Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheEngineer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I've noticed in some forums that people seem to think Rodgers is quite inaccurate, or otherwise has a weak arm. Now coming out of college that may be true, but it seems Rodgers has really improved both areas. But then he did throw 23 straight completions against USC, if I recall.

But how strong really is his arm? Is it the fact that he has a decent arm but always tries to bullet the ball in, or is it that he now has a pretty strong arm and that's just the way he throws?

However, the thing that excites me the most is how TIGHT his throws are. I don't recall seeing a big 'ole wobbly wounded duck in any of the preseason games. His throws are always so crisp, with such great flight. As long as he continues to get his accuracy up, these throws are going to make the long fade and post routes an excellent option for the foreseeable future.
blank
Sponsor
Offline TengoJuego  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:55:51 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

People just love to find anything they can about a player to hold against him. He hasn't even played enough(prior to this pre season) to judge the guy's arm that much. Now as far as the noodle arm and inaccuracy, I think its a bunch of bs. He's obviously not the gunslinger Brett was, but he has some heat on his throws.
Offline tromadz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:00:40 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.
Offline Jacob  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:10:21 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.

Really? i never read that , can i have a link? not that im doubting the great tromadz i just wanna see it

P.S. When will all be revealed?
Offline millertime  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:24:09 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Received: 5

DD and GJ call Rodgers "jugs" because he throws nice deep balls just like a jugs machine.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:34:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

DD and GJ call Rodgers "jugs" because he throws nice deep balls just like a jugs machine.

I read about something where he threw the ball in a garbage can a few times in a row and they mentioned that Brett had some difficulty doing that.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline tromadz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:37:06 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Really? i never read that , can i have a link? not that im doubting the great tromadz i just wanna see it

here ya go:
Quote:
"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

Running the West Coast offense, though, Rodgers isn't asked to go deep much. Favre wasn't either, but it was his nature to do it anyway. Rodgers won't have Favre's flair for the dramatic -- who will? -- but you can see he will bruise a few fingers and hands trying to move the chains out of three- and five-step drops.

"He's just throws hard," wide receiver Donald Driver said. "He's just one of those guys who doesn't have any touch at all. He just throws, and that's a good thing. He's able to get the ball to you when he needs to get it to you."

Very soon! Exciting time for me with the Packers season starting monday and "Project Awesome" almost nearing completion. Yay!
Offline Jacob  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:39:49 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Received: 3

here ya go:
Quote:
"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

Running the West Coast offense, though, Rodgers isn't asked to go deep much. Favre wasn't either, but it was his nature to do it anyway. Rodgers won't have Favre's flair for the dramatic -- who will? -- but you can see he will bruise a few fingers and hands trying to move the chains out of three- and five-step drops.

"He's just throws hard," wide receiver Donald Driver said. "He's just one of those guys who doesn't have any touch at all. He just throws, and that's a good thing. He's able to get the ball to you when he needs to get it to you."

Very soon! Exciting time for me with the Packers season starting monday and "Project Awesome" almost nearing completion. Yay!

One more thing, any future podcasts? i always liked those.
Offline tromadz  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:45:06 PM(UTC)
tromadz

One more thing, any future podcasts? i always liked those.

There's a good chance future installments will be available here at packershome.com, which is good news.
Offline Greg C.  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:51:07 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

He threw the ball pretty darn well coming out of college, and by this time last year he was throwing the ball GREAT. I can't wait for the season to start so all of these silly Rodgers myths can come crashing down.
blank
Offline tromadz  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:54:24 PM(UTC)
tromadz

He threw the ball pretty darn well coming out of college, and by this time last year he was throwing the ball GREAT. I can't wait for the season to start so all of these silly Rodgers myths can come crashing down.

I hear ya, Greg.

Like I tell the drunks at the bar, the time for talk is over. All the 'this guy sucks' 'this guy is gonna own' and 'this guy is overrated' stuff can come to an end, because we'll see who is what when they step on the field.

And thank the lord. I'm tired of trying to explain to Bears fans why their team sucks and why GB will be fine without Favre. Now I can just tell them "monday, 6pm. Watch it."

This team will show the world!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 12:28:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

Now I can just tell them "monday, 6pm. Watch it."
haha nice... quote of the day, hands down.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 2:42:13 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 66

I think I am more worried about Rodgers decision making as opposed to his passing abilities.

He can make the throws, I was most impressed seeing him throw against his body numerous times this pre-season and doing it well.

But if Rodgers can make decisions in the same ball park as Brett then we'll be golden.

I don't expect him to make the exact same decisions, but if he can be closer to Brett in this regard than say an average QB then hot diggity it'll be fun times.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline DGB454  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 9:16:28 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

I think I am more worried about Rodgers decision making as opposed to his passing abilities.

He can make the throws, I was most impressed seeing him throw against his body numerous times this pre-season and doing it well.

But if Rodgers can make decisions in the same ball park as Brett then we'll be golden.

I don't expect him to make the exact same decisions, but if he can be closer to Brett in this regard than say an average QB then hot diggity it'll be fun times.

I agree with you aadp. His arm and accuracy I believe is great. Experience will help his decision making. I think the first few games may be a little rocky but as the season progresses the decisions making ability will get better and everything will fall into place. I beleive in AR.
Offline longtimefan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 10:03:31 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Brett had the fastest release I think i have ever seen ( just like Marino)

Rodgers release is a tad slower, so his passes APPEAR to be slower..

At least that is what I think
Rss Feed