Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:07:47 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: JenningsSaveMe Go to Quoted Post
Chat is not working for me, but does anyone else have no sound? And yes I have the sound on and up.

Me niether, im running linux. I get "undefined string.' Dunno what that is, it's jinxing the hell out of the team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gijoe82  
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:12:56 PM(UTC)
gijoe82

Applause Received: 1

for those having trouble with the video thread you can watch the game here: http://www.firstrowsport...s-green-bay-packers.html
blank
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#48 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:14:20 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: bboystyle Go to Quoted Post
yup so far im right... *sigh*

Um, not really. The only thing you've been right about is our O sucking.

But that is not because our depth at WR has been exposed, or because Jordy is getting doubled.

We've played the worst game on offense so far this season. Drops? Check. O-line (LT) playing atrociously? Check. Rodgers being uncharacteristically off the mark? Check. Finley playing the worst game (receiving wise) of his career? Check.

None of this really speaks to the points you made.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline bboystyle  
#49 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
bboystyle

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
Um, not really. The only thing you've been right about is our O sucking.

But that is not because our depth at WR has been exposed, or because Jordy is getting doubled.

We've played the worst game on offense so far this season. Drops? Check. O-line (LT) playing atrociously? Check. Rodgers being uncharacteristically off the mark? Check. Finley playing the worst game (receiving wise) of his career? Check.

None of this really speaks to the points you made.

the whole point is that our O will be off and im right about that...Be mad all u want but i kind of knew this would happen...Our depth isnt as great as we think it is as NO ONE is open against the KC D...And to the poster who said our D isnt doing good,they are the reason why we are still in the game...Otherwise it would be 21-0...So yea i was right dick head...
blank
Offline go.pack.go.  
#50 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:41:02 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Only positive in this game is Tim Masthay booming punts.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#51 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:53:13 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: bboystyle Go to Quoted Post
the whole point is that our O will be off and im right about that...Be mad all u want but i kind of knew this would happen...Our depth isnt as great as we think it is as NO ONE is open against the KC D...And to the poster who said our D isnt doing good,they are the reason why we are still in the game...Otherwise it would be 21-0...So yea i was right dick head...

Frankly, if you think I'm the person you have to respond to by using "dick head" then I suggest you consider being the bigger man and not bother responding at all, instead of risking this degenerate into a name-calling discussion.

Again, depth is not the reason we are struggling. Our depth is good enough to perform for us to win (as evidenced by, really, any of the wins since Clifton went down). Depth has nothing to do with Rodgers overthrowing passes (Driver and Jordy on the sidelines, or trying to escape straight into a sack / fumble. Depth has nothing to do with Driver dropping a pass he had in his lap, or with Finley struggling to make catches he would make in his sleep. Depth still has noting to do with the fact the one aspect of this game we have had some success at (running the ball) not being stuck with by McCarthy.

We are killing ourselves on offense because of tremendously poor execution. You may have seen this coming - I'm not arguing against that - but I'm taking issue with you saying just because the result you expected is happening, it is happening because of the reasons you expected it to.

That, sir, is a fallacy.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:57:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
Only positive in this game is Tim Masthay booming punts.

Grant is looking ok.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline go.pack.go.  
#53 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:02:33 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Grant is looking ok.

Yeah he is. I think having Sitton back is making a huge difference.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/18/2011(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#54 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:14:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: gijoe82 Go to Quoted Post
for those having trouble with the video thread you can watch the game here: http://www.firstrowsport...s-green-bay-packers.html

I had the stream, I just couldn't get in the chat, which of course jinxed the shit out of us. Wtf's an undefined string?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:18:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I had the stream, I just couldn't get in the chat, which of course jinxed the shit out of us. Wtf's an undefined string?

It's a string that has no definition.
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#56 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:22:45 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

Well, at least it's over. Hopefully the Packers can win from here on out on the way to another Super Bowl win.
Do you like bacon?
Offline musccy  
#57 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:27:25 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 245
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least it's over. Hopefully the Packers can win from here on out on the way to another Super Bowl win.

Although a much larger part of me is frustrated by the complete lack of pass rush, drops by one of the few show boat self-promoters on the team (who happens to be in a contract year) and the consistent inability for the wrs to create any separation...a tiny part of me is relieved because of what you said. Now all focus can be on what really matters.
Offline DakotaT  
#58 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:29:23 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Please God, don't let my forum brothers act a bunch of petulant children after losing an insignficant game when half our offense was on the sideline on crutches.

Oh yeah, and let Detroit lose today so we can knock them out of the playoffs in two weeks.
UserPostedImage
Offline Stevetarded  
#59 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:33:04 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Applause Received: 63

If you need some yards just run off the edge at Walden.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 12/18/2011(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#60 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:35:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

The things I've mentioned over the last few weeks were exposed today... thanks to injuries and what appeared to be a complete lack of heart from the Packers. My only real concern is the Packers can't stop the run, although some dispute this, they are wrong. When it comes down to it, teams need a first down, they are able to get it running the ball. It was looking like that was false with the two impressive goal line stops.

I'm not really bummed about this loss. I think it'll be a good swift kick in the ass for the Packers and also will allow them to rest and get healthy. I still say, play your starters into 3rd quarter of the final two games. As long as the Packers get 14 or more wins in the regular season, I'm okay with that.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed