You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:27:53 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You cant look at these moves as seperate entities. T T didn't just trade Corey Williams for fun, or because he wanted an extra draft pick. Corey was a free agent and was gonna leave because he wasn't gonna A. get paid starter money and B. become a starter. Ted didn't make this move to piss off fans, he made it because he thought it would be better to get something out of a situation where he would likely get nothing.

But the backup QB situation is something that might bite Ted and Mike in the end. Not because these kids arent good, as we don't know that yet. but because they might not be as ready as Mike and Ted would have thought. Remember this is not even close to an issue if Aaron stays healthy. So we don't need to freak out just yet i dont think. I mean Indy has Sorgi as a backup and their QB is legitamately hurt and no one is bashing their management. good QB's dont grow on trees, and many teams are in the same situation we are. These guys still have time to grow and learn throughout the season as long as Arod stays healthy.

2 points:

1) Losing Corey Williams is nothing about pissing off the fans. I have no idea how that got in there. We want Corey Williams because he's good. Good players deserve to be paid.

TT 's thinking was probably that Harrell will step up and we can save money by Harrell replacing Williams. Bad move. Harrell's injured again, as he probably always will be. I hope not. I hope Harrell turns out to be a Pro Bowler. I just won't bet my piggy bank on it because more than likely, he'll get injured yet again.

2) In the beginning of the preseason, I actually defended Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy for not picking up a Vet. Why? There's nobody I want. If someone like Brad Johnson was available, then yes. But there's not.

So, let's hope Aaron stays healthy. I don't want to lose Flynn long term. He may end up turning out better than Brohm. So far, he's looking better than Brohm. We pick up a Vet, we lose Flynn. You don't go into opening day with 4 QBs on your roster and if we stuck him on our PS, I will bet my piggy bank that someone else would make him an offer he can't refuse.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers