Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:56:19 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Want an honest opinion.. I kinda wish he would have gotten a one game suspension.. without opening this up for a large debate.. it would have burned it into Nick's mind frame and more importantly the younger guys on the field to understand you are risking a lot for a couple hours of fun.

Same goes for Johnny Jolly.. I hope he has to sit for a little and make him rethink his choices away from the field.

Agreed. Barnett is one of my favorite Packers, but Lombardi probably would have made him sit out a game, regardless of what the NFL decreed.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I think the fine will do a good deal to convince him of the gravity of his actions. A young player sees one of his teammates lose $117,000... that's a pretty big deal to a young player.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:02:47 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Wow, I didn't even realize he had been suspended.

he wasnt
Offline Packnic  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:38:05 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

Want an honest opinion.. I kinda wish he would have gotten a one game suspension.. without opening this up for a large debate.. it would have burned it into Nick's mind frame and more importantly the younger guys on the field to understand you are risking a lot for a couple hours of fun.

Same goes for Johnny Jolly.. I hope he has to sit for a little and make him rethink his choices away from the field.

I agree about Jolly. But with Barnett... I believe this whole things stems from the night club incident where someone threw a drink and attacked Nick and he was fighting back. I mean Im not sure he should be suspended for defending himself, regardless of who it was against male or female.
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:20:59 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

he wasnt

??? Sure he was. He was given a one game suspension and fine of one game check. Before the suspension could be served, he was able to appeal it with the NFL.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline millertime  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:09:39 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

thanks for the update LT +1... I'm being such an applause hussy tonight.

Sounds fair. If I remember correctly, someone threw a drink at Barnett and he got a little testy (as would anyone). Hopefully this shows the other guys that NFL players are held to s higher standard of behavior.

The verdict is still out on Jolly, but its not looking to good. That's a pretty serious event.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline RaiderPride  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:37:54 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 118
Applause Received: 209

I agree.

Infact not only should he have sat out the Vike Game. But during the Vikes game he should have had to run laps around the field with his pants around his ancles while sucking his thumb. (Like the fat Marine in the movie Full Metal Jacket.)

Teach them the Marine Corps Way.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline longtimefan  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:49:12 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

he wasnt

??? Sure he was. He was given a one game suspension and fine of one game check. Before the suspension could be served, he was able to appeal it with the NFL.

did he miss a game?
Offline NodakPaul  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:19:41 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

he wasnt

did he miss a game?

Semantics.

He was suspended. But didn't have to serve the suspension.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline NodakPaul  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:21:11 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

thanks for the update LT +1... I'm being such an applause hussy tonight.

Sounds fair. If I remember correctly, someone threw a drink at Barnett and he got a little testy (as would anyone). Hopefully this shows the other guys that NFL players are held to s higher standard of behavior.

The verdict is still out on Jolly, but its not looking to good. That's a pretty serious event.

Actually, he was the one doing the drink throwing.

http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=2907430
http://www.greenbaypress...701/PKR01/307010015/1058

Quote:
Barnett is accused of knocking drinks from the hands of two women during an argument in the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave., and throwing a cell phone belonging to one of the women against the wall, damaging the phone.

In a separate alleged incident about 45 minutes later, Barnett again confronted one of the women, allegedly threw a drink in her face and knocked her to the floor. Barnett left the bar in the company of another Packers player, the complaint said.
--
Rss Feed