Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackerTraxx  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:13:55 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm glad this game is in GB, my guess is that will be the difference. Also, it depends on who is healthy. It will be tough if we have to play without the same players, plus what is the status of Worthy and Neal? It would be nice if we could rest all the wounded with the bye week coming. But this is a critical game, as is each one through Chicago. A 3 game lead would be difficult, at best, to overcome.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline PackerTraxx  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:15:56 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Finley had his chance to be "the Man" in this game . . . yet he disappointed . . . again.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:12:10 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Didn't know where to post this so i am posting it here because it is relevant to this week's game:

source

click the link or don't, its pft they get plenty of hits

M
Quote:
ike Mccarthy Sticking With Alex Green

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is sticking by Alex Green as the team’s starting running back.

Green rushed for just 54 yards on 22 carries during the Packers’ 24-15 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. Despite getting 20-plus carries in each of his three starts, Green has yet to rush for more than 65 yards in a game. Green is averaging just 2.4 yards per carry in his three starts.

Yet McCarthy is keeping Green in the starting role over James Starks or Randall Cobb according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. McCarthy says Green is most deserving back on their roster.

“[Starks] will probably be given more opportunities as we go through the week, but there are a number of different factors that are involved with that and the biggest one is Alex Green has earned these opportunities,” McCarthy said.

Green took over the starting role when Cedric Benson was placed on injured reserve due to a foot sprain following the Packers Week Five loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Benson received the “designated to return” tag and is eligible to return for Green Bay’s Week 14 game against the Detroit Lions.

Until then it appears as though Green will continue to have opportunities to make an impact in the Packers’ backfield.

GIVE ME STARKS OR GIVE ME DEATH

thats a little extreme but I couldn't think of a less extreme word that went with the flow.
call me Dan
Offline RajiRoar  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:51:06 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

even if it's "just" the Cardinals, we BARELY beat JAX, take no team lightly.

our D and O are still waay to inconsistant for me ever to feel comfortable before the clock hits 0:00.

Rock On! Post #500 Rock On!

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline LambeauEast  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:00:42 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Packers get caught looking towards the bye and lose a heartbreaker.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:18:52 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 4 applause.
Porforis on 10/31/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/31/2012(UTC), Packerchick on 10/31/2012(UTC), LambeauEast on 11/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:26:12 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast Go to Quoted Post

Hey now, it's okay if Zero speaks doom and gloom because the Packers always win when he does, but cut it out!

34 - 16 Packers. Rodgers comes back with fire again, 3TDs (2 passing 1 rushing), 1 INT, 310 yards with a couple 40+ yard plays to Jones and Cobb. Defense causes two turnovers and Hayward gets a TD off a pick.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Kevin on 10/31/2012(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/31/2012(UTC), LambeauEast on 11/1/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:56:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,001

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
even if it's "just" the Cardinals, we BARELY beat JAX, take no team lightly.

our D and O are still waay to inconsistant for me ever to feel comfortable before the clock hits 0:00.

Rock On! Post #500 Rock On!

Cardinals have a pretty solid defense. I think they are top five after half the season. That's no joke man, that is impressive. This will not be an easy game. I. Am. Worried. <-- only worried if no Jordy Nelson.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline doddpower  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:14:38 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

The Cardinals defense is pretty good, but their offense is ATROCIOUS. As long as the offense doesn't allow the Cardinals defense to score touch downs, there's absolutely no reason the Packers shouldn't control this game. Play smart, take whatever points are possible (field goals will be great in this game), and let the defense dominate their offense. Their offensive line looks much worse than the Packers and they have a much lesser QB. The Packers had better get at least three sacks and a pick in this game.
Pack93z on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:15:58 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 163
Applause Received: 276

This will probably be another game like the Jaguars. A nail biter.
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:25:59 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

If we can control their running game with just the box players.. I think you bracket Fritz and go after them aggressively on defense.

While I think their defense is pretty good.. I think it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. Patriots put 300 bills on them and the Dolphins put over 400 on them. Other than that, they have played Seahawks, Eagles, Bills, Rams, Vikings and Niners. None of those passing attacks are dominate, so I think we can push them there. Rushing defense.. they have held opponents under 100 only twice this season. Not discounting them.. but we should be able to stretch this defense that has a strong pair in the defensive backfield in Peterson and Wilson.

I like the young talent on this defense.. but Rodgers and company (even banged up) should be able to score 20 +.

I just don't think the Cards offense behind that line will mimic that 20+.. so the Packers should be able to go into the bye 6-3.

The Packers need a week off.. to get healthy if nothing more. Just get a win and get to that bye.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:26:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

That defense got shreaded by Alex Smith..

We can win against any defense. It's not like they're invinsible cause they're top 5... lol the Mighty Texans got dominated by us and they were what 3rd or something.. the only Defense i'm scared of is the Bears, cause they always play well against us.
Kevin on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:38:13 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
That defense got shreaded by Alex Smith..

We can win against any defense. It's not like they're invinsible cause they're top 5... lol the Mighty Texans got dominated by us and they were what 3rd or something.. the only Defense i'm scared of is the Bears, cause they always play well against us.

We can win against any defense when healthy - NOBODY got open last week. WRs and TEs will need to step it up, run blocking needs to really improve or this is going to be a defensive battle at best.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:18:01 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
We can win against any defense when healthy - NOBODY got open last week. WRs and TEs will need to step it up, run blocking needs to really improve or this is going to be a defensive battle at best.

Give credit to Jacksonville.. Can't blame us for everything, they played us great, we just weren't insync or energetic. They outplayed us, and we still won.. mindfuck right?

lol I know people have high expectations for the Pack and their offense, but no ones perfect.. Even the great Tom Bradys, the Peyton Mannings, the Eli Mannings, and the Drew Brees of the world has their shit days.

All I know is we're 5-3 and that's all that matters.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:28:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kevin on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline beast  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:14:32 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
If we can control their running game with just the box players.. I think you bracket Fritz and go after them aggressively on defense.

While I think their defense is pretty good.. I think it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. Patriots put 300 bills on them and the Dolphins put over 400 on them. Other than that, they have played Seahawks, Eagles, Bills, Rams, Vikings and Niners. None of those passing attacks are dominate, so I think we can push them there. Rushing defense.. they have held opponents under 100 only twice this season. Not discounting them.. but we should be able to stretch this defense that has a strong pair in the defensive backfield in Peterson and Wilson.

Very true... but let me give you some other very true stats.

~Patriots only score 18 points on them and lost the game.
~Dolphins only scored 21 points on them and lost the game.

~The highest scores put on the Cards have been 24 by the 49ers, 21 by the Vikings and Dolphins.

~The Cards started off 4-0, but in the last four are 0-4.
~The Cards have lost to the Rams, Bills, Vikings and 49ers.

~The Cards are 4-0 against teams that have passed the ball more than run it against them.
~I don't remember the last time the Packers ran the ball more than passed it.

Now for some opinions.

~ I think the Cards defense is set up around the passing game and putting pressure on it in some way.

~ I think the Packers will change the stat above to say, the Cards are against 4-1 teams that pass more than they run it.

~ I think the Cards will become 0-5 in their last five games

~ I think STs for both sides will come into play, ether make a great play, and/or a horrible mistake, and/or try a trick play.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
gbguy20 on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed