Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:52:40 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 234
Applause Received: 473
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The play of the game was victory formation!

QFT
Offline porky88  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:56:07 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 505
Third down and 10 and Aaron Rodgers hits Greg Jennings in the seam for a first down. That was a wow like moment.
Offline shield4life  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:25:46 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 43
The fumble did kill there momentum but don't forget there end zone defense got there momentum back but what pretty much saved the game IMO is the tackle from the Steelers (Polomalu I think), stopping GJ going all the way on the last drive when there was 5:30 left in the game.

If we had scored there we would of gave 5:00 about for the steelers to score a TD.

God knows what Big Ben would do with 5 minutes remaining.

But the Steelers would've trailed by ten points instead of six. The four extra points for the Packers would've been worth way more than the five extra minutes, because it would've been a two score game instead of a one score game.

WoW ... This didn't even go threw my head at all. LOOL Your right a TD would of been awesome.
Offline Greg C.  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:31:12 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
There were so many big plays that it doesn't do the Packers justice to just name one. How about a ranking system?

1. Matthews forces fumble, Bishop recovers. Huge momentum swing that was desperately needed at the time.

2. Rodgers hitting Jennings for that 31-yarder on third and ten on the final drive. A three-and-out there would've been bad news.

3. The final TD pass to Jennings. Put the Packers up by 11 in the fourth quarter. After all the awfulness of the third quarter, the Packers had the same lead they had at halftime.

4. The 38-yard completion to Jordy that set up that last TD. Right after Jordy had dropped one.

5. The Nick Collins pick-six off the Howard Green QB hit. Made it feel like this was our night.

6. The defensive hold on fourth and five at the end. This is the play that clinched the win, after all.

7. The 21 yard TD catch by Jennings in the second quarter.

8. The first TD to Jordy.

9. The Jarret Bush interception.

10. The Zombo sack that helped set up the missed field goal.
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:54:30 PM(UTC)

Canada
Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 431
To me the biggest play of the game was Woodson going down. We were rolling and the game was starting to remind me of the Atlanta game. Woodson going down got the Steelers their momentum to make things interesting.
Offline Dulak  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:32:58 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 274
Applause Received: 139
There were so many big plays that it doesn't do the Packers justice to just name one. How about a ranking system?

1. Matthews forces fumble, Bishop recovers. Huge momentum swing that was desperately needed at the time.

2. Rodgers hitting Jennings for that 31-yarder on third and ten on the final drive. A three-and-out there would've been bad news.

3. The final TD pass to Jennings. Put the Packers up by 11 in the fourth quarter. After all the awfulness of the third quarter, the Packers had the same lead they had at halftime.

4. The 38-yard completion to Jordy that set up that last TD. Right after Jordy had dropped one.

5. The Nick Collins pick-six off the Howard Green QB hit. Made it feel like this was our night.

6. The defensive hold on fourth and five at the end. This is the play that clinched the win, after all.

7. The 21 yard TD catch by Jennings in the second quarter.

8. The first TD to Jordy.

9. The Jarret Bush interception.

10. The Zombo sack that helped set up the missed field goal.

couldnt agree more - just rewatched the game and I just kept seeing 'key' plays that made a HUGE impact to the outcome; example #10 of your list. Zombo gets the sack and then the dude kicking the FG kicks it way off - maybe the kickers confidence was in question because it was a 52 yarder now. And maybe if the steelers would of made that they would of done something differently later in the game.

Or even that block to the back penalty they did and got pushed all the way back near their endzone.

the game is just filled with game changers - its like the football gods wanted us to win.
Offline wpr  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:52:05 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,407
Applause Received: 1,676
2 point conversion!

There are so many key plays.

I would say the Pick 6 is first. It put points on the board. It gave Mike and Aaron a cushion to work off of. Even though Pitt kept coming back and coming back they could close the gap but not take the lead. Whenever Pitt would score GB would always get the ball back and they had a chance to add to their lead. (Not that they always did.)
We will never know for sure but if GB had been down and the Pitt swarming, pressuring defense really got going GB would have been forced to do things a little different.
With the lead they could withstand a few possessions where they did not move the ball very well.

The lead also forced Pitt to go away from running the ball which they had some success with and into the passing game which is not their strength.
Offline Dulak  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:12:08 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 274
Applause Received: 139
2 point conversion!

There are so many key plays.

I would say the Pick 6 is first. It put points on the board. It gave Mike and Aaron a cushion to work off of. Even though Pitt kept coming back and coming back they could close the gap but not take the lead. Whenever Pitt would score GB would always get the ball back and they had a chance to add to their lead. (Not that they always did.)
We will never know for sure but if GB had been down and the Pitt swarming, pressuring defense really got going GB would have been forced to do things a little different.
With the lead they could withstand a few possessions where they did not move the ball very well.

The lead also forced Pitt to go away from running the ball which they had some success with and into the passing game which is not their strength.

I do agree with wpr - the pick 6 is the best game changing play of the game. Reminded me of some of our other recent games where we jumped up Alot at the start; seems like that was our theme for the past 6 games - giants, bears, atlanta, bears and now the SB ...
all of these games we steam rolled into the 1/2.

The pick 6 was the explanation mark on that steamroll. 14-0 lead I already felt we had the game in the bag; but knew we had to finish it off ... and ya it was a nail biter in the second 1/2.
Rss Feed