Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:04:20 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Quote:
No suspension, but a big fine 4 Barnett

Linebacker Nick Barnett was able to get out of a one-game suspension that would have kept him out of the regular-season opener against Minnesota but still was hit with a major fine 4 violating the NFLs personal-conduct policy.

The NFL originally suspended Barnett 4 one game after he pled guilty in March to two counts of disorderly conduct 4 his role in an incident at an Appleton nightclub last year.

To appeal the original one-game suspension, which includes a one-game fine, Barnett had to travel to New York City to meet with NFL officials. Though the league dropped the suspension, it still fined him a one-week proration of his $2 million base salary. Players are paid once a week over 17 weeks, so he lost 1/17th of his salary, or $117,647.

i forgot ALL ABOUT that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad he isn't going to miss any time
Sponsor
Offline bozz_2006  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:08:32 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

thanks for the update LT +1... I'm being such an applause hussy tonight.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:32:08 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
thanks for the update LT +1... I'm being such an applause hussy tonight.

me love you long time......

umm

NM used already
Offline TheEngineer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:23:49 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Good to see that he's not going to miss time.
blank
Offline wils0646  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:43:38 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Applause Received: 4

Nice. Barnett is a beast!
The Pack Will Be Back.
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:57:15 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Want an honest opinion.. I kinda wish he would have gotten a one game suspension.. without opening this up for a large debate.. it would have burned it into Nick's mind frame and more importantly the younger guys on the field to understand you are risking a lot for a couple hours of fun.

Same goes for Johnny Jolly.. I hope he has to sit for a little and make him rethink his choices away from the field.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline strobl2  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:05:48 PM(UTC)
strobl2

I agree, I think all professional athletes should be held more accountable for their behavior off the field. They are role models for younger players and for kids across america.
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:26:07 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Wow, I didn't even realize he had been suspended.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline NodakPaul  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:27:22 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Want an honest opinion.. I kinda wish he would have gotten a one game suspension.. without opening this up for a large debate.. it would have burned it into Nick's mind frame and more importantly the younger guys on the field to understand you are risking a lot for a couple hours of fun.

Same goes for Johnny Jolly.. I hope he has to sit for a little and make him rethink his choices away from the field.

Pack, I agree with you in regards to situations like this. As a Vikings fan, I am hoping that McKinnie gets some kind of suspension for his actions over the summer at the night club. It would definately hurt the team, but I think he needs to be held accountable.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline TheEngineer  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:38:02 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Pack, I agree with you in regards to situations like this. As a Vikings fan, I am hoping that McKinnie gets some kind of suspension for his actions over the summer at the night club. It would definately hurt the team, but I think he needs to be held accountable.

Interesting take, and upon reflection, I'd have to agree with this. No individual player should be above the law, and being held accountable for one's actions is the true test of responsibility. I guess he's lucky not to have missed a game, and the Packers moreso.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:56:19 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Agreed. Barnett is one of my favorite Packers, but Lombardi probably would have made him sit out a game, regardless of what the NFL decreed.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

I think the fine will do a good deal to convince him of the gravity of his actions. A young player sees one of his teammates lose $117,000... that's a pretty big deal to a young player.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:02:47 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

he wasnt
Offline Packnic  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:38:05 PM(UTC)
Packnic

I agree about Jolly. But with Barnett... I believe this whole things stems from the night club incident where someone threw a drink and attacked Nick and he was fighting back. I mean Im not sure he should be suspended for defending himself, regardless of who it was against male or female.
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:20:59 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

he wasnt

??? Sure he was. He was given a one game suspension and fine of one game check. Before the suspension could be served, he was able to appeal it with the NFL.
--
Rss Feed