Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:28:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:31:14 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-odd/20121106/US.Driver.Idiot.Sign/

I think we should start doing that to Representatives, Senators and all other elected officials when they blatantly violate the laws for their own gain.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:22:22 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 158
Applause Received: 110

I saw the video someplace.Wish I could remember where.This lady is a moron!!!!!!Duh! Face. Palm.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:42:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

We should just pass laws that during an election, if a candidate blatently lies in an add - he is charged with a felony and sent to a Federal prison.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:26:27 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We should just pass laws that during an election, if a candidate blatently lies in an add - he is charged with a felony and sent to a Federal prison.

Funny, every ad with outright lies and borderline lies that I've seen aren't authorized or created by the campaign. What exactly would the above accomplish?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:44:09 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Funny, every ad with outright lies and borderline lies that I've seen aren't authorized or created by the campaign. What exactly would the above accomplish?

If we force the elected or even non elected official to perform at least community service for the lies of their campaign, it will trickle down to the campaigns running factual ads. Not this partial factoids the run currently.

If we truly want to restore this country.. all levels of this country have to start being held accountable, right down to each and every citizen. Easier said than done, but we have to start moving in that direction.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:46:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:46:57 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
If we force the elected or even non elected official to perform community service for the lies of their campaign, it will trickle down to the campaigns running factual ads. Not this partial factoids the run currently.

If we truly want to restore this country.. all levels of this country have to start being held accountable, right down to each and every citizen. Easier said than done, but we have to start moving in that direction.

I don't think you understand. What I'm saying is, all of the political ads that are particularly extreme or use particularly shaky "facts" are not put out by either campaign. And if you're suggesting that there will be a shot in hell of nonelected officials serving even community services if the criminals on Wall Street avoided prison... I'll have to completely disagree. And even if they do, I highly doubt that will deter anybody. After all, what's a week or two of community service if you potentially sway a few thousand people with lies and distortions? And if you start enacting real tough penalties like jail time, that's a terrible precedent of punishment for lying in public and a very slippery slope. Not to mention the kind of craziness that would happen during campaigns every time anybody said anything remotely close to disputable with special interest groups going crazy trying to get prosecutors to arrest candidates and their supporters for anything from slightly outdated statistics (that are still dated and sourced) to outright lies.

I don't know about you, but I don't want that kind of circus and precedent.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:51:44 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I don't think you understand. What I'm saying is, all of the political ads that are particularly extreme or use particularly shaky "facts" are not put out by either campaign.

Do you really want me shredding through the endorsed campaign messages of Obama and Romney to validate the they have plenty of attack ads that use very loose facts?

Or in Wisconsin, the race between say Thompson and Baldwin?

Or Duffy and Krietlow?

I have been flooded with them... and that end tag line of endorsement is present in most.

Sure, for example, the NRA's ad's are out there.. but the majority of the ads I have been subjected to have been endorsed by the candidate themselves.

And I am sick of it.. that is an understatement endorsed by me.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:57:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

And if you're suggesting that there will be a shot in hell of nonelected officials serving even community services if the criminals on Wall Street avoided prison... I'll have to completely disagree. And even if they do, I highly doubt that will deter anybody. After all, what's a week or two of community service if you potentially sway a few thousand people with lies and distortions? And if you start enacting real tough penalties like jail time, that's a terrible precedent of punishment for lying in public and a very slippery slope. .

For the Wall Street pigs.. I endorse Troy's guillotine idea.

Campaign's rely on Public Opinion and Relations.. forcing them to face the shame of being forced into community service or worse.. damn skippy it will send ripples through the campaigns. And the voting public.

Sure, we now will spend tons on legal costs to punish, but they spent in excess of 10 billion in campaigns.. funnel some of the flow to the legal costs.

We are a resourceful nation.. we should be able to find a more effective way of electing officials. What we have, it isn't working, my opinion.

Either that, or we start to wage a more physical campaign on DC and elsewhere. Probably the only way we fix this nation, but why not exhaust all avenues prior to bloodshed and destruction.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:30:06 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Do you really want me shredding through the endorsed campaign messages of Obama and Romney to validate the they have plenty of attack ads that use very loose facts?

Or Duffy and Krietlow?

I have been flooded with them... and that end tag line of endorsement is present in most.

Sure, for example, the NRA's ad's are out there.. but the majority of the ads I have been subjected to have been endorsed by the candidate themselves.

Personally, I find value in letting people lie. It tells me who I can't trust and thus shouldn't be voting for. If everyone has a gun to their head during the campaign, like I said before both sides will be going wild trying to get everything from exaggerations, out of date statistics, to straight up lies prosecuted. The "Gotcha" mentality's completely scarred the last few elections, this will just make the issue many magnitudes worse. Plus the whole slippery slope thing I mentioned earlier.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:39:56 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Personally, I find value in letting people lie. It tells me who I can't trust and thus shouldn't be voting for.

For those that dig in.. yes there is value.

Sadly, that is not the majority of the base populous.

Additionally, is there not a slippery slope being established with campaign ad distortion from the facts?

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:35:04 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

For those that dig in.. yes there is value.

Sadly, that is not the majority of the base populous.

If they're already being so lazy and irresponsible with their vote that they're taking everything said at face value, is this really going to help? People increasingly get their information through blogs and social media as well, there's no way we're going to regulate what's said on the internet.

Additionally, is there not a slippery slope being established with campaign ad distortion from the facts?

Outright lies and severe distortions have been going on since day one. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I do think further litigating our election process is a bad idea. Obviously it's just my opinion and I don't have a crystal ball, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Usually it's DakotaT I can't find common ground with, stop impersonating him!
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:57:02 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Or Duffy and Krietlow?

The thing is, the adds don't lie because of the way government works with all these 2000 page bills. Good things get tied to bad bills so the other side votes the bill down, so later they can say. See they were against the good thing.

Democrats did it to perfection the last almost 2 years, with the Student Loan rates, Soldiers pay, unemployed people and middle class. They attached something to a bill so Republicans would not vote on or pass a bill. So they could run to the media and scream. Republicans hate students, soldiers, unemployeed, women what ever.

What are the odds that shortly, all the Bush cuts get extended again now that the election is over? That was the entire, raise the tax on the rich plan. Democrats wanted to renew all bush cuts except the rich, republicans wanted to extend them all. Yet obama and the democrats were able to convince millions of people, that republicans wanted to raise their taxes.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed