Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#31 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:39:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,881
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.


Didn't you pull the trigger on my JAMES Jones?

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:44:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,266
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Didn't you pull the trigger on my JAMES Jones?



Yeah, I was willing to let his non catching ass walk. I am wrong on occassion, but not often.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:41:22 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,352
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,322

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.


Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I was willing to let his non catching ass walk. I am wrong on occassion, but not often.



well you are wrong again because your bitch is not with the rest of the fans but with Ted and Mike.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,881
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

I never did hear where Nonstop went. My imagination wants me to think he fulfilled his (apparent) life long dream of practicing gynecology, and just forgot about us little folk as he pursued his dreams in-depth, so to speak. Flapper

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,266
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
well you are wrong again because your bitch is not with the rest of the fans but with Ted and Mike.


I was wrong on Jones because he is starting to become the player he always should have been, but I haven't been wrong about DD. My bitch is with no one, I just give my opinion and then get jumped by people who sleep with DD jerseys on.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:03:59 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

I don't have an issue with DD not playing.. not in the least. My opinion is just this is not how I wish he would have gone out.

A player, at least in my opinion, wants to play his last game at home. I worked my ass of just to take one snap after the wreck. My peace with it.

Maybe he was in error coming back.. but I think he believed he could still help this team and play in the Big Game this time in full.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:13:52 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,881
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

DD is most certainly welcome on this field in place of ANY WR on this team for this playoff try, in my world.

Any single one of them, taking all pluses and minuses of doing that into account.


the best one in the business, this corps-imo, he fits just fine (even at) his age.

Edited by user Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:24:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline wpr  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:19:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,352
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,322

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I was wrong on Jones because he is starting to become the player he always should have been, but I haven't been wrong about DD. My bitch is with no one, I just give my opinion and then get jumped by people who sleep with DD jerseys on.


oh no sweet pea. You in so many words you are insinuating that DD is on the team because the fans would be outraged if he was not there.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:31:35 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,768
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

IMO, a fitting end for DD's career would be the following:

1. He is active for the Super Bowl this year.
2. He catches one pass, what turns out to be the winning (but not the last) TD in a Packer victory.
3. That pass is the pass he was at one time better than anyone at, the quick slant from the slot, which he turns from an 8 yard gain into a 65 yard TD gallop.

That, IMO,would be fitting.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline dfosterf  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,881
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
IMO, a fitting end for DD's career would be the following:

1. He is active for the Super Bowl this year.
2. He catches one pass, what turns out to be the winning (but not the last) TD in a Packer victory.
3. That pass is the pass he was at one time better than anyone at, the quick slant from the slot, which he turns from an 8 yard gain into a 65 yard TD gallop.

That, IMO,would be fitting.


I have no reason to think that Donald Driver is not fully capable of doing precisely that, if given the chance to do so.

I'd like to see that, too.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:18:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,266
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
IMO, a fitting end for DD's career would be the following:

1. He is active for the Super Bowl this year.
2. He catches one pass, what turns out to be the winning (but not the last) TD in a Packer victory.
3. That pass is the pass he was at one time better than anyone at, the quick slant from the slot, which he turns from an 8 yard gain into a 65 yard TD gallop.

That, IMO,would be fitting.


Oh my God. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:20:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,266
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I have no reason to think that Donald Driver is not fully capable of doing precisely that, if given the chance to do so.

I'd like to see that, too.



Yeah, just like you're capable of bedding down triplets in there mid twenties. Duh!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:49:29 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

You know what. If he helps us win a superbowl on or off the field. May It be 1 or 2 catches. I'm pretty happy either way. He knows he's on the decline. He's like Jeff Saturday, one of the best professional players ever. I hate to compare MJ to these guys but that's something that all teams look for. A pros pro.
Offline Wade  
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:27:08 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,768
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I never did hear where Nonstop went. My imagination wants me to think he fulfilled his (apparent) life long dream of practicing gynecology, and just forgot about us little folk as he pursued his dreams in-depth, so to speak. Flapper



Well, he has an NFCNorth blog with live interviews and everything (I was on once, zombie was on, what, three time?). I haven't been there in some time. And they just had another child. I'm hoping to get together with them sometime this month.

And, alas, that's all the gossip I know.


None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 7:20:16 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,656
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

It was a sad moment seeing the look on Driver, and knowing they could have had him dressed and even playing. Having Ross active for returning kicks only was kind of a waste of a roster spot if you are putting Cobb back on punts. But there may still be some life for Driver being active this season. With Nelson being hobbled some, I could see Driver being active the next 3 games.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

7h / Random Babble / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StoicFire

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

01-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.