Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DoddPower  
#61 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:36:12 PM(UTC)
Horrible loss today. The team looked pathetic is almost every aspect. My only hope is that they can turn this into a positive to light a fire that burns throughout the playoffs and Super Bowl victory. Otherwise, this season will be pretty disappointing. This team is far too good to play like they did today. Let's hope this is a turning point in the season.
porky88  
#62 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:37:04 PM(UTC)
It's amazing. Kansas City plays their starters into the fourth quarter of a preseason game and the Packers' backups destroy them. Yet, Kansas City is the one team to end the streak. I wonder if the preseason game had anything to do with Green Bay’s mindset entering the game. The players definitely wanted a perfect season, but they didn't look ready for Kansas City. I hope that they can learn from this humbling experience. 15-1 is a pretty big deal, especially winning a second consecutive Super Bowl. In fact, the last team to go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl was San Francisco in 89. Somebody may have to correct me there. My point is that this in no way diminishes what the Packers could potentially achieve this season.
Packers_Finland  
#63 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:37:04 PM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
Although a much larger part of me is frustrated by the complete lack of pass rush, drops by one of the few show boat self-promoters on the team (who happens to be in a contract year) and the consistent inability for the wrs to create any separation...a tiny part of me is relieved because of what you said. Now all focus can be on what really matters.

But Finley had the most recieving yards from our team! He's obviously elite!
DanJustDan29  
#64 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:42:42 PM(UTC)
According to Aaron Nagler (Twitter) Sherrod is out for the year.
Zero2Cool  
#65 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:45:05 PM(UTC)
DanJustDan29 said: Go to Quoted Post

Screw Nagler for stating the obvious for anyone who seen Sherrod's ankle being bent in ways that the human should not be bent, lol.
Cheesey  
#66 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:45:12 PM(UTC)
Wow. I haven't seen this team look so pathetic on both sides of the ball in a long time. Seems to me they thought all they had to do was show up and the Chiefs would tremble and quit.
The offense was dropping passes, letting Aaron Rodgers get clobbered all game.
The defense couldn't get a stop when it mattered most. Our D really scares me. yes, they had some stops, forcing field goals. But this was the CHIEFS. Not some "elite" offense. If they can give up yards like this to a sucky offense, they will get destroyed against a good O in the playoffs.
This shows what will happen when our offense can't put up points to keep up with the other team.

I'm glad it happened before the playoffs. Maybe McCarthy can slap these guys awake now.

They need SF to lose or another win to get home field.
nerdmann  
#67 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:45:25 PM(UTC)

Was it a knee or ankle? If it's just a broken leg, I think he'll be able to return much more easily.
Zero2Cool  
#68 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:46:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Was it a knee or ankle? If it's just a broken leg, I think he'll be able to return much more easily.

Looked like high ankle.
nerdmann  
#69 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:46:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
It's a string that has no definition.

This loss was my fault. I jinxed us.
porky88  
#70 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:46:44 PM(UTC)

No shit Sherlock. That's a joke by the way.

I'm sorry, but everybody watching can tell that he broke something. You don't bend your ankle/leg that way, get carted off, and return to action anytime soon. Just sayin'
nerdmann  
#71 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:49:27 PM(UTC)
porky88 said: Go to Quoted Post

I'm sorry, but everybody watching can tell that he broke something. You don't bend your ankle/leg that way, get carted off, and return to action anytime soon. Just sayin'

What sucks so bad is he's a dude who really needed the offseason work.
Zero2Cool  
#72 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:49:55 PM(UTC)
porky88 said: Go to Quoted Post

lol exactly what I thought.

PackersHome reports the Packers won't go undefeated this season!!

:P
Nonstopdrivel  
#73 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:51:49 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland said: Go to Quoted Post
But Finley had the most recieving yards from our team! He's obviously elite!

Finley hauled in 3 of 10 targets today. Yards notwithstanding, his performance was pathetic.
porky88  
#74 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:52:05 PM(UTC)
lol exactly what I thought.

PackersHome reports the Packers won't go undefeated this season!!

:P

ESPN just confirmed it. [horse]
musccy  
#75 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:57:41 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Finley hauled in 3 of 10 targets today. Yards notwithstanding, his performance was pathetic.

Contract year, #1 wr goes down so he's a focal point, and this is how he plays? His agent will be kicking himself after not only this game, but his sudden, and uncharacteristic case of the dropsies over the last few games.
dhazer  
#76 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:57:59 PM(UTC)
I figured today would be tough, it was a perfect trap game. On the road versus a team that just fired their hc and a backup qb. Also we have the Bears next week so I think we let the hype get to our head and wegot the smile smacked off our face today. Hopefully this will get them back to reality.
bboystyle  
#77 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:00:32 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers said: Go to Quoted Post
Frankly, if you think I'm the person you have to respond to by using "dick head" then I suggest you consider being the bigger man and not bother responding at all, instead of risking this degenerate into a name-calling discussion.

Again, depth is not the reason we are struggling. Our depth is good enough to perform for us to win (as evidenced by, really, any of the wins since Clifton went down). Depth has nothing to do with Rodgers overthrowing passes (Driver and Jordy on the sidelines, or trying to escape straight into a sack / fumble. Depth has nothing to do with Driver dropping a pass he had in his lap, or with Finley struggling to make catches he would make in his sleep. Depth still has noting to do with the fact the one aspect of this game we have had some success at (running the ball) not being stuck with by McCarthy.

We are killing ourselves on offense because of tremendously poor execution. You may have seen this coming - I'm not arguing against that - but I'm taking issue with you saying just because the result you expected is happening, it is happening because of the reasons you expected it to.

That, sir, is a fallacy.

i was right dick head...our O was wayyyy off
RainX  
#78 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:03:49 PM(UTC)
Well, it is what is. We lost to an inferior opponent when the offense wasn't executing and the defense couldn't get a turnover. Honestly, it could have been much worse had the Chiefs actually scored more than one TD in the red zone. Definitely came in sleep walking and it showed.

The good news though. Obviously, the offensive line is banged up. I think today erased any doubts that when Clifton is back healthy, he needs to be the starter. With Sherrod out for the season, Newhouse is going to be the primary backup at tackle now. The offensive line shuffling is what got the offensive line in trouble in 2009 and it again did today.

You put a healthy starting five out there and get Starks and Saine back, I don't think they struggle quite as much protecting Aaron and that was a big problem today.

If a loss was going to come, it's best to happen against an AFC opponent because we lost no ground to SF and NO when it comes to tie breakers. Going on that streak help put us into a much easier position going into the playoffs. The defense will benefit from having a loud home environment, because lets face it, they will need as much help as they can including the noise and elements.

It's a bump on the road, but this will be our last road game until the Super Bowl. We weren't the only "good" team who lost today. The Giants and Texans both lost and even the lowly Colts won a game today. The pressure of '72 Patriots and '07 Dolphins is now off this team. Obviously McCarthy needs to lite a fire under this teams in ass in practice this week because they can't become complacent. Better to get that loss out of the way not instead of they playoffs. Any fan hitting the panic button after this needs to calm down. There's still a lot of football to play and one loss isn't going to derail a lot of the good this team has accomplished this season.
Stevetarded  
#79 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:04:19 PM(UTC)
Looked like high ankle.

With the way Hali hit it and that brace they had it looked to me like he broke his tibia or something.
Dexter_Sinister  
#80 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded said: Go to Quoted Post
With the way Hali hit it and that brace they had it looked to me like he broke his tibia or something.

It looked like he broke both bones in the lower leg to me. Just below the calf.

I hope that is all it was and he had no ligament damage. I would be willing to bet he needs surgery to stabilize the bones.
Rss Feed