Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Heatherthepackgirl  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:17:54 PM(UTC)
If something horrible happened to me, do you think I would shut up? HEC NO!!! I will be talking until the truth came out.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:20:22 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I posted this two months ago and I will post it again.

JUST WAIT FOR HIS BOOK. Oh... You bet he will write it.

HE IS GOING TO TRASH THE PACKERS MANAGEMENT. It will be a slef-centered bio that will seperate him from the Packers Organization.

He can not help it. It is the nature of the man. The scorpion and the frog river crossing story all over again.


The book will have his name on it but I doubt he will "write" it.
Hopefully writing a book will help him to get over the whole ordeal.



He was "asked" the questions. He was answering the questions to the best of his ability I would do the same.
mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:42:59 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was going to stay off this subject and not say anything, but now for my two cents worth. :)

Brett didnt just come out on his own with a press conference, these were questions that were asked of him, why on earth would he say something that wasnt true or just sit there and say nothing? If things that were said about me that were not true, you bet your bottom britches I would tell the truth in how it all went down, but I would have had a press conference on my own and told my side of the story, I have that right. I hope someday Brett does write a book to give his side, I would be the first in line to buy it.

To me Brett doesnt look like the idiot, its the Packers that look like the idiots, they are probably not saying anything because they know what Brett has said is the truth. There are many different ways to look at this interview and you cant tell me that any of you wouldnt say a thing and go on with business if something or somethings were said that were incorrect, you would want to try and straighten them out with the public/fans. Yes its a business but what happened to respect?

Brett has always been a straight shooter why should he change now? I for one am glad things are coming out, I agree both sides were wrong, but when I read what zero posted I am 100% on Bretts side.

I wish both teams success because it did have nothing to do with the packer players.



Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer. He's already told his side of the story umpteen times... give it up already.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I was going to stay off this subject and not say anything, but now for my two cents worth. :)

Brett didnt just come out on his own with a press conference, these were questions that were asked of him, why on earth would he say something that wasnt true or just sit there and say nothing? If things that were said about me that were not true, you bet your bottom britches I would tell the truth in how it all went down, but I would have had a press conference on my own and told my side of the story, I have that right. I hope someday Brett does write a book to give his side, I would be the first in line to buy it.

To me Brett doesnt look like the idiot, its the Packers that look like the idiots, they are probably not saying anything because they know what Brett has said is the truth. There are many different ways to look at this interview and you cant tell me that any of you wouldnt say a thing and go on with business if something or somethings were said that were incorrect, you would want to try and straighten them out with the public/fans. Yes its a business but what happened to respect?

Brett has always been a straight shooter why should he change now? I for one am glad things are coming out, I agree both sides were wrong, but when I read what zero posted I am 100% on Bretts side.

I wish both teams success because it did have nothing to do with the packer players.



Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer. He's already told his side of the story umpteen times... give it up already.



Im sure there is more, so I say let him speak!
evad04  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 1:05:30 PM(UTC)
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers ;))
wpr  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:50:20 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers ;))


+2 :thumbright:
Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:41:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers ;))

For your first line in your statement, this will help........
"BOOM! Tuff actin' Tinactin!!!" :thumbright:
And for the rest of your statement..... :thumbright: :thumbleft: :thumbright: :thumbleft:
mi_keys  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 6:49:09 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers ;))



Great post
zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:04:48 PM(UTC)
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I think Ted Thompson put Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.
Greg C.  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:03:16 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.


If Favre is a "straight shooter," please explain these things he said back in April:
http://sportsillustrated.../favre.denial/index.html

I've lived in the South, and the people there are no more or less honest than northerners. In fact, many southerners are proud of their ability to feed people a line of crap with a perfectly straight face. And Favre has done that at times, such as in the article above and most famously when he denied that he let Michael Strahan sack him to break that record.

Favre is a "straight shooter" only when it serves his purposes.
longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:09:28 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.

Ted Thompson is a southern and also a VERY religious man

However neither of those 2 things says he isn't a liar just like saying BF is telling the truth because he is from the south
Trippster  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:49:07 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.


If Favre is a "straight shooter," please explain these things he said back in April:
http://sportsillustrated.../favre.denial/index.html

I've lived in the South, and the people there are no more or less honest than northerners. In fact, many southerners are proud of their ability to feed people a line of crap with a perfectly straight face. And Favre has done that at times, such as in the article above and most famously when he denied that he let Michael Strahan sack him to break that record.

Favre is a "straight shooter" only when it serves his purposes.


I dont see any lies in there. I see IN APRIL, he felt like he was happy about his decision. He also stated that he had no idea how he will feel in the future. That is what he has always said, "never say never".
dingus  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:49:56 PM(UTC)
MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All along Ted Thompson was saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

The Question, IMHO, was if BF was 100% committed to the TEAM, not just interested in playing on his terms. Mike McCarthy said it w/o saying it, "BF was not in the right mindset to play for the GBP"
Trippster  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:55:27 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All alongTed Thompsonwas saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

The Question, IMHO, was if BF was 100% committed to the TEAM, not just interested in playing on his terms. Mike McCarthy said it w/o saying it, "BF was not in the right mindset to play for the GBP"


So if Brett is lying about TT, then why can't he get past what apparently didn't happen? :cyclopsani:
longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:57:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All alongTed Thompsonwas saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

The Question, IMHO, was if BF was 100% committed to the TEAM, not just interested in playing on his terms. Mike McCarthy said it w/o saying it, "BF was not in the right mindset to play for the GBP"


So if Brett is lying about TT, then why can't he get past what apparently didn't happen? :cyclopsani:


Has Brett or anyone else laid out what happened in that 6 hour meeting?

cuz I think there is a TON of un told truths from that
dingus  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:10:41 PM(UTC)
LTF, I agree, there was much more to the meeting, I over simplified. But Mike McCarthy 's main (Only) point he was willing to make in his "post meeting" presser was that they were not getting past the bad blood.

zombie- I don't recall saying that BF ws lying. I think BF has turned into a prima donna and thinks he's above the team. Ted Thompson didn't fetch like shermy and he couldn't handle it so he turns Ted Thompson 's non-action on his requests into something else.After all, BF was the QB, not a scout or management type. Strap it on, shut up and play football, that's what he was paid (handsomely) to do.
longtimefan  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:23:35 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
LTF, I agree, there was much more to the meeting, I over simplified. [size=18]But Mike McCarthy 's main (Only) point he was willing to make in his "post meeting" presser was that they were not getting past the bad blood.
[/size]
.


That is exactly what Gary Ellerson said on WSSP..His source ( which I believe is a coach) stated that Brett could not stop bashing Ted Thompson during their metting..

Hence why Brett was not in the "right mind set"
Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:24:55 PM(UTC)
I can't stand Ted either. After a few years of reading and listening and watching his conferences. I think he's a fucktard.


I'd still rather him the GM over someone else though.
CDNRodgersfan  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:39:54 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?



A holstein cow? :thumbleft:
Sorry I'm laughing anyway since Zero used the word fuktard :icon_smile:
Trippster  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:57:27 PM(UTC)
So, back to my question.

What is it that brett believes so strongly that Ted Thompson did wrong? it is not the lies before, it was whateve has happened since he decided to come back. He has to believe in his heart that Ted Thompson lied to the press about Brett regarding something that would make him boil that much.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Smokey (2h) : GB needs to trade up in the draft to get THE Ohio State CB - Marshon Lattimore !
Zero2Cool (9h) : QB Mark Sanchez joining the Bears.
Zero2Cool (12h) : double it up
Zero2Cool (12h) : I'm kidding, relax....
Zero2Cool (12h) : and now he has been cut
uffda udfa (23-Mar) : Per Schefter: Former Skins DT Ricky Jean Francois signed a one-year, $3M deal with Packers, per source.
uffda udfa (23-Mar) : Per Schefter: FormerSkins DT Ricky Jean Francois signed a one-year, $3M deal with Packers, per source.
Zero2Cool (23-Mar) : lol by .01 not what i thought
Zero2Cool (23-Mar) : he's faster than Montgomery
uffda udfa (22-Mar) : Packers re-sign Christine Michael
Smokey (22-Mar) : Easier said than fixed .
Nonstopdrivel (22-Mar) : The web version lists who started the thread; the mobile version lists who last updated it.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Mar) : Also, there's a weird disparity between the web version and online version of this site.
Nonstopdrivel (22-Mar) : ;-)
Zero2Cool (21-Mar) : Packers wanted D. Ware in 2005. Thank you Cowboys!
Zero2Cool (21-Mar) : lol Rourke
Nonstopdrivel (21-Mar) : I HATE HATE HATE the way all threads get marked as read after viewing a few of them in one session. It's obnoxious.
Smokey (21-Mar) : Check out this site, NFLdraftscout.com , a great resource site.
Smokey (20-Mar) : Jared Cook signs with Raiders .
Smokey (20-Mar) : I did watch SB 45 on YouTube the other night, very eye opening .
Smokey (20-Mar) : Watching Spring Training Baseball, Nationals vs Yankees, very interesting .
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : B1G making some noise in that bracket
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : The more join, the more talk, the better. including John
Zero2Cool (19-Mar) : no forum should need one person, we have others, speak up!
gbguy20 (19-Mar) : slow forum needs more uffda
Smokey (19-Mar) : There's always next year .
Smokey (18-Mar) : Virginia is still in it !
Smokey (18-Mar) : On Wisconsin
Zero2Cool (18-Mar) : Down goes Villanova!! Badgers!!!
Zero2Cool (18-Mar) : Might have went into your SPAM or JUNK folder??
yooperfan (18-Mar) : Funny I never got the invite
wpr (17-Mar) : Ignoring the Signing Bonus, Jones' base is only $725K above the vet min
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Not many seem interested, but I did invite those from last year.
dhazer (16-Mar) : no bracket challenge Kevin?
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Blame twitter on the /home page here lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

23-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Mar / Announcements / Zero2Cool

23-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Mar / Fantasy Sports Talk / wpr

23-Mar / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

17-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

Headlines