Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:23:14 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

I know, I know, double post, etc. but this article is actually awesome for what I just said above and what this entire thread is about.

http://www.packersnews.c...aron-Rodgers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Quote:
So McCarthy will have to adjust his play calling and blocking scheme to help his injury-diminished offensive line protect Rodgers in the home stretch of the season.

“I think there’s a lot of pride in that group,” Rodgers said Wednesday about the offensive line, “and we have some veteran guys, some guys that played a lot of football. We’re going to do a better job of putting them in situations where they can be successful. We’ve talked about some things already and hopefully we can protect a little better, get it out a little quicker and be a little more efficient on offense.”

LET THERE BE SLANTS!
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
PackFanWithTwins on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:11:40 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I know, I know, double post, etc. but this article is actually awesome for what I just said above and what this entire thread is about.

http://www.packersnews.c...aron-Rodgers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

LET THERE BE SLANTS!

Nice to see. 16 sacks in the first 3 weeks of the season for the exact same reason as this, but it takes 12 weeks to think about making adjustments.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:56:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

PNEWS

Quote:
McCarthy will have to adjust his play calling and blocking scheme to help his injury-diminished offensive line protect Rodgers in the home stretch of the season.

“I think there’s a lot of pride in that group,” Rodgers said Wednesday about the offensive line, “and we have some veteran guys, some guys that played a lot of football. We’re going to do a better job of putting them in situations where they can be successful. We’ve talked about some things already and hopefully we can protect a little better, get it out a little quicker and be a little more efficient on offense.”

Yes, GET IT OUT A LITTLE QUICKER! Because, well see below...

Quote:
McCarthy, though, has shown no inclination to leave Lang at left guard and play either of the backup offensive linemen, undrafted rookies Don Barclay and Greg Van Roten, at right tackle.

Ok, THIS suggests, to me (and call me crazy) that neither Don Barclay nor Greg Van Roten are as good as Lang at that position. I would further hypothesize that they both totally suck shit and are incompetent at that position on the NFL level.

Quote:
“Our offensive line performance Sunday was not our best performance,” McCarthy said. “It wasn’t our best performance as a whole offense, and you can start with me. When we line up Sunday, we’ll be playing with the same people.”

Ok, so THIS is what we got, from here on out. No Cliffy. Next man up is one of the dudes they are already afraid to put out there. I'd actually like to see Barclay or Van Roten out there for a series or two, just to see what we've got. Break the suspense, if you will. But I suppose that would strategically reveal to other teams the huge secret of their shit suckage.

I'll still be watching.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed