Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:14:33 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 268
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Crazy?? Look at the depth and talent of this team.......that is what 43 picks in 4 years delivers!

Yeah, we're having to let go guys that would have started in '05. The forty five we suit up Monday Night are so much better, as a whole, than three years ago it's INSANE.

I also give Ted Thompson credit for having the ability to let go of guys at the right time. He put Green, Hondo, Wahle, Rivera, Flanny, and others, on the road at a point where the cost of keeping them would no way have been worth what they produced from there on out.

Can you imagine if we were counting on A. Green to carry our running game. It makes me shutter. I mean good luck Houston and all, but geez, that's just not going to work.

Even the J. Walker deal turned out after ALL the CRAP Ted Thompson TOOK about that deal. The kind of money he wanted at that time (when cap money was really tight also by the way) and all the injuries he's had since then?

You can get nit picky about a guy let go here or there that had maybe one good year since but overall Ted Thompson has been very efficient in this area.
Offline TengoJuego  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:41:03 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States
Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1
I just called it as I saw it (literally!)

Mine has pictures :P

LMAO...I like that picture of Gregorious.
Offline Packnic  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:55:35 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6
The NFL is a young man's game, and right now NO ONE is doing it better.
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:07:58 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Yeah, we're having to let go guys that would have started in '05. The forty five we suit up Monday Night are so much better, as a whole, than three years ago it's INSANE.

I also giveTed Thompsoncredit for having the ability to let go of guys at the right time. He put Green, Hondo, Wahle, Rivera, Flanny, and others, on the road at a point where the cost of keeping them would no way have been worth what they produced from there on out.

Can you imagine if we were counting on A. Green to carry our running game. It makes me shutter. I mean good luck Houston and all, but geez, that's just not going to work.

Even the J. Walker deal turned out after ALL the CRAPTed ThompsonTOOK about that deal. The kind of money he wanted at that time (when cap money was really tight also by the way) and all the injuries he's had since then?

You can get nit picky about a guy let go here or there that had maybe one good year since but overallTed Thompsonhas been very efficient in this area.

Warhawk - As much as you and I disagreed about the whole Favre situation, I'm in complete agreement with you here. I love Ahman Green, but knew in '06 he was already a shell of what he used to be.

I was bummed when the Walker deal didn't work out, but within a year realized Ted Thompson made the right decision.

To tell you the truth, I didn't know that much about salary cap until I started reading that other website, and realized Ted Thompson was right about that. He's done a fine job with the salary cap.

It's a good thing to be young. We have a long future this way, and we should be good for years to come.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (8h): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (10h): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (10h): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (10h): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (11h): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (11h): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (14h): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
IronMan (25-Apr): So the Hawks call a TO with 15 seconds left, the coach scribbles some play down on the board. They inbound it to Teague and he holds the bal
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Scores for every season matchup dating back to 2012 ... done!
wpr (23-Apr): Smokey I posted something a day or so ago that it is 10 + mil
Smokey (23-Apr): How much CAP money is left in the Packers acct. ?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr): ;-) until tomorrow folks
Zero2Cool (21-Apr): Always surprised how deep his non-singing voice was and also how high pitched he sang.
Pack93z (21-Apr): Purple Rain is one of my favorite album's all time... played the crap out of it as a youth.
Pack93z (21-Apr): Wow... The Prince new... just wow... different cat, great artist
Zero2Cool (21-Apr): Yes, if signed before May 12, Panthers would get comp
TheKanataThrilla (21-Apr): Never heard of him either. Had a good year, but the Panthers get a lot of pressure on the QB to his benefit.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM