Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<91011
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackCard  
#101 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:16:51 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3
The Chiefs should have won by more than they did. Plenty of red zone trips where our defense held. I've been concerned about the defense all year (stingy they ain't.) Now the injuries on the O-line concern me. What's the prognosis on Pickett? We need he and Bishop back in the worst way.
Offline dingus  
#102 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:29:15 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 41
Applause Received: 38
PackCard said: Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't specific enough with my comment. He's almost perfect in perfect conditions. When it's sloppy, he's not quite as good, which is usually how it is with all QB's. I'm thinking of the NFC title game last year for example when he wasn't as sharp in the 2nd half of the game. He's almost always great every time he's out there but I don't think he's quite as good in cold. No, it wasn't freezing today but it's starting to get there. Still, I'm confident.

My recollection of the NFCCG had Rodgers getting his bell rung late in the 2nd Quarter (I think) by a helmet to helmet from Peppers and being off after that. He was super sharp before that.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#103 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:37:05 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 271
The Chiefs only had to punt 2 times today. Meanwhile the Packers had to punt 6 times. That makes me want to grind my teeth. Give me a defense who can consistently force punts and keep opposing offenses off the field, and I will happily trade all those highlight-quality interceptions and strips.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#104 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:30:31 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 144
bboystyle said: Go to Quoted Post
i was right dick head...our O was wayyyy off

Evidently, you did not either read my post, or you did and could not get at what I was trying to say.

Again, edited down:

1) Your conclusion was right. I have never denied that they did play poorly today. It is clear to those who say the game that they did so.

2) That does not mean your premises were correct.

To say otherwise (playing poorly means the reasons you said they would play poorly are true) is bad reasoning.

And, yet again, if you feel you must resort to name calling when addressing me then save yourself the trouble and just ignore my posts / do not reply to them.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#105 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:17:45 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 158
You only need 2 words to sum up today's loss.

Pad. Level.

Once McCarthy fixes that this team is money. You heard it here first.
Offline AKampfan78  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:53:56 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 2
Well it sure was a rough game Sunday, I for one did not expect the Packers to sleepwalk through the game. I think you guys have all made really good points, one thing that I had not thought about was the preseason "game" against them. I am sure that along with a damaged Orton (plus beating him already this season) and an interim coach, the team might have thought this was already a W. Nice to see so many fellow cheeseheads at the game, I would guess it was at least 50/50 split. The fans were very polite and nice before during and after the game. All in all, fun trip but I hope it lights the fire for the Packers going forward! Go Pack Go!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:08:27 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 271
I like this quote I found over at GBPG:

Scott Rochon said:
Our defense is really tough inside the 5. How come the other 95 yards are so easy for the opposition?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/21/2011(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:20:27 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,722
Applause Received: 1,887
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
I like this quote I found over at GBPG:

actually they have been pretty good until once they get down to the 15-20 then they improve. One of the major reasons IS because they are down near the goal line. No one is going to run a 30 yard fly. By default a lot of the routes the offense can run are eliminated. It makes it easier to cover the receivers.
Rss Feed