Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
16 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#166 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:21:19 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Points win games. And doesn't Jerry Jones have 3 SB rings? Yes, he may be in league with Satan, but he's got more SB rings than our current crew. (Hope that changes soon as we all know how I feel about the Cows).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#167 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:32:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,888
Applause Received: 2,086

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Points win games. And doesn't Jerry Jones have 3 SB rings? Yes, he may be in league with Satan, but he's got more SB rings than our current crew. (Hope that changes soon as we all know how I feel about the Cows).

Wait a tickity-tick! You telling me points win games and not yards? (I keed I keed!)

Comparing Jerry Jones to our 'crew' is a little foolish in my view. He's an owner and the Packers do not have one. Your point stands however that since Jerry Jones has owned the Dallas Cowboys, he has more Super Bowl wins than the Packers over the same period. UNTIL 2015 when the Packers will have MORE. KaPawie! You heard me!

$2.5 million for a 4th string WR is too much.

I wanted a little perspective so I looked up the contract numbers.
Greg Jennings - $3.885 million
Jordy Nelson - $1 million (+ $1.5 million roster bonus)
Randall Cobb - $520,883
James Jones - $2.3 million (+ $200,000 roster bonus)
Donald Driver - $2.0 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus)

That's roughly $12 million for 5 WR. I guess that's fair enough.
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#168 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:52:34 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 466

Well, I personally don't feel like he's worth as much as Nelson or 2.5 million period. However, perhaps its encouraging to other players to see the Packer's still taking care of an older player. Morale and financial security matters. Overall, that seems like a super low total cost for such a nice WR core.

Am I correct that Finley makes a good bit more than any one of our WR's next season?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#169 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 11:14:52 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

rotoworld wrote:
2/22/2012: Signed a two-year, $14 million contract. The deal included a $1 million signing bonus. Another $1 million is available through incentives. Finley is eligible for $300,000 offseason workout bonuses in each season.
2012: $950,000 (+ $3.5 million roster bonus),
2013: $4.45 million (+ $3.5 million roster bonus due in March),
2014: Free Agent
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#170 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 12:53:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,337

If our #4 WR gets 6 TD receptions again, he's worth $2.5 million.

It's fricken larceny to pay Driver $2.5 Million at this stage in his career. I hope everyone is happy. My wish is for him to be beat out in training camp so we only waste $500K on a guy that drops a lot of passes and can't outrun any Dbacks anymore. The saddest thing in sports is when aging veterans don't know when to call it a day.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#171 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 1:02:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
It's fricken larceny to pay Driver $2.5 Million at this stage in his career. I hope everyone is happy. My wish is for him to be beat out in training camp so we only waste $500K on a guy that drops a lot of passes and can't outrun any Dbacks anymore. The saddest thing in sports is when aging veterans don't know when to call it a day.

You wouldn't happen to have the number of drops from the Packers WR group from last season, would you? I think someone posted it awhile back???
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#172 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 4:47:18 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

When you need a TD under 10 yards, Driver may still be the best guy on the team for that. Don't argue that with me though. Argue it with Aaron Rodgers. The stats show that that's what Aaron Rodgers thinks. Under 10 yards, he goes to Driver, because Driver catches the dang ball when it matters.

And don't tell me that that's not that important. 7 points > 3 points. I hate settling for field goals when we're in the red zone.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#173 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 5:03:45 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,337

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You wouldn't happen to have the number of drops from the Packers WR group from last season, would you? I think someone posted it awhile back???

Yeah, I posted earlier in this thread, but I'm way too lazy to go back, so be my guest.
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#174 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 8:58:56 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

When you need a TD under 10 yards, Driver may still be the best guy on the team for that. Don't argue that with me though. Argue it with Aaron Rodgers. The stats show that that's what Aaron Rodgers thinks. Under 10 yards, he goes to Driver, because Driver catches the dang ball when it matters.

And don't tell me that that's not that important. 7 points > 3 points. I hate settling for field goals when we're in the red zone.

Do the stats from last season actually support this? I'm not saying they don't, but off hand it doesn't really seem that way to me.
Offline nerdmann  
#175 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 9:35:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,479
Applause Received: 620

DD goes over the middle. Dude is a warrior in that regard.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Stevetarded  
#176 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2012 7:10:37 AM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Do the stats from last season actually support this? I'm not saying they don't, but off hand it doesn't really seem that way to me.

DD was tied for 3rd on the team in catches inside the opponents 10 yardline (4th if you count Kuhn). He was behind Jordy and Finley and tied with Jennings with 4 catches, Jones had 2.
blank
Offline DoddPower  
#177 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2012 9:51:25 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded Go to Quoted Post
DD was tied for 3rd on the team in catches inside the opponents 10 yardline (4th if you count Kuhn). He was behind Jordy and Finley and tied with Jennings with 4 catches, Jones had 2.

Yeah, that's about what I was thinking. Definitely not too impressive, but not bad either I guess. Who could blame Rodger's for targeting the huge Finley or Nelson more, especially Nelson since Finley had the dropsies last season.
Offline zombieslayer  
#178 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 12:23:49 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded Go to Quoted Post

OK. I worded it poorly. I meant TD passes under 10 yards.

Driver had 4 TDs under 10 yards. Finley had 5. Kuhn had 2. Gregorious had 3. Jordy had 4. Jones had 2. And Taylor had 1. So Finley was the only guy on the team that caught more TDs than Driver within 10 yards. That makes sense. He's the TE. That's usually who QBs target for short TD passes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#179 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:49:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

According to Scout.com

Packers will pay Donald Driver $2.3 million this season.

2012 $1.1 million salary that's not guaranteed and also a roster bonus of $1.2 million.

So basically, the Packers could cut Driver at anytime and suffer no financial penalty.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#180 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:27:46 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

except in the Packers playoff game last year DD out performed all the other WR on the team.

My wish for him is he plays in the slot, catches 45 passes for about 700 yrds and provides leadership to a young talented wr core while showing how an unselfish player can succeed in the NFL!

So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Rss Feed