Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
14 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online hardrocker950  
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:01:35 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 88

Our D did next to nothing to adjust for the 2nd half. If you are getting burned by an offense for the first 30 minutes - wouldn't it be obvious that things have to be done differently? Consider that most of us just sitting on the couch playing Madden have the intelligence to switch things up when needed.Duh!

Ok ok, I know that being a DC and playing a video game are quite different - the point being that we as fans know when things need to be adjusted - - Why does this concept seem so difficult for Capers?

While I am not saying they should fire Dom, it should be considered. It would be hard to believe that the average DC could get less production than we have seen the past 2 seasons. It is especially alarming when other team's fans are saying the guy has to go.

From a fan perspective, we deserve better. I personally want him gone, but the guys in the office know the situation better than us.

"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline blueleopard  
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:33:20 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 72

Mike Singletary maybe? I don't know, being a former Bear and all, but he's coaching linebackers for the Vikings.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline musccy  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:38:03 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Mike Singletary maybe? I don't know, being a former Bear and all, but he's coaching linebackers for the Vikings.

Meh...I'd rather go with someone who can keep his pants up during halftime.

tighten the belt
Offline play2win  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:24:18 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

It is easy to point to Capers, especially when his defenses have broken Packers records for futility.

I see this as more of a combination of personnel inadequacies and coaching deficiencies, on both sides of the ball. McCarthy certainly did his defense no favors by calling a mere 13 rushing plays! How the fuck does be expect to control the clock? The game? That was foolish, and he wore out his own defense.

Capers has to own some of this too. Lack of adjustments was glaring.

Thompson needs to own this as well. We looked like boys amongst men vs. both SF (twice), SEA, and NYG. Our personnel simply is not matching up against these much bigger, faster teams.

Who on our DL is to be feared as a pass rushing force? Name one player...
Offline K_Buz  
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:31:07 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 26

Start scouring the college coaching ranks. Harbaugh brought with him his DC from Stanford.
Offline yooperfan  
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:38:25 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 294

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
It is easy to point to Capers, especially when his defenses have broken Packers records for futility.

I see this as more of a combination of personnel inadequacies and coaching deficiencies, on both sides of the ball. McCarthy certainly did his defense no favors by calling a mere 13 rushing plays! How the fuck does be expect to control the clock? The game? That was foolish, and he wore out his own defense.

Capers has to own some of this too. Lack of adjustments was glaring.

Thompson needs to own this as well. We looked like boys amongst men vs. both SF (twice), SEA, and NYG. Our personnel simply is not matching up against these much bigger, faster teams.

Perhaps with regard to the Green Bay Packers personnel deficiencies, which are fairly obvious especially on both O and D lines, perhaps Ted Thompson is really not the draft guru that many make him out to be.
And we (most of us) know that he cowers in the face of freeagency.
Yeah, yeah, I know, Pickett and Woodson and (ahem) Saturday blah blah blah.

Offline musccy  
#57 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:39:28 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Sean Jones? Tim Harris? They may be better options at this point.
Online Zero2Cool  
#58 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:53:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

OLB are supposed to be the pass rushing forces in a 3-4 defense. List off DL whom are a pass rushing force to be feared from other 3-4 defenses. I can think of only Haoli Ngata and I spelled his name wrong.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#59 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:22:43 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
OLB are supposed to be the pass rushing forces in a 3-4 defense. List off DL whom are a pass rushing force to be feared from other 3-4 defenses. I can think of only Haoli Ngata and I spelled his name wrong.

Great point. JJ Watt, Antonio Smith. Pretty much it.

Maybe we are not running the right scheme. Even the Patriots switched back to a 4-3 defense. I think the only teams still in the playoffs running a 3-4 are HOU and BAL.

Lets take it one step further and include the LBs.

Is there anyone rushing the passer not named Matthews that any team fears on the Packers?

Lets face facts. We've gone 2 years now without a legitimate pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews. Lame.
Offline DakotaT  
#60 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,371

Great point. JJ Watt, Antonio Smith. Pretty much it.

Maybe we are not running the right scheme. Even the Patriots switched back to a 4-3 defense. I think the only teams still in the playoffs running a 3-4 are HOU and BAL.

Lets take it one step further and include the LBs.

Is there anyone rushing the passer not named Matthews that any team fears on the Packers?

Lets face facts. We've gone 2 years now without a legitimate pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews. Lame.

Lame, it's unacceptable. I understand there were injuries, but Nick Perry is not a 3-4 OLB because of his limitations in coverage. We need to convert back to a 4-3 defense with Perry being a DE and Mike Neal on the other side. In the middle you go with Pickett, Raji, Wilson, and Daniels. Matthews could play any of the linebacker positions and some DE as well.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed