Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:15:10 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 209

I know it is early... I know it will change, but week 8 is when I start following the projections. It is fun, and makes for interesting thought during the slow news period mid week between games.

http://www.cbssports.com...l/standings/playoffrace.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline beast  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:37:12 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
I know it is early... I know it will change, but week 8 is when I start following the projections. It is fun, and makes for interesting thought during the slow news period mid week between games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

You put a period on the end of it, making the link not work.
Need to take that out.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline beast  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:38:20 PM(UTC)
beast

Based on that, if the Packers lose to the Cards, the Cards would be in the top 6 going into week 10 and the Packers would be out going into their bye week. Need a win to feel good going into the bye week.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:44:15 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I think we'll go 12-4 losing to the Giants or Bears.

Screw that.... 13-3!
Offline RaiderPride  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:53:31 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
You put a period on the end of it, making the link not work.
Need to take that out.

Thanks. : )

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:59:44 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

as it stands now 3 teams from the north get in, who saw that coming?
call me Dan
Offline RaiderPride  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:16:04 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Atlanta is rolling.. They have a solid hold on home field advantage in the Playoffs right now Indeed. However, facts are facts...

"What you like: After weeks of uneven play, the offense -- OK, quarterback Aaron Rodgers -- finally seems to have reached 2011 form. In case you missed it, Rodgers has 11 touchdowns and no interceptions the past three games. Green Bay won them all -- and that's without top receiver Greg Jennings. Plus, the Packers don't make mistakes. Their seven giveaways are second-fewest. Houston has six. The more Green Bay's offense heats up, the less we see of its defense ... and that's important for a unit playing without Charles Woodson."

"Why Atlanta should be worried: Because the last time the Falcons were in this position it was Green Bay that torched them in the playoffs. The Packers know they can win at the Georgia Dome, and they know they rattled Matt Ryan there. Plus, they have a quarterback who completed 31 of 36 passes on Atlanta in the playoffs and a quarterback who has five touchdowns, no interceptions and two victories the last two times the clubs met."

"Key Stat: Virtually no one is better inside the 20 than Green Bay. The Packers produce touchdowns a league-best 72 percent of the time inside the Red Zone, including 14 of their last 18 possessions. Only New Orleans is better (72.7 percent)."

"Bottom line: I'll tell you why Atlanta should want to avoid these guys in January: Because the Packers have been to the Georgia Dome in the playoffs and won. Moreover, they won big. Never undersell the value of experience."

FULL ARTICLE IS BELOW.. Good read.

http://www.cbssports.com...in-nfc-right-not-so-fast
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/30/2012(UTC), yooperfan on 10/31/2012(UTC), Zero2Cool on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:32:16 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

the Packers don't make mistakes. Their seven giveaways are second-fewest. Houston has six.

Didn't know we were 2nd in the league. Drool

Offline RajiRoar  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:55:02 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

"Key Stat: Virtually no one is better inside the 20 than Green Bay. The Packers produce touchdowns a league-best 72 percent of the time inside the Red Zone, including 14 of their last 18 possessions. Only New Orleans is better (72.7 percent)."
http://www.cbssports.com...in-nfc-right-not-so-fast

This stat makes me Dancing

Plus, the Packers don't make mistakes. Their seven giveaways are second-fewest.

This stat makes me Dancing Dancing Dancing

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline mi_keys  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:50:13 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 226
Applause Received: 359

Atlanta at 1, Chicago at 2 and an NFC East opponent at 3 hosting the Packers in the wild card round... where have we seen that before?

I'd be totally fine with the final seeds mirroring the current standings.

And 3 teams from the NFC North in the playoffs? At the start of the year that would not have surprised me at all. I just would have swapped Detroit and Minnesota.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline doddpower  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:15:08 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Atlanta at 1, Chicago at 2 and an NFC East opponent at 3 hosting the Packers in the wild card round... where have we seen that before?

I'd be totally fine with the final seeds mirroring the current standings.

And 3 teams from the NFC North in the playoffs? At the start of the year that would not have surprised me at all. I just would have swapped Detroit and Minnesota.

Three teams is the case for now, but I expect the Vikings to fall in the standings quickly in the coming weeks.

Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:11:58 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

I think we all did, but we saw the 3 teams as us, da Bears, and the Lions.

By the end of the season though, we all know what's gonna happen to that 4th team. So that leaves 2 from the NFC North.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline gbguy20  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:40:44 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I think we all did, but we saw the 3 teams as us, da Bears, and the Lions.

By the end of the season though, we all know what's gonna happen to that 4th team. So that leaves 2 from the NFC North.

oh right, that is what i meant i suppose
call me Dan
Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:59:01 AM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

I was guessing it. Last year it looked like 6 teams from the north might get into the playoffs (3 from AFC North, 3 from NFC North). The 3 from the AFC North made it in. 2 from the NFC North did, with the Bears injuring their top 2 QB, top 2 RBs, top WR and top run blocking OL, their offense disappeared.

Also the Lions made it in, but fell to 6 seed after losing their best 2 DBs (which was already a weakness) and losing to the Packers back-ups as they rested some of their starters including Rodgers.

So I thought if healthy, the Packers, Bears and Lions might make another run at getting 3 in. The Lions still missing their top Safety (maybe done for the year) and their QB not looking the same aren't looking as good, nether has their DL. But the Vikings have been beating some good teams and staying in it.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline mi_keys  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:09:09 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 226
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Three teams is the case for now, but I expect the Vikings to fall in the standings quickly in the coming weeks.

I do too. I see them as 8-8/9-7 and just a little bit short of the playoffs come the end of the year. They are certainly capable of playing with some good teams on their day. They've played woeful at times as well in their three losses (none of which were to particularly good teams... yes I know that includes the Colts) and they were even more embarrisingly bad against the Jags than we were.

Still, it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could sneak in.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

As of now, I would predict.

Atlanta #1 15-1 or 14-2 with loses to Gmen and either Det/TB. With the schedul they have remaining, undefeated is not unrealistic.
SF #2 13-3 losing at NE
Pack #3 13-3 I'm assuming we win out.
Gmen #4 12-4 losing to Pitt and Us.
Bears #5 12-4 losing to Hou, SF and Us
Sea #6 10-6 losing to Chi and SF

That would give us a rematch against Seattle in GB. No hail mary this time.

I could also see gmen at 3 and us at 4 losing in NY.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:28:19 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

I really don't see us winning out. I'd bank on 12-4 or 11-5.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:08:47 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
As of now, I would predict.

Atlanta #1 15-1 or 14-2 with loses to Gmen and either Det/TB. With the schedul they have remaining, undefeated is not unrealistic.
SF #2 13-3 losing at NE
Pack #3 13-3 I'm assuming we win out.
Gmen #4 12-4 losing to Pitt and Us.
Bears #5 12-4 losing to Hou, SF and Us
Sea #6 10-6 losing to Chi and SF

That would give us a rematch against Seattle in GB. No hail mary this time.

I could also see gmen at 3 and us at 4 losing in NY.

Interesting you got the Seahawks coming to GB for a rematch Applause ... the Packers playoff record at home the last 10 years or so hasn't been too good.... other than against the Seahawks Big Grin ... and if the Packers won then a rematch @ 49ers...

Yeah I was looking at the Falcons schedule, they could go 16-0 if they get past the Giants. (but I'm going to say 15-1 because I don't want any team to be undefeated)

I'm thinking the 49ers and Packers lose 2 more (than current)

Atlanta 15-1
Bears 13-3
Giants 12-4
SF 12-4
Packers 11-5 (or maybe 12-4)
Eagles 10-6 (or Cowboys 10-6)

I feel like the Eagles and Cowboys have the easiest schedule to make it in of all the 4 lose teams. Cards, Seahawks, Lions, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the 49ers or Giants in the playoffs... but if the Packers beat them... then they'll have the Falcons or Bears to deal with (and Packers took care of them last go around in the playoffs)
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline gbguy20  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:57:05 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Interesting you got the Seahawks coming to GB for a rematch Applause ... the Packers playoff record at home the last 10 years or so hasn't been too good.... other than against the Seahawks Big Grin ... and if the Packers won then a rematch @ 49ers...

Yeah I was looking at the Falcons schedule, they could go 16-0 if they get past the Giants. (but I'm going to say 15-1 because I don't want any team to be undefeated)

I'm thinking the 49ers and Packers lose 2 more (than current)

Atlanta 15-1
Bears 13-3
Giants 12-4
SF 12-4
Packers 11-5 (or maybe 12-4)
Eagles 10-6 (or Cowboys 10-6)

I feel like the Eagles and Cowboys have the easiest schedule to make it in of all the 4 lose teams. Cards, Seahawks, Lions, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the 49ers or Giants in the playoffs... but if the Packers beat them... then they'll have the Falcons or Bears to deal with (and Packers took care of them last go around in the playoffs)

luckily the seahawks fucking suck so we can get a win at home this post season
call me Dan
Offline Rockmolder  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:33:37 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

Philbin's 4-3 with a rookie QB/Back up QB, a right side of the O-line that's borderline horrendous most of the time and a receiving core where Driver could most likely be a starter...

Obviously, defense is their strongest point (which is impressive, as well, seeing as they traded away their starting CB and they've made a 3-4 to 4-3 switch), but the offense isn't turning it over or sputtering that badly at all.

Next to that, from the 3 games they've lost, they lost two by just three points. One of those losses came against the Jets... Who they demolished this week.

I don't know if they'll make the play-offs, as I'm already seeing 4 near-certain losses on the rest of their schedule and a team like this might just implode halfway trough their season, but so far, it's been pretty good.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:33:55 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Philbin's 4-3 with a rookie QB/Back up QB, a right side of the O-line that's borderline horrendous most of the time and a receiving core where Driver could most likely be a starter...

Obviously, defense is their strongest point (which is impressive, as well, seeing as they traded away their starting CB and they've made a 3-4 to 4-3 switch), but the offense isn't turning it over or sputtering that badly at all.

Next to that, from the 3 games they've lost, they lost two by just three points. One of those losses came against the Jets... Who they demolished this week.

I don't know if they'll make the play-offs, as I'm already seeing 4 near-certain losses on the rest of their schedule and a team like this might just implode halfway trough their season, but so far, it's been pretty good.

Don't care much for their ownership, but I'm kind of pulling for Philbin.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:36:15 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

If he has them conditioned enough they can make a push. They are wearing defenses out with the 80 or so offensive plays they run a game.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed