Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages«<56789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MassPackersFan  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:05:02 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Who's talking about the season record? Man, you're really defensive that someone suggested Rodgers performed better than Favre would have, eh? Is that why every post is negative after a division win in the kid's first start?
UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:10:36 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You really think that's a straight up comparison? We didn't hurt ourselves nearly as much with penalties last year, iirc. Plus we had the ball for more possessions because Bollinger was their QB. And the Vikings DB's thought they were practicing a tip drill when Favre threw up one of his gifts and they both batted it to Ruvell in the endzone.

We disagree. No big deal. I will say that a win over the Vikings is more impressive than a win over the Dolphins.

Guess 14-3 isn't good enough for you, eh?

Doubt Rodgers will do that this year....

You doubted he'd play well in last night's game, too. You were wrong.

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm not terribly worried about your predictions.
blank
Offline Roddyboy  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:12:20 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Who's talking about the season record? Man, you're really defensive that someone suggested Rodgers performed better than Favre would have, eh? Is that why every post is negative after a division win in the kid's first start?

No, not really.

Just a "gut feeling".
blank
Offline wpr  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:12:32 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,015
Applause Received: 1,457

I say we lose it with his lack of mobility and a few floaters. Gut feeling, just like yours that we easily win it.

Really?

How did Favre handle the Vikes last year?

Just wonderin'. :thumbleft:

I just figured it out. You are the guy that Tony Kornheiser was talking about last night that when he said the fan (he made a mistake when he said "fans") would say that Brett would have gotten a 1st down when GB had a 1st and 33 on their own 9 yard line. I thought Korny was being stupid as usual. Now I know better he was talking about you.

UserPostedImage

Offline Roddyboy  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:16:03 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Did you see that 2nd TD Favre threw on Sunday?

I think the Jet fans value, understand, and appreciate what Thompson (and many Packer "fans") have foolishly thrown away.

You just may come to understand it by the end of the season, but I doubt that you would come to such wisdom.
blank
Offline wpr  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:17:39 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

By the way RB, if you are going to count the Seattle win you must count the Giants loss. Their record was a darn good 14-4 last year. One that even Brett did not think he could improve on this year.

UserPostedImage

Offline 4PackGirl  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:19:13 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

and CLEARLY you can't understand that there is a section in which you should post your latest diatribe about favre. so, allow me to introduce you to...the BRETT FAVRE section!!! woohoo - it's a great place to discuss him. enjoy! :)
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:21:33 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I think the Jet fans value, understand, and appreciate what Thompson (and many Packer "fans") have foolishly thrown away.

You just may come to understand it by the end of the season, but I doubt that you would come to such wisdom.

Hahaha... the floater? 5 out of 10 times that's an incomplete pass, 3 or 4 times it's a pick. Even Favre said he thought his guy had no chance in hell at catching it. It was a fourth down throwaway and he got lucky.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:22:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

and CLEARLY you can't understand that there is a section in which you should post your latest diatribe about favre. so, allow me to introduce you to...the BRETT FAVRE section!!! woohoo - it's a great place to discuss him. enjoy! :)

Better still:

Oh Roddy Boy the Jets the Jets are calling

UserPostedImage

Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:23:14 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Sigh.

You just don't get it. The only people who are still playing the "Favre Vs. Rodgers" game are people like you. Personally, I'm thrilled he's playing well in NYC -- it'll mean a better draft pick for us, and if he pulls it off he'll be seen as THE best ever, instead of one of the best ever.

I'm also thrilled that Rodgers is playing well, because I'm a Packers fan, and he's our QB.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, except to people who've overly-internalized an event that had absolutely nothing to do with them.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#101 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

Any more Favre laced bait in a thread that should be dedicated to the win last night and this thread will find a new home unfortunately.. wanna make the comparison, take it to the Favre forum, you will be sure to get the discussion you seek.

Please and Thank You.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#102 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:25:23 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 67
Applause Received: 84

Rodgers could have gone 30-30 with 7 tds and 450 yards and Roddy would STILL say, "Favre would have done better."

Seriously man, if you can't be happy with the way Rodgers played yesterday, then you will never be happy. If you are going to say "Favre would have done better." after yesterdays performance, then you have lost all sense of reality. And this is coming from one of Favre's biggest supporters.
Offline wpr  
#103 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:27:52 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Sigh.

You just don't get it. The only people who are still playing the "Favre Vs. Rodgers" game are people like you. Personally, I'm thrilled he's playing well in NYC -- it'll mean a better draft pick for us, and if he pulls it off he'll be seen as THE best ever, instead of one of the best ever.

I'm also thrilled that Rodgers is playing well, because I'm a Packers fan, and he's our QB.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, except to people who've overly-internalized an event that had absolutely nothing to do with them.

Agreed. :thumbleft:

UserPostedImage

Offline 4PackGirl  
#104 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:28:48 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

Any more Favre laced bait in a thread that should be dedicated to the win last night and this thread will find a new home unfortunately.. wanna make the comparison, take it to the Favre forum, you will be sure to get the discussion you seek.

Please and Thank You.

:blowkiss:
UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:31:12 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 27

Anyway,

Who else is psyched that we get to watch the Packers play @ noon next Sunday?

I hate Monday,thurs,sun. night games. Give me noon on Sunday!
blank
Rss Feed