Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:41:18 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

A couple of nuggets here.. starting with the reality check.

But also, just how good the Giants can be when they step up and play the game.

And Finally.. the game did snowball on us.. Hayward dropping a ball in his chest. Multiple Muffed punts that may have turned the game.

The Packers on all fronts sound like a team that has been grounded, haven't heard from Finley yet.. lol, but I think this team will take the bitterness and embarrassment and come out firing over the next couple weeks.

Quote:
3. Was a performance like that a big step back defensively?

CAPERS: Well I think it's a reality check is what it is. I just points out that, I don't care who you are, (or who) you're playing. The Giants are a good team, they struggled the last couple of weeks offensively, but all you had to do is go back and look and see what they did against the 49ers. I watched the ball, and they took that ball against the 49ers and after that game everybody was saying they were the best team in football. Then they struggled the last couple of weeks. That's just the way this league is. You better be ready to play, and you've got to have a way of generating momentum and changing momentum in each and every game. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get that done last night, and it snowballed on us.

Other comments from him...

Quote:

1. What was the reason behind cornerback Casey Hayward not playing many snaps?

CAPERS: Obviously, with (Hayward's) playmaking ability, we'd like to keep him involved. It was a different game last night because we weren't in sub (packages) as much as we have been as of late. You go back to the Lions game, he played sub every down. They were in a lot more two-back personnel, whether it be one tight end and two wide receivers or two tight ends and one wide receiver, so that put us into more of our okie (3-4 defense) personnel. We kind of liked the matchup we had in terms of (Davon) House on their bigger receivers. I don't think there's any question we've got to keep Casey involved.

2. How much did all the missed tackles hurt the defense?

CAPERS: Well, it was a factor. I think our tackling has been very good; it wasn't as good last night. I think you saw it on that screen play. We had our opportunities (to make the tackle). I think tackling and leverage to the ball -- whether you're outside-in (or) inside-out. Every scheme has a certain number of people that are outside-in on the ball and inside-out on the ball and a couple of times we lost our leverage. A couple other times, we missed tackles. You saw it influence the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Rss Feed