Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
12 Pages«<

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
68md  
#281 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2012 5:51:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Unless James Jones is traded or it appears Greg Jennings can't be resigned, I don't see how Donald Driver makes the roster in 2013.

Perhaps the Packers will take advantage of the NEW NFL rules re IR and Trade deadline, as agreed to by NFL owners in May, 2012.

The owners also voted to move the trading deadline from after Week 6 to after Week 8, and to allow one "marquee" player placed on injured reserve to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut.

A lot of factors involved including camp injuries.
buckeyepackfan  
#282 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:02:27 PM(UTC)
:-k hmmmmmmm:-k

Packers | Jordy Nelson having strong camp

Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:01:07 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson has arguably been the team's best player in training camp so far. Nelson has reportedly been a dominating force.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Bob McGinn

Packers | Diondre Borel, Shaky Smithson not standing out

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:36:20 -0700

Green Bay Packers WRs Diondre Borel and Shaky Smithson are vying for a roster spot in training camp at a deep position. Borel has had his moments, and is a player QB Aaron Rodgers seems to like. Smith hasn't done anything to turn heads. "You can only focus day by day," Borel said. "My goal has always been to develop and see what happens here."

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel

Packers | Tori Gurley working back from injury

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:52 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Tori Gurley (groin) missed most of last week's workouts due to a groin injury.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Rob Reischel

Packers | Donald Driver holding off youngsters

Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:35:02 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver has been having a strong camp, and he still appears capable of helping the team's high-powered offense. He has plenty of confidence, too. "I think a lot of people are surprised how I've played at 37 years old," Driver said. "But if you haven't lost it, you haven't lost it. And I haven't lost anything." Driver checked in at 194 pounds with body fat under four percent.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz22zFAsgOT
dhpackr  
#283 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:40:06 AM(UTC)
I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.
cheeseheads123  
#284 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:45:07 AM(UTC)
Under 4 percent body fat =d> =d> =d>
Zero2Cool  
#285 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:00:49 AM(UTC)
dhpackr said: Go to Quoted Post
I agree that this will indeed be DD's last season as a Packer. I feel he could still put up 50 catches 5 td and 700 yrds, if he is given the opportunity. The problem is he has so many guys that can make big plays to compete against how many opportunities he will get.

he played better than any receiver on the packers in the last playoff game last season. Many will reply that he was being covered by a nickle back, and was not being covered by an elite db. i don't see what the issue is? DD can stretch the field and if he is on the field with Jordy, GJ, J-Finn, he really should be able to get open and make some great plays. Once you throw in Cobb, you have five guys who can make plays, its just who is open.

I thought DD agreed this was his last year as a Packer.

I don't know about DD, but Donald Driver has said a few times he's playing this season and next season. I only see that happening if Greg Jennings leaves AND one of the youngsters makes the roster.
dhpackr  
#286 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:14:23 AM(UTC)
IMO, i think if Packers win the Super Bowl, DD would retire as a Packer and go out on top.

GJ, is a Ted Thompson draft pick. So I think he'll be a Packer as long as he produces.

not sure why you made the DD comment, but if you want, you could let a good developer like myself log into your CMS and make so every time someone writes DD, GJ, A-Rod or TT, Mike McCarthy it will spell out that persons name. Tongue
Zero2Cool  
#287 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:24:28 AM(UTC)
IMO, i think if Packers win the Super Bowl, DD would retire as a Packer and go out on top.

GJ, is a Ted Thompson draft pick. So I think he'll be a Packer as long as he produces.

not sure why you made the DD comment, but if you want, you could let a good developer like myself log into your CMS and make so every time someone writes DD, GJ, A-Rod or TT, Mike McCarthy it will spell out that persons name. Tongue

If you read the updates, you'd know we're no longer using a CMS. :)

I've tried the word replace, and it doesn't work for Donald Driver too well.
zombieslayer  
#288 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:48:00 AM(UTC)

I like the heads better. We need a DD head. So far, we only have Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy Ted Thompson
buckeyepackfan  
#289 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 11:39:03 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
I like the heads better. We need a DD head. So far, we only have Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy Ted Thompson

Can we have a DANCING DD head?????

\:d/
wpr  
#290 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:04:43 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#291 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:45:15 PM(UTC)
While we're at it, can we get a Gregorious head and a Charles Woodson head?

(Probably a good idea to get a Jordy Nelson head too because I have a strong feeling that Jordy will get 10+ TDs this year again).
buckeyepackfan  
#292 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 4:39:00 AM(UTC)
YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH HEAD!!!!!! Blushing
dfosterf  
#293 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
Did you see James Jones drop that fucking pass? GOD, HE PISSES ME OFF.

I love James Jones. The sonofabitch gets open a LOT. He out-physicals the defender a LOT. He is MONEY, yac.

Catch the fucking football, James!

I still like the bastard, don't ask me why, I got no good answer, exactly.

DD stays, btw.
zombieslayer  
#294 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:23:39 PM(UTC)
dfosterf said: Go to Quoted Post
Did you see James Jones drop that fucking pass? GOD, HE PISSES ME OFF.

I love James Jones. The sonofabitch gets open a LOT. He out-physicals the defender a LOT. He is MONEY, yac.

Catch the fucking football, James!

I still like the bastard, don't ask me why, I got no good answer, exactly.

DD stays, btw.

You like him because he reminds you of Sterling Sharpe. James Jones is tough as hell and surprisingly fast. He's a good deep receiver.

Him and Finley though have a pretty bad disease called Dropsies. It seemed to be contagious because against the Giants in the Playoffs, it seems like our entire receiving staff had it.

Except for Driver. Yes, Driver plays in 2012 for the Packers.
Zero2Cool  
#295 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:48:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
You like him because he reminds you of Sterling Sharpe. James Jones is tough as hell and surprisingly fast. He's a good deep receiver.

Him and Finley though have a pretty bad disease called Dropsies. It seemed to be contagious because against the Giants in the Playoffs, it seems like our entire receiving staff had it.

Except for Driver. Yes, Driver plays in 2012 for the Packers.

Really? Jermichael Finley has had one season of dropped passes. Why must one season count as a career?

We've seen James Jones drop the easy passes for more than one season, but not Jermichael Finley.

Finley won't have as many drops this season as he did previously. You can bet money on it.
Zero2Cool  
#296 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:14:11 AM(UTC)
PackersNews.com thinks the Packers learned from their mistake of keeping Donald Driver one year too long - link.
wpr  
#297 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:34:46 AM(UTC)
PackersNews.com thinks the Packers learned from their mistake of keeping Donald Driver one year too long - link.

I disagree with the angle Mike Vandermause is taking. Donald was at best #5 on the depth chart and often #6. That WR, #6, doesn't see the field on game day. #5 is suited up but doesn't play all that often other than on ST. He wasn't taking snaps from any one. He wasn't retarding the development of any young receivers. More than likely what he did was serve as a conduit for the younger receivers like Boykin, Cobb and Ross. Coaches cant do it all. Teams need veterans like DD on the roster to help with the learning curve. Often times they relate better with a younger player than a coach does. In the case of GB, a coach who never played WR. I think THAT was the reason GB kept Donald and not some fear of fan backlash.
buckeyepackfan  
#298 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:47:12 AM(UTC)

Another ted Thompson screw up!!!!

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!
longtimefan  
#299 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 10:46:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
this guy again holding out on us

Didnt hold out anything..I gave tid bits..

Matthews at end of season was really going to be a contract issue..But the Packers really surprised my source in how they responded to how he was acting
Rss Feed