Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:06:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,097

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I already knew that. You apparently got played by your own attempt at sarcasm. Weeeee!!

It's a double - sarcasm - thing-

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Not the DOUBLE Sarcasm trick!!!

Son. Of. A. ...
UserPostedImage
Offline wamj2008  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:42:19 PM(UTC)
wamj2008

Applause Received: 2

I don't mind seeing them go, but I hate to see another team sign "our" guys.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:54:52 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Biggest thing the Eagle have working against them is their new DC and the shadow of Jim Schwartz. Packer fans should know more than anyone the importance of good coaching. Dom Capers.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:26:50 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

They must fix the offensive line, as must we.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:41:59 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 286
Applause Received: 266

The Eagles weakness on D is the Safeties and LBs. If we can force them to play their base D, they will have one of their pro bowl corners on the bench.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline porky88  
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 9:32:13 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 372

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
The Eagles weakness on D is the Safeties and LBs. If we can force them to play their base D, they will have one of their pro bowl corners on the bench.

I'm betting Asante Samuel is traded or released a few days from now.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/30/2011(UTC)
Offline beast  
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:34:56 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 293

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
Reminds me of the Washington Redskins over the past 8-10 years. This is the kind of thing they would do with absolutely no success.

I disagree... the Redskins would give 2nd and 3rd tier talent but very hyped up players very top dollar, which was very stupid... it was like they didn't know football at all and were going solely on hype alone. (same with Raiders but they also factor in how fast you can run the 40 yard dash...)

The Eagles on the other hand are paying top dollar for top tier talent. Which is more likely to win games.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Rockmolder  
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:07:51 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 249

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I disagree... the Redskins would give 2nd and 3rd tier talent but very hyped up players very top dollar, which was very stupid... it was like they didn't know football at all and were going solely on hype alone. (same with Raiders but they also factor in how fast you can run the 40 yard dash...)

The Eagles on the other hand are paying top dollar for top tier talent. Which is more likely to win games.

And, next to that, they're not OVERpaying... Something the Redskins and Raiders always do. I mean, the Nnamdi contract was a very fair one... The Jenkins contract was on the cheap side, looking at how skilled he is, because of his age and injury history.
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:13:35 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Well, I suppose that's the nice thing about football. The Packers can't control what anybody else does, only what they do. Take care of business. Prepare for the opponent. Win your individual matchps. Teamwork. Win.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 2/26/2013(UTC)
Offline GoPack1984  
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:19:16 AM(UTC)
GoPack1984

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2011

Applause Given2: 45
Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
And, next to that, they're not OVERpaying... Something the Redskins and Raiders always do. I mean, the Nnamdi contract was a very fair one... The Jenkins contract was on the cheap side, looking at how skilled he is, because of his age and injury history.

I guess Ted has a lot of confidence in Mike Neal. From what I saw last year, I'm very excited to see him play. I still personally would have made an offer to retain Jenkins given he didn't sign for big money. Ted has been more right than wrong though when it comes to these things, so I'll trust him on this. I'm just very peeved to see Jenkins sign with the Eagles.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:22:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 Go to Quoted Post
I guess Ted has a lot of confidence in Mike Neal. From what I saw last year, I'm very excited to see him play. I still personally would have made an offer to retain Jenkins given he didn't sign for big money. Ted has been more right than wrong though when it comes to these things, so I'll trust him on this. I'm just very peeved to see Jenkins sign with the Eagles.

It was only the first practice, but C.J. Wilson started instead of Mike Neal.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:07:13 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I'm betting Asante Samuel is traded or released a few days from now.

I never understood why they got Asante in the first place. He's always been a zone-type defender, and Philly plays (essentialy) our old 4-3 with man coverage on the outside. My explanation (in my own mind) is that they were so bad in the DB department that they practically HAD to get him at the time.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline blueleopard  
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:19:53 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

You guys are forgetting that unlike Washington, the Eagles' coaching staff isn't that bad.

Andy Reid is still there and the guy is a gamer. He coached his team to the three straight NFC Championships with a lot less on his plate. Don't forget he was on our championship staff in 96. He knows what he's doing.

They're primed to make a run now. Zero mentioned Jermichael Finley. Ummm... when we went against Philly last year Finley was pretty much rendered useless.

Do I think they're better than us? No. Are they more of a threat? Yes.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:11:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
You guys are forgetting that unlike Washington, the Eagles' coaching staff isn't that bad.

Andy Reid is still there and the guy is a gamer. He coached his team to the three straight NFC Championships with a lot less on his plate. Don't forget he was on our championship staff in 96. He knows what he's doing.

They're primed to make a run now. Zero mentioned Jermichael Finley. Ummm... when we went against Philly last year Finley was pretty much rendered useless.

Do I think they're better than us? No. Are they more of a threat? Yes.

Ummm, it was the first game of the season and rarely do any teams come out of the gate on all cylinders.

But yes, you are correct, Jermichael Finley's 4 catches for 47 yards were useless in a 7 point win.

I think we're really overstating the value of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I think Nnamdi Asomugha and Asante Samuel are studs, but I think Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has a high ceiling, I just don't think he's a top tier CB. The Eagles thought they were out of the Nnamdi Asomugha running when they pulled the trigger for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie so that makes me wonder about Asante Samuel now.

If they keep all three, that's a stellar secondary, no question, but I believe they will be shipping Asante Samuel and he's the one I worry most about of those three. That's not a knock on Nnamdi Asomugha, I just haven't seen him play.

Jim Johnson was the key to the Eagles defensive success and sadly he passed away over a year ago. He's not replaceable, especially by a former offensive line coach. I am not saying it's not possible, just simply saying I feel these ego's on the Eagles roster are going to prefer doing their own thing, rather than stay on the same page. Each of their big signings (except Nnamdi Asomugha) can be let go after year one with no cap penalty. That means each of those players is going to want to prove their worth. Which means it could go one of two ways. They could stay on the same page to prove their worth more, or they could stray into doing what they feel is best. I think that'll be key.

I'm very confident the Packers will finish farther than the Eagles this year.

Edit, I also agree that Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. I'd say he's easily top five, but I really can't think of 4 that are better than him.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#30 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 7:38:26 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 196

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why? Maybe I'm over confident, but I don't think they have anyone who can cover Jermichael Finley (assuming he lasts to the post season) and Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson ... plus this Randall Cobb kid might be good and I didn't even mention Donald Driver.

Throw in Ryan Grant and James Starks (assuming both last to the post season) I just don't see how a team could beat the Packers, unless Aaron Rodgers is out.

I'm putting my money on the following ..
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant
James Starks
Greg Jennings covered by Samuel
Jordy Nelson (who couldn't be stopped by the Steelers only in the most important game of the season)covered by Rodgers-Cromartie
Jermichael Finleycovered by Asomugha Just like the Packers do with Woodson

They just added some excellent talent, yes. How do you think those ego's are going to fit with the Eagles new defensive coordinator who spent the last 13 years as an offensive line coach? I think it's going to take them a little bit to get on the same page.

I think they will be a very big threat if Vick plays like he did last year. I say the Eagles then the Packers followed by the Cowgirls have to be the favs in the NFC.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)