Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:47:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

Maybe Rodgers isn't the only one that places a chip on his shoulder to zip their traps.

Quote:
Teams told James Jones in post-lockout free agency that they didn't want to sign him because of his history of drops.

Jones had a higher drop percentage than any receiver from 2009-2011. Prior to free agency in 2010, he dropped potential long touchdowns in five different games. "They didn't feel like I could catch a ball," Jones said. "They didn't feel like my hands were good enough." Thrust into a bigger role this season, Jones is on pace for a 71/821/14 line without a single drop.

Apparently so... I like the James Jones story and have been a fan since his preseason catch against the Bengals.

Quote:

Packers' Jones making a new name for himself

Green Bay - Don't go there. Jordy Nelson doesn't want to hear the d-word. His temper rises. His head shakes.

Yes, the Green Bay Packers wide receiver is well aware James Jones has gone nine games without a drop.

"I don't know why we need to talk about this," said Nelson, accidentally knocking another reporter's voice recorder to the ground.

But, Jordy, he has zero drops this season. Zero.

"I know! Quit talking about it, man!" Nelson said. "You just want to be that guy, don't you?"

Jinxes aside, Jones is in the midst of a near-flawless season. The sixth-year wideout is catching everything in his vicinity. One acrobatic grab at a time, Jones is shedding a label he believes he never should have had, a label that probably cost him millions of dollars. To fully understand Jones' 2012 season, you have to go back to 2010. Deep, embarrassing drops tainted an otherwise solid season for Jones.

And, as luck would have it, he was a free agent the following off-season. Point blank, NFL teams told Jones' agent they didn't want him because of the drops. To them, the drops defined Jones.

Smiling, Jones says he will not reveal the teams. But he has kept a mental list. That misperception drives him.

"They didn't feel like I could catch a ball," Jones said. "They didn't feel like my hands were good enough. . . . When I play those teams, I have a little bone to pick with them."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:38:57 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

If that's what drives him, awesome. Unfortunately, he DID earn that reputation. He's doing a damned good job of shedding it though, keep it up kiddo!
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:41:53 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Ah, 5 TD drops in the past 3 years.

See? It wasn't my imagination. Someone, I won't mention any names, was claiming it was my imagination.

Good job, JJ. Good to see you back. Applause
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed