Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:12:12 AM(UTC)
Damn, there's a LOT software out there. There has to be a change. I just don't know which direction to head in. Argh!
Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:38:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:36:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:57:22 PM(UTC)
I hated IPB back in the day. I'd also like to have a CMS type site, not just a forum. If we went to just a forum, I'd probably go with phpBB3.
dhpackr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
Ektron
kentico

Two CMS systems I've worked with. With your VB Background I think you could do many creative things with these software packages.
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:44:20 AM(UTC)
This is still something being aimed for. However, because of this kind of thing, I'm hesitant about going to a new software. My worry is completely redoing the site, moving forward, middle of the season, finding out there's a security hole that shuts us down again. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's kind of discouraging to put all the time and effort into it, for something like that to happen.
Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:16:20 PM(UTC)
Okay, I think the stick up my ass is removed, regarding the link in my previous post that is.

I'm going to start investigating new software, not phpNuke as previously thought of. UNLESS, my search comes up fricking nil once more. With the summer coming around the corner, my daughter will be by her mom and I'll be alone in a State that I know no one. My laptop will be my best friend. Hopefully I don't find a girlfriend or something to ruin my plan's.
wpr  
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:28:09 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully I don't find a girlfriend or something to ruin my plan's.

Oh oh. Maybe we better halt production on her now.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:22:51 PM(UTC)
I'm probably getting a reputation for having a billion ideas, some good, some 'wtf' and failing to follow through. Life's a bitch at times.

I was highly motivated to re-developing a new site from scratch, then the site was inexplicably shut down (shortly prior to the Super Bowl) as I was accused of running a fucking spam email sending website. This deflated my ambitions to nearly saying screw it all and shut everything down.

Gradually, I started getting the itch once again. I decided to just modify the current PH to what I want. I wasn't comfortable with this decision. But didn't want to re-invent the wheel either.

DragonFly CMS is releasing a new version. They have one lead developer trying to resurrect the software. Unfortunately, most of the community has already left. And many of the "fixes" they are doing, I've already patched myself.

Updating to the soon to be released update would be next to impossible because of the changes I've made, and my lack of documentation of said changes. Hey, I was learning PHP as I went, give me a break!

My job has me working with ASP.NET w/MVC using C#. I like it and it's a great thing to add to my resume. Plus, there's a co-worker here who's willing to lend me a hand in development.

After spending the last week or two investigating ASP.NET software, I've settled on a CMS and forum that will be used. The good thing about this is even if the community fizzles and produces nothing, I'll be able to code things on my own, or inquire with my team at work to assist.

With that said, I purchased a hosting plan for a month and am now tinkering with the new software. When I have something to show you, I'll post it.

I'm pretty damn excited. Hopefully I can figure this dealio out and move forward to getting PH on a better software.
wpr  
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:40:26 PM(UTC)
glad you are having fun.

oh and if you keep itching

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed