You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: MontanaBob Go to Quoted Post
I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew that sooner or later someone would bash the kicker. It's a yearly thing with every team in football. Teams can't move the ball so they rely on old thunderfoot to boot one of 50+ yards. That's why kickers have thick skins, are mostly deaf, and sit at the end of the bench watching the cheerleaders. I got lots of dates that way.

At 50 yards, (that's 150 feet), if a kick leaves the kickers foot off by 1 1/2 inches from dead center, every yard it travels it will be further off line. That equals 6 feet 3 inches off at the cross bar. Now figure in wind, the kickers natural hook, and there is not a whole lot of room for error. The uprights are 18 feet 3 inches wide, and believe me, they look a hell of a lot wider at 20 yards than at 50.

Plus, even in domes there is air movement. More than you would think. In Flagstaff AZ at the Walk Up Sky Dome where Northern Arizona plays, at 40 feet above the field the air currents are multi-directional and have been measured at about 3-6 mph. More even higher.

Zombieslayer hit it right on the head. If you have to rely on the kicker all the time from 50 + then something is wrong with the offense.

I'm more calling out the coaching staff for these super long attempts.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:11:53 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Soccer players were good Kickers in the past, so maybe we should sign this swedish guy. The problem, he currently makes more money than Aaron Rodgers Big Grin

click me

Hell, that goal is in the top 5 of the most amazing goals I've ever seen.
blank