You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bozz_2006  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:24:13 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

I think he means it. But that's kind of what chaps my ass. I'm not bitter, but this waffling, back and forth and back and forth, is what irritated me in the first place. First he tells Peppers to make sure to beat us. I've got no problem with that. Now he wants us to win. That's great, I'm glad he does. But it just reminds me of all the other times he's changed his mind!
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:29:23 AM(UTC)
porky88

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 284

If I were Brett Favre, I would have kept playing too. The Packers moved on because they knew what they had in Aaron Rodgers. They were right. Common sense says to go with the younger player. Favre had a nice year in 2009 and proved he still had it. This year, things did not go his way. I hope Packer fans can get over him playing for the Vikings because Favre is a Packer. You cannot write Packer history without him and you cannot write pro football history without the Packers.
Offline yooperfan  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:21:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 476
Applause Received: 225

Wow!
The greatest quarteback in Packers history.
The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.
Packers fans hung on his arm for 16 years and enjoyed every touchdown, every win and every championship. Most Packers fans were brought to a high state of excitement every time he stepped on the field.
Everyone but Brett Favre knew he should retire for good after the 2007 NFCCG. He waffled so he was traded, it's a business.

Now Brett Favre has the audacity to say something good about the Green Bay Packers.
How dare you Brett, you piece of shit.

I'm simply amazed at the excrement being thrown at this Green Bay Packers icon and future hall of famer.
He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:27:57 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:32:23 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 476
Applause Received: 225

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.

What was the title of the thread smart guy?
Offline RaiderPride  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:23:05 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 182

The REAL Message Brett is sending to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey.. Ok You offered me 20 Million dollars to be the face of the team and an ambassador to the organization, when you chose to go with Aaron.

You offered me 20 Million to show up at events, shake hands, get belly to belly, face to face and kiss babies with the Packer faithful at every public event. I was only required to show up and wear the green and gold until I die.

HOWEVER... I Brett "The Fake" Favre will take 25% of that offer you presented. For FIVE Million I will be there, and sign the agreement with Mr. Murphy with a few agreements to the Five Million Dollar life time contract.

I shall not appear at any event at the same time with Aaron Rodgers. There can be no mention publicly about Aaron Rodgers at any event I am at, and no one is allowed to ask me for an autograph if they are wearing a #12 Packers Jersey.

Every event I attend must not include any person or persons under the age of 40 years old.

You must retire my jersey number next year and Aaron Rodgers must wait in the locker room and not be on the field at the time of my NUMBER 4 is honored.

You must agree that the Packers Organization will never retire Jersey Number 12.

In fact I (Brett Favre) demand that Aaron change his uniform number every year for the next 10 years or that The Packers trade him to the JETS this off season.

If all of the stated herein above are are agreed to, I shall except a lessor offer than was offered to me (Brett Favre) to be an ambassador for the Green Bay packers for the next 20 years.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline istanbulpacker  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:43:07 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

The greatest quarteback in Packers history.

Guess the 2 Super Bowl victories, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 more NFL Championships of one Bryan Bartlett Starr don't amount to a hill of beans.

He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!

I think it would be funny if they decide to retire his number one year, then change their mind, then come back the next year and decide to retire it again...oh, nevermind.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:51:01 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

What was the title of the thread, smart guy?

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.

Is it really a coincidence that the Packers didn't win a Super Bowl until after, for example, Reggie White came to town (or that they never won another one after he left)? Favre was certainly an important cog in the renaissance of the Packers, but he wasn't singlehandedly responsible for taking the Packers out of the dark ages.
UserPostedImage
Offline istanbulpacker  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

I considered his statement more trigonometric, though I can see your point
blank
Offline Jacob  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:01:33 AM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 1

i dont mind this at all, i think the sooner everyone, brett included, makes up, the better, because we all know it's inevitable that he will be in the packers HOF, and the NFL HOF, and that he is a packer, not a jet, not a viking.
Offline blueleopard  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:20:25 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 57

I think he deserves some credit for actually saying "Aaron" and "best" in the same sentence. Don't think he's even used both words in the same paragraph.

That's sincerity if you ask me.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Dulak  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:27:43 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

I do find it slightly humorous - but I do agree; we can hold onto anger and resentment or just let it go.

you know brett's anger only hurt himself and us if we let it ...

GL to the packers and let the best team win.
Offline Cheesey  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:29:38 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

So.....now that he has "officially" retired (I'll believe it when he's not on the field SOMEWHERE next year) he finally has something nice to say about the team that gave him his shot to become a rich star.
Even though just 3 weeks ago he was telling a Bears player to beat the Packers.
The "Waffle King" strikes again.
NOW he loves the Packers? The guy changes his mind like the direction of the wind changes.
And that's ok with me. I don't really care. He changes what he says so much i never know WHAT to believe anymore.
Yes, he was a big part of the Packers winning ONE Super Bowl. I'll never forget that. But he lost alot of my respect with his antics. He will always be remembered fondly by me, just not with the same reverance i once had, before i knew what he really was like.
UserPostedImage
Offline sanguine  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:10:49 PM(UTC)
sanguine

I always had respect for favre untill he said to peppers to "go beat the packers".
And now he's stating the packers will win it all.
The guy doesn't know what he wants or what he's talking about.
Packer fan from Europe!
Offline Greg C.  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:21:15 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

How could the Packers receiving corps be the "best ever, maybe" when it doesn't even include Randy Moss?

Maybe the brief stint of being Randy Moss' team mate has lit a bulb for him?

Considering that Driver, Jennings, and Jones were all there when Brett left, I guess it was the addition of Jordy Nelson in 2008 that put them over the top.

Jordy Nelson=Randy Moss. Who woulda thunk it.
blank