Green Bay Packers Forum
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jacob  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:33:40 AM(UTC)

Finley better settle down, He'll be on thin ice if Ted Thompson sees him as a problem and our rookie TE continues to impress...........
RainX  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:34:09 AM(UTC)

I don't mind this team showing a bit of swagger coming off their Super Bowl win, but Finley needs to get back on the field and do what made him such a valuable asset in 2009 instead of running his mouth.
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:25:36 AM(UTC)

Jacob said: Go to Quoted Post
Finley better settle down, He'll be on thin ice if Ted Thompson sees him as a problem and our rookie TE continues to impress...........

I think Jermichael Finely might be okay, considering what Ted Thompson is saying.

Ted Thompson said:
Finley is very competitive guy on the field. He’s very outgoing in way he talks. I don’t mind that. You can sometimes cross the line but I haven’t seen J-Mike cross the line.
musccy  
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:08:59 AM(UTC)

Despite what Ted said in that quote, I think how he drafted the last 2 years is much more telling about his feelings towards Finley. Whether it be due to injuries, his mouth, or the combo platter, to me it's clear that Ted has reservations about resigning Finley.
Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:11:21 AM(UTC)

musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
Despite what Ted said in that quote, I think how he drafted the last 2 years is much more telling about his feelings towards Finley. Whether it be due to injuries, his mouth, or the combo platter, to me it's clear that Ted has reservations about resigning Finley.

Very true. I wasn't really expecting Ted Thompson to say 'no comment' or anything that could devalue Jermichael Finley.
Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:25:53 AM(UTC)

He SHOULD just let his actions on the field do his talking.
musccy  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:37:03 AM(UTC)

Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Very true. I wasn't really expecting Ted Thompson to say 'no comment' or anything that could devalue Jermichael Finley.

You're exactly right, and I think that's a great point about the trade value of Finley (if they'd ever go that route). We all saw what happened with the Mets' owner and his comments this summer about his star players.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:42:23 AM(UTC)

Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
He SHOULD just let his actions on the field do his talking.

I'm sure he'd love to, if he could stay ON the field.
blueleopard  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 6:55:24 PM(UTC)

I like having Finley on the team because he provides an added dimension that you definitely have to gameplan against.

Which is a lot more than I can say about Nick Barnett.
Yerko  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 10:16:03 PM(UTC)

I'm going to back Finley on this comment(s) as well. Reason he is getting all the attention in the first place is because the media knows he will talk and give them some worthy trash talk. The trash talk is all around the league.

Finley's comments pretty much sum up my feelings as a Packers fan. The media was jumping all over the Eagles because of their free agent pick ups and Vince Young (a back up QB that has shown nothing in his NFL career) is declaring the Eagles a dream team.

Young placed the target, Finley hit the target.
DakotaT  
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:27:23 AM(UTC)

Good post!

To expand on it, we'll see who is going to get resigned first: Sitton, Raji, Matthews, Finley, Nelson, Rodgers redo. If Finley gets left to last, I think he'll be gone.
bboystyle  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:44:45 AM(UTC)

nothing bad at all and definitely not on TO's level of shit talking
cooolbeans08  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:38:48 AM(UTC)

Tezzy said: Go to Quoted Post
For me it has nothing to do with the football field or thinking his talk would affect the outcome at all. As a fan of the team I prefer to have players not be arrogant jerks. As Zero said, I don't mind him saying Packers are looking great, but to single out a person and use their role as a position to say that they aren't worthy enough to talk. I don't agree with belittling people, you can disagree with someone's opinion, but how does him being a backup have anything to do with it? Especially when Finley's stat line looked a lot like a backup last season.

This is such a non-issue. He's being an arrogant jerk..? Trash talk is just part of the game.

And if Finley is healthy, he's going to back up his talk with his production this year.
pack_in_black  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:58:31 AM(UTC)

By the same logic, Ted thinks Clifton runs his mouth a little too much, cause he's spent 2 first round picks on tackles. And he's planning a contingency for Woodson and/or Williams talking their way out of town, cause he's drafting and signing cornerbacks...
pack_in_black  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:04:51 PM(UTC)

DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Good post!

To expand on it, we'll see who is going to get resigned first: Sitton, Raji, Matthews, Finley, Nelson, Rodgers redo. If Finley gets left to last, I think he'll be gone.

Of that group, Finley, Sitton, and Nelson expire after this year. I doubt Rodgers, Raji, or Matthews get new deals since they all have multiple years left on their deals.

LINK
go.pack.go.  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:02:07 PM(UTC)

He didn't even say anything bad...I like his confidence. I don't understand why he gets called "little TO" every time he is mentioned in a topic.
cooolbeans08  
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:49:21 PM(UTC)

pack_in_black said: Go to Quoted Post
By the same logic, Ted thinks Clifton runs his mouth a little too much, cause he's spent 2 first round picks on tackles. And he's planning a contingency for Woodson and/or Williams talking their way out of town, cause he's drafting and signing cornerbacks...

I also disagree with what he said, but this isn't the best counter. Clifton and Woodson are nearing retirement.
kobe16  
#38 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:56:43 PM(UTC)

Im glad Finley is confident, we just gotta hope he and the rest of the guys can back it up
pack_in_black  
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:32:54 PM(UTC)

cooolbeans08 said: Go to Quoted Post
I also disagree with what he said, but this isn't the best counter. Clifton and Woodson are nearing retirement.

My point was that you draft for depth, not because you think your projected starter talks to much. I think it's more likely that he'd be concerned about Finley's health than his words, but we just don't know either way.
Dexter_Sinister  
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:45:15 PM(UTC)

Anybody can claim what ever they want. It is pretty safe because Thompson sure won't let on what he is thinking. So nobody can say you are wrong.

Reading TT's mind is a pretty dodgy prospects in the best of circumstances.
Rss Feed