You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:27:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Man what depth.

I don't think there's gonna be room for CedBen or Grant next year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:49:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Man what depth.

I don't think there's gonna be room for CedBen or Grant next year.

4.42 per carry.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline coltonja  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 29

Mike McCarthy wrote:
“He’s a young man who has a lot of abilities,” McCarthy said. “He’s 5-foot-7, but other than that we like everything about him. He has very good hands. He has burst. He’s quick. So, he’s done a nice job since he’s been here.”

Haha I lol'd at that. Come on, Coach, haven't you watched Ray Rice? Or Barry Sanders?!
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline djcubez  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:26:23 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

He looked quick. The kind of back we've lacked for a while. I think he can be a good change of pace especially if we can get him involved in the passing game.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:36:48 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 476
Applause Received: 225

The kid reminded me of Samkon Gado who also helped give us a little pickmeup when we needed it.
Thankfully we had a running game to pick up the passing game yesterday.
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:49:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Looked pretty good on that last run. Who's practice squad did we thieve him from?

Quote:
Professional career
Jacksonville Jaguars

Harris was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was released on August 25, 2012.
Pittsburgh Steelers

On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.
Green Bay Packers

On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster.[1]

wiki

edit-
rotoworld

Quote:
Packers signed RB DuJuan Harris and WR Jeremy Ross from the team's practice squad.
Harris spent much of the preseason with the Jaguars before being claimed off waivers by the Steelers in late August. He's a smaller back with some speed. Ross was signed as an undrafted free agent out of California by the Patriots in 2011. Both players will be special teams contributors if active on game days.
Related: Jeremy Ross
Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
Dec 1 - 5:50 PM
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 12/10/2012(UTC)
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:16:54 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 52

A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
DakotaT on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:34:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.

Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline doddpower  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:56:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,458
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.

Eh, given the circumstances of the Packers injuries, I think Grant is nice immediate depth, even if it's only as a #3 RB. But honestly, he's probably better then Green at this point from a pure running stand point, and definitely deserves a spot on the Packers roster.

Online nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:55:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

5.4 today for DuJuan.

Very nice. DuJuan, Jeremy Ross, and the Queens were all playing at a different speed today.
Offline dyeah_gb  
#26 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:23:01 AM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 24

I really Harris to have a chance to establish himself as the starter. I don't care if he is from a practice squad. From what I saw, he earned yards beyond what the O-line gave him. It would be amazing if he can turn out to be our Ray Rice.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#27 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:01:38 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things:

If you go technically Grant was the starting back, because he was on the field for the first offensive play. But in reality, we don't have a starting RB. It is just a matter of the play call.

Just because we could line up with 3 TE, Grant and Kuhn, doesn't mean we don't have any starting WR.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage