Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<678
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#106 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 12:17:10 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
This just gives a better case why our fans are better. I love how people try to be badasses and say fuck every sentence. Pathetic. I laughed when that guy tried to say that packers fans are not packers fans if they haven't been to Wisconsin. SORRY WE HAVE FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR GODS SAKE. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

That's like saying you can't be a Christian if you haven't been to Nazareth.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#107 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 12:34:40 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
This just gives a better case why our fans are better. I love how people try to be badasses and say fuck every sentence. Pathetic. I laughed when that guy tried to say that packers fans are not packers fans if they haven't been to Wisconsin. SORRY WE HAVE FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR GODS SAKE. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Lived most of my life in IL. Never lived in WI. I did live in MN for a year when I was in 1st grade. I can not be sure but I think that is the genesis of becoming a Packers fan. I moved to Minny Jan 65 and moved back the following Dec or Jan. That was ll it took to recognize a quality franchise. It was so easy even a child could do it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#108 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Lived most of my life in IL. Never lived in WI.

Same here. It's basically a stereotype over here that you're automatically from Wisconsin if you're a packers fan..
Offline Zero2Cool  
#109 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 1:36:45 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I think some us Packers fans are massively spoiled and lacking appreciation for a playoff win. The Packers are 33 and 7 over their last 40 games, including playoffs with one Super Bowl win – I bet there are more than two dozen fan bases that wish they could claim as such. The Packers come up victorious by 14 points in a home playoff game, which in case you’ve lived under a rock is no easy task for the Packers and yet we have some ungrateful fans deteriorating the accomplishment? All I read and heard when Joe Webb was announced being the starter was how he gives the Vikings a better opportunity to win against the Packers. Now that the Packers win, I’ve been reading comments about how the Packers beat the Vikings B team and the Vikings JV team. Get your nose out of the air, slap yourself with a wet fish and quit taking a win for granted!

Remember a certain person observing the Packers having several drives under a minute rather than running the ball to clear out the clock and preserve the win? That was against the Colts. Saturday night, although it wasn’t sexy, and the Vikings knew the Packers were in run mode, it preserved a win when 21 points felt like 42.

Make no mistake about this, the game was ALWAYS about Adrian Peterson, not Christian Ponder and not Joe Webb.

Pull your heads out of your asses, Packers fans, and appreciate this win… it just might be the last of the season.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 7 applause.
Pack93z on 1/7/2013(UTC), Wade on 1/7/2013(UTC), Porforis on 1/7/2013(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 1/7/2013(UTC), TheKanataThrilla on 1/7/2013(UTC), mi_keys on 1/7/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 1/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#110 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 1:40:11 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Make no mistake about this, the game was ALWAYS about Adrian Peterson, not Christian Ponder and not Joe Webb.

Exactly.. good post.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online DakotaT  
#111 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 1:45:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,407

Pull your heads out of your asses, Packers fans, and appreciate this win… it just might be the last of the season.

It is alive!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back Hoss, the boys were all getting nauseously homesick for your presence. I, of course, never had a doubt that you were coming back. Blind Faith, baby.

We are spoiled, us old bastards know that well - it's you younger guys that didn't know the pain of being a Packer fan through the 70s and 80s.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#112 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 1:53:21 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

I think some us Packers fans are massively spoiled and lacking appreciation for a playoff win. The Packers are 33 and 7 over their last 40 games, including playoffs with one Super Bowl win – I bet there are more than two dozen fan bases that wish they could claim as such. The Packers come up victorious by 14 points in a home playoff game, which in case you’ve lived under a rock is no easy task for the Packers and yet we have some ungrateful fans deteriorating the accomplishment? All I read and heard when Joe Webb was announced being the starter was how he gives the Vikings a better opportunity to win against the Packers. Now that the Packers win, I’ve been reading comments about how the Packers beat the Vikings B team and the Vikings JV team. Get your nose out of the air, slap yourself with a wet fish and quit taking a win for granted!

Remember a certain person observing the Packers having several drives under a minute rather than running the ball to clear out the clock and preserve the win? That was against the Colts. Saturday night, although it wasn’t sexy, and the Vikings knew the Packers were in run mode, it preserved a win when 21 points felt like 42.

He's back!!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline wpr  
#113 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 2:52:01 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

ZERO!!!!!!!!

"I got just five words for ya - Damn glad to see ya boy!" Harry Stamper

BTW, good post
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#114 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 3:59:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I always enjoy watching the locker room victory videos - link.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#115 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 4:17:52 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 268
Applause Received: 265

Offline Cheesey  
#116 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 5:24:49 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 230
Applause Received: 458

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
It is alive!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back Hoss, the boys were all getting nauseously homesick for your presence.

PRESENCE!?!?
Did he buy you PRESENCE!?!?Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed