Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:25:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

o_O, I get it now. Yeah, I'm not good at picking up tone via text. Some are, I simply just fail at it, lol.

I'd like to see who liked what comment rather than an accumulative total. Look at my total for instance. It shouldn't be like that. There's no way I've posted 300+ comments that people "like". A lot of the things I do go vastly unnoticed, which I kind of like it that way. But for those who do write articles, add videos, add off site articles, etc ... I think they should be acknowledged in some fashion too.

Kind of leaking into the Kudos thing. I like the concept, but won't play with it too much until I figure out how to get it working within the forums. As you said, going to ones profile to give them a Kudos, pain in the ass, and heck, deserves a Kudo's of its own.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:38:48 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Applause points give multiple people the opportunity to express appreciation for a single post. And they're not limited to posts anyway. I've given people Applause points for other contributions before -- or just because I felt like it.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:42:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Applause points give multiple people the opportunity to express appreciation for a single post. And they're not limited to posts anyway. I've given people Applause points for other contributions before -- or just because I felt like it.

+ one for you. :thumbleft:
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:51:48 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Welcome to the century club, sir. :D
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:56:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Welcome to the century club, sir. :D

Now Zero will take it all away :sad1:
:onfloor:

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:12:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Damn, there's a LOT software out there. There has to be a change. I just don't know which direction to head in. Argh!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:38:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:36:04 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:57:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I hated IPB back in the day. I'd also like to have a CMS type site, not just a forum. If we went to just a forum, I'd probably go with phpBB3.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Ektron
kentico

Two CMS systems I've worked with. With your VB Background I think you could do many creative things with these software packages.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:44:20 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

This is still something being aimed for. However, because of this kind of thing, I'm hesitant about going to a new software. My worry is completely redoing the site, moving forward, middle of the season, finding out there's a security hole that shuts us down again. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's kind of discouraging to put all the time and effort into it, for something like that to happen.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:16:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Okay, I think the stick up my ass is removed, regarding the link in my previous post that is.

I'm going to start investigating new software, not phpNuke as previously thought of. UNLESS, my search comes up fricking nil once more. With the summer coming around the corner, my daughter will be by her mom and I'll be alone in a State that I know no one. My laptop will be my best friend. Hopefully I don't find a girlfriend or something to ruin my plan's.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:28:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Hopefully I don't find a girlfriend or something to ruin my plan's.

Oh oh. Maybe we better halt production on her now.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:22:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'm probably getting a reputation for having a billion ideas, some good, some 'wtf' and failing to follow through. Life's a bitch at times.

I was highly motivated to re-developing a new site from scratch, then the site was inexplicably shut down (shortly prior to the Super Bowl) as I was accused of running a f*cking spam email sending website. This deflated my ambitions to nearly saying screw it all and shut everything down.

Gradually, I started getting the itch once again. I decided to just modify the current PH to what I want. I wasn't comfortable with this decision. But didn't want to re-invent the wheel either.

DragonFly CMS is releasing a new version. They have one lead developer trying to resurrect the software. Unfortunately, most of the community has already left. And many of the "fixes" they are doing, I've already patched myself.

Updating to the soon to be released update would be next to impossible because of the changes I've made, and my lack of documentation of said changes. Hey, I was learning PHP as I went, give me a break!

My job has me working with ASP.NET w/MVC using C#. I like it and it's a great thing to add to my resume. Plus, there's a co-worker here who's willing to lend me a hand in development.

After spending the last week or two investigating ASP.NET software, I've settled on a CMS and forum that will be used. The good thing about this is even if the community fizzles and produces nothing, I'll be able to code things on my own, or inquire with my team at work to assist.

With that said, I purchased a hosting plan for a month and am now tinkering with the new software. When I have something to show you, I'll post it.

I'm pretty damn excited. Hopefully I can figure this dealio out and move forward to getting PH on a better software.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:40:26 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

glad you are having fun.

oh and if you keep itching

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed