Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:01:16 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Want to Chat Packers? Click GameDay Chat!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 2 - 2 )
  • Total Offense = 20th
  • Passing Offense = 15th
  • Rushing Offense = 25th

• Total Defense = 9th
  • Passing Defense = 6th
  • Rushing Defense = 18th

• Points For = 21.2 (20th)
  • Points Against = 20.2 (9th)

UserPostedImage
Indianapolis Colts ( 1 - 2 )
  • Total Offense = 17th
  • Passing Offense = 12th
  • Rushing Offense = 21st

• Total Defense = 18th
  • Passing Defense = 15th
  • Rushing Defense = 23rd

• Points For = 20.3 (22nd)
  • Points Against = 27.7 (24th)

Message modified by user Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:12:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:56:07 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 313

Yeah Week 4 isn't over yet, but week 3 ended horribly for the Packers and week 4 almost did as well... so moving on to Week 5.

DE Mike Neal's suspension should be up this week. Anybody want to a take a guess on who's cut or placed on IR?

In week 5 the Colts face the Packers, they're the only team to beat the Vikings (so far) who some how happen to be leading the NFC North (at the moment).

If Dwight Freeney is back and healthy, the OTs might have their hands full. And they have the former Ravens defensive coach and former Steelers offensive coach (as well as traded for the Dolphins best CB), and they have something the Packers haven't had much of (as of yet) they have Luck (QB Andrew Luck)

Also how are people liking the defensive switch Capers had made? ... personally I kind of miss the man to man CB coverage... and now they play a ton of zone, and seem to be open in the middle on most 3rd downs.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:59:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Should be nice to get Neal back, if for no other purpose than depth.

So, who we gonna cut to make room for him? I'd say Merling, but I'm thinking maybe they'll IR Jennings or Starks under that rule where you can bring the dude back later in the season.

I think Neal still can be very good, but it might take him a bit to get back into the swing of things.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:00:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Yeah Week 4 isn't over yet, but week 3 ended horribly for the Packers and week 4 almost did as well... so moving on to Week 5.

DE Mike Neal's suspension should be up this week. Anybody want to a take a guess on who's cut or placed on IR?

In week 5 the Colts face the Packers, they're the only team to beat the Vikings (so far) who some how happen to be leading the NFC North (at the moment).

If Dwight Freeney is back and healthy, the OTs might have their hands full. And they have the former Ravens defensive coach and former Steelers offensive coach (as well as traded for the Dolphins best CB), and they have something the Packers haven't had much of (as of yet) they have Luck (QB Andrew Luck)

Also how are people liking the defensive switch Capers had made? ... personally I kind of miss the man to man CB coverage... and now they play a ton of zone, and seem to be open in the middle on most 3rd downs.

Ha ha, I just created another thread on Neal. Here's what I said:

Quote:

So, who we gonna cut to make room for him? I'd say Merling, but I'm thinking maybe they'll IR Jennings or Starks under that rule where you can bring the dude back later in the season.

I think Neal still can be very good, but it might take him a bit to get back into the swing of things.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline earthquake  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:09:55 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 61

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

I'm not sure but that IR rule may only apply to the start of the season?
blank
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:24:53 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Starts was a full participant in practice this week they won't be IR'ing him. Unless Jennings badly re-injured himself today I cant imagine him being put on it either.
call me Dan
Offline gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:30:28 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post

Hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Our zone leaves huge holes all over the field and it is fucking terrible. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate watching film of our zone defense.
call me Dan
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:31:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Our zone leaves huge holes all over the field and it is fucking terrible. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate watching film of our zone defense.

If we grab at least ONE of those INTs, our D looks a whole lot better.
Offline gbguy20  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:33:39 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If we grab at least ONE of those INTs, our D looks a whole lot better.

Interceptions or not, watching Brees & Smith complete pass after pass after pass after pass to receivers running underneath our zone and in the damn holes is the most infuriating thing. Were you not pulling your hair out every time it was 2nd and 18 and Brees got 14 of those yards back with ease?
call me Dan
Offline beast  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:43:23 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: earthquake Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure but that IR rule may only apply to the start of the season?

Nope it's not. They can use it at anytime. My problem with the rule is you have to name the player when you put them on the IR list... when you put them on the list you don't always know who'll be healthy and ready to go in 8 weeks and who won't be... so it's like a guess. I'd rather have it as you can bring one player back who's sat out the amount of time on the IR list.

Also I'm thinking if Neal is back they'll cut a LB. They got 10 LBers which they're keeping for STs... wonder if they could go with 9 without dropping much on STs.

Sounds like both Jennings have gotten hurt, they're not gonna IR WR Jennings, but not sure how back Dr. Jennings (M.D. Jennings) is doing...

Also Starks was listed as "probable" I think we'll see him playing in the next 3 weeks. I haven't heard much of Rb Saine.

Message modified by user Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:03:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline beast  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:46:59 PM(UTC)
beast

Interceptions or not, watching Brees & Smith complete pass after pass after pass after pass to receivers running underneath our zone and in the damn holes is the most infuriating thing. Were you not pulling your hair out every time it was 2nd and 18 and Brees got 14 of those yards back with ease?

Seemed like every 3rd mid level pass in the middle in front of the Safeties.

We're playing Cover 2 now... like the rest of the NFC North? ... (well Bears play Tampa 2, which is mostly the same other than the one of the LBers (Urlacher) covers the deep middle.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:53:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Yeah, but mainly because the game was so close, and shouldn't have been.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 6:56:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano diagnosed with leukemia
UserPostedImage
Offline coltonja  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 7:36:46 AM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 32

I will be there! I'm from Indiana, so I hear about the Colts nonstop. Most fans are optimistic but also realistic about the capabilities of this team. Their D is still not close to top tier, and it will be interesting to see what Dom does against their WR core. I know we're all clamoring for man-to-man. I'm thinking a big game for Matthews and some picks...Can't wait!!
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 8:37:17 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

We NEED a game where both the O and the D come together and are solid through at least most of the game. We need to blow out a team. I'm hoping it's this game. Not saying it will happen, but hoping it will be this game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed