Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 7:26:17 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:44:17 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.


Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:04:43 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,142
Applause Received: 2,889
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:10:39 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:16:00 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,142
Applause Received: 2,889
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.


Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:51:03 AM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2006(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.


Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!


Nahhh!! :)
Offline mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:39:43 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 283
Applause Received: 462
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.


Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.


You're right. Definitely not a dumb play to get that ball off and it was a good play by Brett. He was however extremely lucky the Dolphins fucked up the coverage as badly as they did cause that should've been knocked down. Skill and luck yields results though.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : new keyboard!
Porforis (18h) : Zero's gone? Where?
gbguy20 (18h) : the troll is gone!!
greengold (23h) : Is that a surprise Zero?
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : NO!!!!!! Packers placed Jordy Nelson on IR.
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Michael Rodney: OLB Adrian Hubbard has been released.
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Whoa, Jared Abbrederris might practice today!!
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Panthers cutting WR Jarrett Boykin
Smokey (31-Aug) : Matt Blanchard = Trade Bait
Zero2Cool (31-Aug) : Matt Blanchard?
Zero2Cool (30-Aug) : Doubt any QB is cut before Thursday. I want to see more of Matt and Brett.
Smokey (30-Aug) : Why be a guest, come join us today !
Zero2Cool (30-Aug) : Hyde is the injury I'm most concerned about. Cobby fine.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl 50
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RainX

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Bigbyfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

31-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy


Tweeter