Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:44:34 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 948
Applause Received: 1,931
We are not a focused football team. We commit stupid penalties, do not execute, and get out hustled by inferior competition. Give the Colts their due - they took the game from us.

And McCarthy needs to pull his head out of his ass and call a better game. 21-3 and doesn't even try running the ball the whole second half. I don't care if Benson was knocked out.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:50:35 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,375
Applause Received: 1,250
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
We are not a focused football team. We commit stupid penalties, do not execute, and get out hustled by inferior competition. Give the Colts their due - they took the game from us.

And McCarthy needs to pull his head out of his ass and call a better game. 21-3 and doesn't even try running the ball the whole second half. I don't care if Benson was knocked out.

Mike McCarthy needs to hire a shrink to consult on actually having this team ready to play a full 60 once in awhile.

Same old same old.
Offline porky88  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:13:59 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 506
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
MM needs to hire a shrink to consult on actually having this team ready to play a full 60 once in awhile.

Same old same old.

Perhaps McCarthy needs to hire someone to get him ready to coach.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Rios39  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:16:51 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30
The thing is whenever we tried to run Green would make a dumb cut and it'd be 2nd and 12 and we'd end up throwing. A few drives started out with runs that put us behind the 8 ball and then the game started to get close to where we had to throw because our runs were not going positive yardage post benson injury.

If we aren't going to run the ball we need to be shortening these routes up. I don't mind running a few deep routes but at least put some check down receivers out there.
Offline StoicFire  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:33:44 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 60
I'm not a fan of all the McCarthy bashing no matter how bad this last loss was. He is an intelligent, prepared, accountable coach with one Super Bowl win so far.

A coach can only do so much though... at some point the players must execute as directed.
Offline blueleopard  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:58:38 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 145
So was Jon Gruden. You don't see him on the field anymore.
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:01:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
StoicFire said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm not a fan of all the McCarthy bashing no matter how bad this last loss was. He is an intelligent, prepared, accountable coach with one Super Bowl win so far.

A coach can only do so much though... at some point the players must execute as directed.

I'd actually rank Mike McCarthy as one of the top 5 play-callers in the NFL.
Offline macbob  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:06:51 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2016PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 363
Applause Received: 309
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
I'd actually rank Mike McCarthy as one of the top 5 play-callers in the NFL.

I'd agree for the most part, zombie. The exception being when he switches to his Madden video game offense, which unfortunately he's done more than once this year.

The latest being when we were up 18 at half and you'd kinda expect more runs to eat some time off the clock instead of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass--which is how we started the 2nd half.

I put most of that on MM--the formations we came out in were shotguns. Wasn't Aaron Rodgers audibling out of a run to a pass unless Mike McCarthy had called a draw play from the shotgun.
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:04:55 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
macbob said: Go to Quoted Post
I'd agree for the most part, zombie. The exception being when he switches to his Madden video game offense, which unfortunately he's done more than once this year.

The latest being when we were up 18 at half and you'd kinda expect more runs to eat some time off the clock instead of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass--which is how we started the 2nd half.

I put most of that on MM--the formations we came out in were shotguns. Wasn't Aaron Rodgers audibling out of a run to a pass unless Mike McCarthy had called a draw play from the shotgun.

Had Aaron Rodgers hit some of his underneath receivers instead of going for the 25+ yard completion, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I saw a few times where there was someone open underneath, but Aaron Rodgers gunned it for the guy deeper downfield.

I think that MVP went to Aaron Rodgers's head. He needs to take what he can get. Hate to say it, but maybe Aaron Rodgers should be watching more Tom Brady videos. Brady will take a 5 yard completion to open up another 5 yard completion to open up another 5 yard completion to open up the 40 yard completion.

That stuff chews up the clock almost as well as a running game does.
Offline Porforis  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:36:50 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 240
Applause Received: 487
Rios39 said: Go to Quoted Post
The thing is whenever we tried to run Green would make a dumb cut and it'd be 2nd and 12 and we'd end up throwing. A few drives started out with runs that put us behind the 8 ball and then the game started to get close to where we had to throw because our runs were not going positive yardage post benson injury.

If we aren't going to run the ball we need to be shortening these routes up. I don't mind running a few deep routes but at least put some check down receivers out there.

I am now convinced that our inability to run outside is a coaching issue first, line issue second. It didn't work well with Grant, it didn't work well with Starks, it hasn't worked well with Benson, and it was terrible with Green. You do need to run it outside at least a few times a game to keep the defense honest, but it sure would be nice to get positive yards once in a while rather than seeing the play develop so slowly and defenders swarming through.
Rss Feed