Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Heatherthepackgirl  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 7:26:17 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:44:17 PM(UTC)
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.

Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:04:43 PM(UTC)
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P
Heatherthepackgirl  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:10:39 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P

LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:16:00 PM(UTC)

LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.

Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!
Heatherthepackgirl  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:51:03 AM(UTC)

Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!

Nahhh!! :)
mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:39:43 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.

Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.

You're right. Definitely not a dumb play to get that ball off and it was a good play by Brett. He was however extremely lucky the Dolphins fucked up the coverage as badly as they did cause that should've been knocked down. Skill and luck yields results though.
Rss Feed