Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline packedhouse02  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 10:52:34 AM(UTC)
packedhouse02

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2008(UTC)
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I posted this two months ago and I will post it again.

JUST WAIT FOR HIS BOOK. Oh... You bet he will write it.

HE IS GOING TO TRASH THE PACKERS MANAGEMENT. It will be a slef-centered bio that will seperate him from the Packers Organization.

He can not help it. It is the nature of the man. The scorpion and the frog river crossing story all over again.


The book will have his name on it but I doubt he will "write" it.
Hopefully writing a book will help him to get over the whole ordeal.


When he said, let me worry about my legacy, I thought you won't have to worry about your legacy because you're not going to have one if you keep this shit up. A guilty man always pleads his case.
blank
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 11:01:10 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,284
Applause Received: 1,581
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I posted this two months ago and I will post it again.

JUST WAIT FOR HIS BOOK. Oh... You bet he will write it.

HE IS GOING TO TRASH THE PACKERS MANAGEMENT. It will be a slef-centered bio that will seperate him from the Packers Organization.

He can not help it. It is the nature of the man. The scorpion and the frog river crossing story all over again.


The book will have his name on it but I doubt he will "write" it.
Hopefully writing a book will help him to get over the whole ordeal.


When he said, let me worry about my legacy, I thought you won't have to worry about your legacy because you're not going to have one if you keep this shit up. A guilty man always pleads his case.


I sure hope you don't mean OJ. He WAS found innocent Yellow Wink you know.
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:05:56 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
I was going to stay off this subject and not say anything, but now for my two cents worth. Smile

Brett didnt just come out on his own with a press conference, these were questions that were asked of him, why on earth would he say something that wasnt true or just sit there and say nothing? If things that were said about me that were not true, you bet your bottom britches I would tell the truth in how it all went down, but I would have had a press conference on my own and told my side of the story, I have that right. I hope someday Brett does write a book to give his side, I would be the first in line to buy it.

To me Brett doesnt look like the idiot, its the Packers that look like the idiots, they are probably not saying anything because they know what Brett has said is the truth. There are many different ways to look at this interview and you cant tell me that any of you wouldnt say a thing and go on with business if something or somethings were said that were incorrect, you would want to try and straighten them out with the public/fans. Yes its a business but what happened to respect?

Brett has always been a straight shooter why should he change now? I for one am glad things are coming out, I agree both sides were wrong, but when I read what zero posted I am 100% on Bretts side.

I wish both teams success because it did have nothing to do with the packer players.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I posted this two months ago and I will post it again.

JUST WAIT FOR HIS BOOK. Oh... You bet he will write it.

HE IS GOING TO TRASH THE PACKERS MANAGEMENT. It will be a slef-centered bio that will seperate him from the Packers Organization.

He can not help it. It is the nature of the man. The scorpion and the frog river crossing story all over again.


The book will have his name on it but I doubt he will "write" it.
Hopefully writing a book will help him to get over the whole ordeal.


When he said, let me worry about my legacy, I thought you won't have to worry about your legacy because you're not going to have one if you keep this shit up. A guilty man always pleads his case.



A good man tells the truth and is honest. Just because Brett is answering questions that "someone" else is asking, doesnt mean he is guilty this is rediculous. To me a guilty man hides under the covers and hopes noone notices them he also never looks you straight in the eye. And dont worry about Brett's legacy because that will always be intact, but Brett is right, noone should worry about his legacy but him HELLOOO.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Brett is so full of shit. The more I read on this mess, the more pissed off I get. What a selfish ego maniac he has turned out to be. It's one thing if he decided he wanted to unretire, it's totally wrong of him to just continually put the blame on Ted Thompson and the Packers. The bottom line is that he's been playing mind games with the Packers for years. That's a fact. I have no doubt that the Packers forced his hand and that the decision to send him his locker and retire him was done to make sure he didn't change his mind again. I don't have any qualms about him playing with the Jets, but to come back to spite the Packers and play with the Queens or the Bears is just stupid. I continue to lose respect for this guy I used to admire so much.



Im glad some of you on this board are respectful of others on how you talk. I will always have respect for a man that gave 150% and then some on the football field and in his public life. I for one will always admire him, and I hope that he DOESNT stop talking, I hope it all comes out.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:17:54 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
If something horrible happened to me, do you think I would shut up? HEC NO!!! I will be talking until the truth came out.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:20:22 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I posted this two months ago and I will post it again.

JUST WAIT FOR HIS BOOK. Oh... You bet he will write it.

HE IS GOING TO TRASH THE PACKERS MANAGEMENT. It will be a slef-centered bio that will seperate him from the Packers Organization.

He can not help it. It is the nature of the man. The scorpion and the frog river crossing story all over again.


The book will have his name on it but I doubt he will "write" it.
Hopefully writing a book will help him to get over the whole ordeal.



He was "asked" the questions. He was answering the questions to the best of his ability I would do the same.
Heathiee
Offline mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:42:59 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 256
Applause Received: 394
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I was going to stay off this subject and not say anything, but now for my two cents worth. Smile

Brett didnt just come out on his own with a press conference, these were questions that were asked of him, why on earth would he say something that wasnt true or just sit there and say nothing? If things that were said about me that were not true, you bet your bottom britches I would tell the truth in how it all went down, but I would have had a press conference on my own and told my side of the story, I have that right. I hope someday Brett does write a book to give his side, I would be the first in line to buy it.

To me Brett doesnt look like the idiot, its the Packers that look like the idiots, they are probably not saying anything because they know what Brett has said is the truth. There are many different ways to look at this interview and you cant tell me that any of you wouldnt say a thing and go on with business if something or somethings were said that were incorrect, you would want to try and straighten them out with the public/fans. Yes its a business but what happened to respect?

Brett has always been a straight shooter why should he change now? I for one am glad things are coming out, I agree both sides were wrong, but when I read what zero posted I am 100% on Bretts side.

I wish both teams success because it did have nothing to do with the packer players.



Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer. He's already told his side of the story umpteen times... give it up already.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I was going to stay off this subject and not say anything, but now for my two cents worth. Smile

Brett didnt just come out on his own with a press conference, these were questions that were asked of him, why on earth would he say something that wasnt true or just sit there and say nothing? If things that were said about me that were not true, you bet your bottom britches I would tell the truth in how it all went down, but I would have had a press conference on my own and told my side of the story, I have that right. I hope someday Brett does write a book to give his side, I would be the first in line to buy it.

To me Brett doesnt look like the idiot, its the Packers that look like the idiots, they are probably not saying anything because they know what Brett has said is the truth. There are many different ways to look at this interview and you cant tell me that any of you wouldnt say a thing and go on with business if something or somethings were said that were incorrect, you would want to try and straighten them out with the public/fans. Yes its a business but what happened to respect?

Brett has always been a straight shooter why should he change now? I for one am glad things are coming out, I agree both sides were wrong, but when I read what zero posted I am 100% on Bretts side.

I wish both teams success because it did have nothing to do with the packer players.



Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer. He's already told his side of the story umpteen times... give it up already.



Im sure there is more, so I say let him speak!
Heathiee
Offline evad04  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 1:05:30 PM(UTC)
evad04

Rank: Rookie
Joined: 8/10/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 144
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers Wink)
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:50:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,284
Applause Received: 1,581
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers Wink)


+2 thumbrightt:
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:41:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 327
Applause Received: 518
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers Wink)

For your first line in your statement, this will help........
"BOOM! Tuff actin' Tinactin!!!" thumbrightt:
And for the rest of your statement..... thumbrightt: thumbleft: thumbrightt: thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 6:49:09 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 256
Applause Received: 394
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The only thing that's really chafing my nuts is this, "Ted Thompson just wanted HIS players" bullshit. That is nothing if not speculative. Give it up, people. Brett isn't the holy grail of truth, and neither were the Packers management. If you instill 100% trust in either side, you're putting an awful lot of stock into one side's story.

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

Remove the emotions. Remove the pre-conceived notions. Remove all the muddled particularities of this entire debacle, and answer that one question. Is it even POSSIBLE that one side did all the wrong things? Have you answered it yet? Do you still feel the same way? If you do, I think you're doing it wrong.

Go Packers! Go Brett! I wish both continued success (just more for the Packers Wink)



Great post
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:04:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I think Ted Thompson put Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. [tt] [mm] [ar]
Offline Greg C.  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:03:16 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan
Applause Received: 48
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.


If Favre is a "straight shooter," please explain these things he said back in April:
http://sportsillustrated.../favre.denial/index.html

I've lived in the South, and the people there are no more or less honest than northerners. In fact, many southerners are proud of their ability to feed people a line of crap with a perfectly straight face. And Favre has done that at times, such as in the article above and most famously when he denied that he let Michael Strahan sack him to break that record.

Favre is a "straight shooter" only when it serves his purposes.
blank
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Grabacr

4-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

4-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

3-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

3-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

3-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind


Tweeter