Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Play gets an Applause point for the straight raw numbers. I love it when people post numbers we can examine.

That said, Driver will have retired. Woodson's salary might get adjusted, unless he has a monster year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 7:06:11 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

I.ve asked this question before, and never seem to get an answer.

Can anyone tell mewhy Ted Thompson cut A.J. Hawk and turned right around and resigned him to his current contract?

According to almost everyone here Hawk has underachieved and is overpaid.

I just want someone to tell me why Ted did wht he did.

He could have jettisoned A.J. Hawk already, I guess the Packer organization has a different view of A.J. Hawk then the fan-base here on Packershome does.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 7:50:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I.ve asked this question before, and never seem to get an answer.

Can anyone tell mewhy Ted Thompson cut A.J. Hawk and turned right around and resigned him to his current contract?

According to almost everyone here Hawk has underachieved and is overpaid.

I just want someone to tell me why Ted did wht he did.

He could have jettisoned A.J. Hawk already, I guess the Packer organization has a different view of A.J. Hawk then the fan-base here on Packershome does.

First of all, it's PackersHome.
Second of all, Ted Thompson is human.

I think A.J. Hawk is exactly what everyone said he was prior to the draft. A player who has a low ceiling, but is a steady player. I think quite a few fans are hell bent on him being a 5th overall pick and expect him to be Demarcaus Ware and anything short of that is BUST. Hawk's been a solid LB, but as his coach has said ... needs to ramp up his game and play on instincts, not think an react.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:24:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I think Packers would be better off trying to trade Hawk if anything.

If I am correct, Packers cut Hawk next year and the 4.8 mil signing bonus money(1.6 mill 2013-14-15) will have to go against the cap in 2013 anyway.

Might as well keep him on, Packers are not going to benefit that much from cutting him.

I think you are gonna see these guys re-work their contracts to free up the money needed to sign the players who are going to be FA's next year.

Packers don't sign Greg Jennings to an extension during this year then pretty good odds he will be gone next year.

Somebody will pay him top dollar and The Packers just will not be able to afford him.

J. Finley needs to prove he can stay healthy and have a big year before he can demand top dollar. IMHO this is a wait and see issue.

I dunno, I don't think A.J. Hawk is going to be cut. If Desmond Bishop and D.J. Smith didn't go down with severe injuries, and Brad Jones was adequate, then maybe. That's not the case though.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed