Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#31 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 11:35:41 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 81

As for Bush, I wonder if the Packers think they've invested too much time in him to give up on him now.

That's pretty much the only reason I think Bush and Peprah are on this team. Heck Peprah has flunked the "availability" portion of coach McCarthy's "accountability and availability" mantra.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 11:47:24 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Better quality players don't always have to cost more money. Hmmmm.

simply put, that line of thinking is Un-American!

No Sir it is Un-Union not Un- American. ::razz:
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:08:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,913
Applause Received: 2,118

As for Bush, I wonder if the Packers think they've invested too much time in him to give up on him now.

That's pretty much the only reason I think Bush and Peprah are on this team. Heck Peprah has flunked the "availability" portion of coach McCarthy's "accountability and availability" mantra.

I'm not sure I follow ya here. They picked Jarret Bush off the Panthers cut heap or practice squad... I think?

I think we drafted a dude, Cory Rodgers, in the 5th and we cut him before he played a down in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:18:02 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 81

I'm not sure I follow ya here. They picked Jarret Bush off the Panthers cut heap or practice squad... I think?

Yeah, off the Panthers cut heap.

What I mean is that I think with all the time the coaches have invested in Bush, teaching him things like jamming the receiver at the line, other fundamentals, the coaches/Ted might be a little hesitant to give up on Bush who is entering his third year.

Same thing goes with Peprah. Both Bush and Peprah were raw when they came in, and after the coaches have spent so much time trying to polish these guys, they don't want to risk having someone else bear the fruits of their labour.

Basically they don't want to cut these guys before they are sure they can't contribute significantly. Or perhaps the better word would be that the Packer personnel people are 'hesitant' to release players that they think can still grow/develop more.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:19:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,913
Applause Received: 2,118

Yeah, off the Panthers cut heap.

What I mean is that I think with all the time the coaches have invested in Bush, teaching him things like jamming the receiver at the line, other fundamentals, the coaches/Ted might be a little hesitant to give up on Bush who is entering his third year.

Same thing goes with Peprah. Both Bush and Peprah were raw when they came in, and after the coaches have spent so much time trying to polish these guys, they don't want to risk having someone else bear the fruits of their labour.

Basically they don't want to cut these guys before they are sure they can't contribute significantly. Or perhaps the better word would be that the Packer personnel people are 'hesitant' to release players that they can't be sure won't grow/develop any more.

Ahh okay. I disagree with that theory. :) Nothing more to add. It's bed time for me lol
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:17:56 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Bush, Peprah and Tracey White were kept for special teams purposes. Yeah they can do other things but they make up core players of the Packers special teams which was really good last year so I think that went into the thinking.

That has to be the main reason why Herron and Hodge as well aren't Packers any longer.

I'm more intrested in why Breno made the roster and not the practice squad.

Porky - Ah, didn't think of that.
Good reasoning. I remember in '07, we were taking our STs more seriously and that was a good thing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers