You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 12:08:43 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

I guess I see you, Kevin, is as a bit of a mad scientist with a vision for what the perfect site is, and you just love to tinker with it to make it a little better. And since it's never perfect, you just keep trying new things.

Mostly that doesn't bother me....Edison's successful light bulb was version number 1500 or something like that. Occasionally its a bit annoying, since your change sometimes affects one of the bits I especially like as is. But mostly, it's part of what makes the site what it is for me. And I've never doubted that this site is a deep, deep passion for you.

Few are the places that tolerate such an odd sort of asshole with weird ideas like me.

Maybe it's because I'm still a (relative) newbie, but I've never been close to mad enough to want to leave. Short of you deciding to get rid of the "random babble" forum, I can't imagine leaving voluntarily.

I'm addicted to all you bastards.

(including you, Foster, so if you decide to hop in and quietly observe....get your butt and your silly striped blue pants back in here.)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline 68md  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 1:03:29 AM(UTC)
68md

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 10

Zero,
I understand were your coming from because I go through it every day. Tinkered and added...wanted this to do this and everything just right.
Moved things 3 times etc....this season I said screw it ! No upgrades or changes !
Best thing I ever did....... do you want your site to be better ? Damn straight but you can and will go insane chasing that elephant and it's not worth it.

The other thing you should consider is bringing your mods back. Let them moderate and take care of business while you go about administrating the forum.
At any rate you run one hell of a site don't go anywhere !

PS To the members here: Folks cleaning of the shoutbox should be done daily as it will and can bog down a site. Have seen it on just about all forum software. About keeping the site running not Zero being an a-hole.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 2:59:28 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Like Shawn, I too was going to refrain from commenting on this. But alas, I can not.
I shall claim my right as an elder to say my piece.

Dave, there are some people in this world that I admire, and some that I respect. There are not very many that I can say "I both admire and respect" You are one of those very few.
I am not going to ask you to reconsider, and I am not going to ask anyone to change. For to do so would go against my core beliefs.

Years ago I joined a Packers Fan forum with the basic intent of "giving shit" to stupid cheeseheads. I was pretty much a dickhead at first (I know some think I still am).
Anyway, as time went by, I got to know some of the people. Slowly at first but then I came to the realization that there was something truly unique with these folks.
It was not just about football, something that I could not quite fathom at first, something that I could not quite put my finger on.
It was that there was true passion for life, the jokes, the arguing, the shared feelings (good and bad). And before I knew it, I felt true friendship with many.

I've watched Z2C grow in many ways over the years. He has overcome much adversity in his young life. Some of his own making, and some were the hand he was dealt But he has grown.
Does he still have room to grow as a person? Hell yes....as do we all. I"m somewhat "chronologically challenged" and I still have much yet to learn and not a lot of time to do it.
However, I shall strive to continue to learn and grow until the day that they plant me.

We all make mistakes, it is what makes us human. God knows that I have made my share over these many years.

Argue, get pissed off, perhaps take a break from things. But there is one thought that I would like to leave you with....

Relish everyday that you have, savor all that life gives you, good or bad. For our time to enjoy these joys and pains that come our way in this thing that is life....are fleeting indeed.

Oh ya,....and in keeping with my usual persona.... and in an attempt to lighten your mood......................so endeth my attempt to blow sunshine up your ass.
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 4:01:23 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Say it ain't so Gunny! I'll be nice to everybody, I promise!
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 10:11:55 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

my 2 cents -

I like this forum because of the decent folk here and all the different personalities. There also appears to be less numbskulls (idiots); and less stupid things posted.

I also appreciate some of the more candid conversations; even thou they may be a bit biased at times; and actually enjoy going back and forth throwing out some of my biases also ...

and one of my favorite things is to watch the games with all you guys; the live feed is awesome also. IMO the game is 3x better when I can watch it live with cool fellow packers fans.

as far as moderating and censoring different things on the site; obviously its up to the site owner (kevin) etc ...

IMO sometimes there may 'need' to be some threads where the owner doesnt necessarily want to talk about but other people do ... like people already stated the people is what makes this site great.

So ya this stuff about brent favre ... ya I dont really care to talk about him so much either; and honestly I dont want to talk about him when it comes to the SB and really dont want to hear the announces try to compare rodgers to him during the game - 2 totally different teams. A player doesnt make a team; its 102 or 120 man (including all the coaches IR etc ...)

anyways ... point is I would let the people that want to chat away about favre or wtfe - and IMO if there are posts that are rude and disrespectful to others then ya I think they (the posts) or the people should go; but like I mentioned I do not see much of that here; hence why I am here.

thanks to everyone for a great meeting place to discuss the packers; and of course to the people that have put together this site (kevin and anyone else).
Offline Blitz  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:44:54 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

Maybe bring back the Brett Favre Forum, or a similar section for such distracting issues such as this:
Packers boss: Team wants Brett Favre back in the family
blank
Offline Formo  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:37:36 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread. Who put the barb in Foster's ass?? Damnit, I actually LIKED that guy!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:19:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread.

Geez.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhazer  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:38:32 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

Ok, wtf happened? I go away for the weekend and now I JUST notice this thread. Who put the barb in Foster's ass?? Damnit, I actually LIKED that guy!

Don't feel bad my viking comrade, I am here everyday and this is the 1st time I noticed it.
Hell I didn't know people were getting banned. This is the main reason I enjoyed this site because I could voice my opinion on things which usually pissed off someone.

I think of all of you as friends, even that cranky bastard Dakota, but thats what I like about him. We all have different personalities which makes this site so great.

Ok I am rambling now so lets all do a big group hug with Packgirl in the middle:)

Ok give me a White House on 3.

Oh and in closing Dave you have to come back and if you do I promise I will like Ted Thompson and MM.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:22:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Hell I didn't know people were getting banned. This is the main reason I enjoyed this site because I could voice my opinion on things which usually pissed off someone.

Who's banned?

UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:37:03 AM(UTC)
macbob

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 226

Zero--Packershome is like family. I greatly enjoy hanging out here and discussing the Packers, etc. If I didn't, I wouldn't keep coming back. Like family (and McCarthy), it does drive me nuts sometimes (and sometimes makes me want to poke my eyes out with a stick).

But when it does, I skip the threads that I know will p*ss me off, or I'll take a break for a few days until the DTs get too much for me to take, and I come back for another fix.

Dfoster--brother, I'm going to miss you. I hope you won't stay away long.

Zero--I'm not much good on advice. I guess I would say that different people will have different ideas of the 'perfect' site. My ideal site is a welcoming place where people can hang out and be themselves. If people want to discuss Brett Favre throwing more interceptions in one playoff game than Aaron Rodgers' career playoff totals, then I'd let them. If I want, I'll just skip over those posts/threads and move on to the next promising topic.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:07:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Skipping over certain threads is something I'm working on doing. Been doing well the last few days. But when a thread is titled James Starks and then Brett is being discussed, ... well, thats why I prefer threads to stay relatively on topic.

UserPostedImage
Offline evad04  
#28 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:27:36 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 56
Applause Received: 67

I also didn't see this until just now. I'm not as frequent a poster -- a different story altogether -- but I am on here EVERY day. Sorry to make a Brett Favre analogy, but Zero's greatest strength can tend to seem a weakness at times. We point out that Favre's gunslinger style gets him remarkable touchdowns but also interceptions. Zero's greatest strengths -- his passion and commitment to the site -- can appear to manifest themselves occasionally as dictatorial. At the end of the day the little spats we have pale in comparison to the stimulating, informative, funny and even humbling conversations we have.

Oh yeah, and this is not the time to divide. We are living the dream every sports fan has -- our beloved team has a crack at the championship. GO PACK GO!
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I don't disagree with my weakness, which is why I've been trying to stay away from the site, just post a comment here an there and post articles. I think the sites better with less comments from me.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 4:55:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

I think the sites better with less comments from me.

This I disagree strongly with.. on so many levels.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage