knew BF wouldnt tank this year, my only hope now is he gets MVP for the great season so far he is having. The pack is doing awesome to down the stretch, I wish them luck.
Offline zombieslayer  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:08:11 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

WOW someone missed me. thanks Zombie!!! I do love this thread. :) I knew Brett Favre wouldnt tank this year, my only hope now is he gets MVP for the great season so far he is having. The pack is doing awesome to down the stretch, I wish them luck.

As I've said before, I hope the Packers win the Super Bowl, and Favre gets his 4th MVP. Of course I'd be perfectly happy if Aaron or Chuck got the MVP too.

Welcome back, Heather. I've missed you. :wave:
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:05:48 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 426
Applause Received: 597
Hi Hedder!
I don't mind if BF gets MVP.
As long as WE get the Lombardi trophy!
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:58:58 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 1
Hi Zombie and Cheesy!!! I hope BF gets the MVP to but I have my doubts, I think Manning will get it.

Good luck to both BF and the Packers in the playoffs.

Good to be back!!
Offline Formo  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:30:15 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
Well guys, as much as I hate to admit it, Favre has done much better than I had thought also.
I was positive that he would "cave" by the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, still not happy with Favre in purple, but I must give credit where credit is due.

It's not that I hate Favre so much, it's just that I hate the Packers! ::wink:

Anyway, since you all have the cojones to standup and be counted, tell ya what I'll bring the desert.....

UserPostedImage

As much as I'd like to chime in on all the green hued fellows (and lady!) eatin' some crow.. I'm the most happy with your post, VR.

Not because I want to say 'I told you so' (which I can't, because I didn't know what to expect from Favre either). But because you're a Norseman brother, and it's always great to be able to eat some crow with the sweet taste of (limited) success.

Props to you, big boy!
Offline zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:17:02 PM(UTC)

As much as I'd like to chime in on all the green hued fellows (and lady!) eatin' some crow.. I'm the most happy with your post, VR.

Not because I want to say 'I told you so' (which I can't, because I didn't know what to expect from Favre either). But because you're a Norseman brother, and it's always great to be able to eat some crow with the sweet taste of (limited) success.

Props to you, big boy!

The way you made that sound Formo sounded kind of sexy.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:10:47 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193
Hey ZS, you forgot to add what you were thinking when you posted that picture of yours. :icon_smile:

Props to you, big boy!

The way you made that sound Formo sounded kind of sexy.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:45:57 PM(UTC)

LOL.

That's Glenn from the Village People by the way. He was well after your time though. I'm thinking you're still listening to Vera Lynn.

[youtube]8uHykTs-THg[/youtube]
Rss Feed