Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DGB454  
#41 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:00:09 AM(UTC)
Driver and Cobb will get fed in the middle a lot because of Jennings being gone I believe. Also Grant will have another good showing. Dump offs to him and running.
buckeyepackfan  
#42 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:19:33 AM(UTC)
This from KFFL

Packers | Ryan Taylor might be moved to H-back

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:26:32 -0800

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy indicated Friday, Dec. 16, that TE Ryan Taylor or one of the other tight ends might be moved to the backfield as an extra blocker in Week 15. Taylor was used as an H-back in college at North Carolina, and TE Tom Crabtree has also lined up in the backfield in the past. "I think they even have more flexibility than your traditional fullback body type," McCarthy said. "We'll obviously have all four of our tight ends up."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz1gtZaTShZ

Packer #1 Receiver goes down, name one NFL team that can match the talent and experience of Nelson,Driver,Jones and Cobb as their top 4 wr's.(Saints, Falcons?) the only 2 I can think of, maybe The "Boys" when healthy.

Throw in a much maligned Jermicheal Finley along with Crabtree, Williams and Taylor and IMHO The Packers are still loaded and will not change a thing.
bboystyle  
#43 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:52:09 AM(UTC)
bboystyle said: Go to Quoted Post
i have a feeling our O will be off due to Jennings missing and Nelson possibly being doubled...I truly think our Depth at WR will be partially exposed as over rated..DOnt get me wrong,we'll still win,but i think this game might be dangerous for Rodgers if our O-line dont hold up because i have a feeling our WR's wont be open as much...Just a gut feeling so i could be wrong

yup so far im right... *sigh*
go.pack.go.  
#44 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:01:58 PM(UTC)
We are completely sucking right now. Our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed and our offense is terrible. Finley is continuing his drops, along with Driver (Driver only has 1). I'm getting pissed.

Hopefully we find a way to win.
JenningsSaveMe  
#45 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:02:52 PM(UTC)
Chat is not working for me, but does anyone else have no sound? And yes I have the sound on and up.
nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:07:47 PM(UTC)
JenningsSaveMe said: Go to Quoted Post
Chat is not working for me, but does anyone else have no sound? And yes I have the sound on and up.

Me niether, im running linux. I get "undefined string.' Dunno what that is, it's jinxing the hell out of the team.
gijoe82  
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:12:56 PM(UTC)
for those having trouble with the video thread you can watch the game here: http://www.firstrowsport...s-green-bay-packers.html
all_about_da_packers  
#48 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:14:20 PM(UTC)
yup so far im right... *sigh*

Um, not really. The only thing you've been right about is our O sucking.

But that is not because our depth at WR has been exposed, or because Jordy is getting doubled.

We've played the worst game on offense so far this season. Drops? Check. O-line (LT) playing atrociously? Check. Rodgers being uncharacteristically off the mark? Check. Finley playing the worst game (receiving wise) of his career? Check.

None of this really speaks to the points you made.
bboystyle  
#49 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers said: Go to Quoted Post
Um, not really. The only thing you've been right about is our O sucking.

But that is not because our depth at WR has been exposed, or because Jordy is getting doubled.

We've played the worst game on offense so far this season. Drops? Check. O-line (LT) playing atrociously? Check. Rodgers being uncharacteristically off the mark? Check. Finley playing the worst game (receiving wise) of his career? Check.

None of this really speaks to the points you made.

the whole point is that our O will be off and im right about that...Be mad all u want but i kind of knew this would happen...Our depth isnt as great as we think it is as NO ONE is open against the KC D...And to the poster who said our D isnt doing good,they are the reason why we are still in the game...Otherwise it would be 21-0...So yea i was right dick head...
go.pack.go.  
#50 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:41:02 PM(UTC)
Only positive in this game is Tim Masthay booming punts.
all_about_da_packers  
#51 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:53:13 PM(UTC)
the whole point is that our O will be off and im right about that...Be mad all u want but i kind of knew this would happen...Our depth isnt as great as we think it is as NO ONE is open against the KC D...And to the poster who said our D isnt doing good,they are the reason why we are still in the game...Otherwise it would be 21-0...So yea i was right dick head...

Frankly, if you think I'm the person you have to respond to by using "dick head" then I suggest you consider being the bigger man and not bother responding at all, instead of risking this degenerate into a name-calling discussion.

Again, depth is not the reason we are struggling. Our depth is good enough to perform for us to win (as evidenced by, really, any of the wins since Clifton went down). Depth has nothing to do with Rodgers overthrowing passes (Driver and Jordy on the sidelines, or trying to escape straight into a sack / fumble. Depth has nothing to do with Driver dropping a pass he had in his lap, or with Finley struggling to make catches he would make in his sleep. Depth still has noting to do with the fact the one aspect of this game we have had some success at (running the ball) not being stuck with by McCarthy.

We are killing ourselves on offense because of tremendously poor execution. You may have seen this coming - I'm not arguing against that - but I'm taking issue with you saying just because the result you expected is happening, it is happening because of the reasons you expected it to.

That, sir, is a fallacy.
nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:57:26 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post
Only positive in this game is Tim Masthay booming punts.

Grant is looking ok.
go.pack.go.  
#53 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:02:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Grant is looking ok.

Yeah he is. I think having Sitton back is making a huge difference.
nerdmann  
#54 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:14:03 PM(UTC)
gijoe82 said: Go to Quoted Post
for those having trouble with the video thread you can watch the game here: http://www.firstrowsport...s-green-bay-packers.html

I had the stream, I just couldn't get in the chat, which of course jinxed the shit out of us. Wtf's an undefined string?
Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:18:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
I had the stream, I just couldn't get in the chat, which of course jinxed the shit out of us. Wtf's an undefined string?

It's a string that has no definition.
rabidgopher04  
#56 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:22:45 PM(UTC)
Well, at least it's over. Hopefully the Packers can win from here on out on the way to another Super Bowl win.
musccy  
#57 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:27:25 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04 said: Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least it's over. Hopefully the Packers can win from here on out on the way to another Super Bowl win.

Although a much larger part of me is frustrated by the complete lack of pass rush, drops by one of the few show boat self-promoters on the team (who happens to be in a contract year) and the consistent inability for the wrs to create any separation...a tiny part of me is relieved because of what you said. Now all focus can be on what really matters.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#58 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:29:23 PM(UTC)
Please God, don't let my forum brothers act a bunch of petulant children after losing an insignficant game when half our offense was on the sideline on crutches.

Oh yeah, and let Detroit lose today so we can knock them out of the playoffs in two weeks.
Stevetarded  
#59 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:33:04 PM(UTC)
If you need some yards just run off the edge at Walden.
Zero2Cool  
#60 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:35:22 PM(UTC)
The things I've mentioned over the last few weeks were exposed today... thanks to injuries and what appeared to be a complete lack of heart from the Packers. My only real concern is the Packers can't stop the run, although some dispute this, they are wrong. When it comes down to it, teams need a first down, they are able to get it running the ball. It was looking like that was false with the two impressive goal line stops.

I'm not really bummed about this loss. I think it'll be a good swift kick in the ass for the Packers and also will allow them to rest and get healthy. I still say, play your starters into 3rd quarter of the final two games. As long as the Packers get 14 or more wins in the regular season, I'm okay with that.
Rss Feed