Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#31 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 9:44:24 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
never ever ever. Even if I have Alzheimers I will remember THAT game. Just like I remember the Don Denkinger screw up in 85.

What about the wild playoff game where neither team could stop the other, a misfire on a TD pass in OT, followed by "It's not a facemask as long as you hit him hard enough to jar the ball loose" horseshit?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 9:50:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I think the NFL released an apology regarding the '09 Wild Card Playoff game. I'm not 100% positive.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#33 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:04:45 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think the NFL released an apology regarding the '09 Wild Card Playoff game. I'm not 100% positive.

My recollection was that they stated that the call was correct, because a facemask penalty cannot be committed while the ball is loose, even though the impact caused the fumble in the first place.

Either way, the only reason that game was more traumatic to me was because it was so up and down the entire game and it was a playoff game. Here, the Packers still have tons of football to play and I do believe they turn this around and make the Saints wish the commish would have just suspended everyone.
UserPostedImage
Offline ohiopackerfan  
#34 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 10:27:21 PM(UTC)
ohiopackerfan

I'm calling in to work so I can watch this game!!!Weeeee!!
blank
Offline wpr  
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 5:59:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
What about the wild playoff game where neither team could stop the other, a misfire on a TD pass in OT, followed by "It's not a facemask as long as you hit him hard enough to jar the ball loose" horseshit?

yeah I remember that one too. for some reason I wasn't quiet as upset by the call over the long haul. I suppose I figure if the refs threw the flag they would have moved AZ back 165 from the spot they recovered the ball.
UserPostedImage
Online Packfan87  
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:10:15 AM(UTC)
Packfan87

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

I'm really excited about this game. I think it will tell us a lot about the Packers as a team. The Saints offense will provide a good test for our defense, and the Saints D will give our offense a chance to break out to their full potential. If we can hold them to 21 points or under think we win this game, and I'll be convinced that our D is the real deal.

Saints -21
Packers - 31
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/29/2012(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:38:25 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 127

I hope last week's game has a positive effect on the Packers(inspirational dissatisfaction), not the other way around. NO, in spite of all the trials and tribulations and their record, is still a dangerous team. I want most to see the D keep improving and the Oline get their heads out of their bungholes.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline ntharp06  
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:14:20 PM(UTC)
ntharp06

United States

The idea that Brees and the Saints will go 0-4 to start the year is really hard for me to handle. It's also hard to think that the Packers will lose given what has taken place since last Monday. However, being that the game is at Lambeau, I am hoping we can pull this off. As long as the defense plays as well as they have been with the rush and seeing continued improvement from Woodson at safety, the odds are in our favor. Just get the offensive line on the same field as the rest of the team and things look good.
Online subin  
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:24:41 PM(UTC)
subin

Applause Received: 3

So how many posts do I need to get in the gameday chat? Does this count as a post?!
blank
Offline Blitz  
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:28:55 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

I have to believe this snafu happened for a reason. Also hoping something is learned from it.

1st) Pull far ahead early & stay there.

2nd) Have more than enough wins to confirm Playoff bye & homefield advantage.

3rd) Any future potential game winning Hail Mary passes are to now be knocked out of the end zone.
blank
Offline Wade  
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:54:37 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

3rd and 17...capers rushes 3....shit shit shit!
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DakotaT  
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:58:22 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,407

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
3rd and 17...capers rushes 3....shit shit shit!

Yeah, I've had enough of Capers. Guru my ass. Fucking playing an accurate QB like this and you don't bring any heat? To make things worse, we have a bunch of young guys in the secondary just cutting their teeth.

UserPostedImage
Offline istanbulpacker  
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:11:51 PM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Yeah, Dakota.

It seems to go both ways. D plays like shit....Capers is the goat. Next week the D plays well and he is all of a sudden brilliant again. I don't doubt his ability but call it old-age....I think he is starting to lose it. I still miss Fritz Shurmur.
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:16:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,407

Originally Posted by: istanbulpacker Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, Dakota.

It seems to go both ways. D plays like shit....Capers is the goat. Next week the D plays well and he is all of a sudden brilliant again. I don't doubt his ability but call it old-age....I think he is starting to lose it. I still miss Fritz Shurmur.

I wouldn't be one to call Capers brilliant until he shuts down a prolific offense. We have a young defense that needs to gel. I just don't believe in rushing only three, ever - especially against a QB as good as Brees.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:56:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,788
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't be one to call Capers brilliant until he shuts down a prolific offense. We have a young defense that needs to gel. I just don't believe in rushing only three, ever - especially against a QB as good as Brees.

We went up against a very good offense today.

This offense got a huge break from the replay claiming that replay was a complete pass, which kept their scoring drive alive.

They also got handed that ugly fumble by Harrell.

Other than that, they looked pretty decent, against that very good offense.

There was that bizarre "miscommunication" where Shields let Colston get deep and seemingly quite a few plays wide open over the middle. But they played well enough to win comfortably.

The problem once again, was on the OFFENSE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed