Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
13 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 6:54:22 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Dakota made an excellent point on one of the youngest teams in the NFL, consistently being one of the most injured.

McCarthy needs to check this. I know we've had the big, torque injuries like compound fractures (Sherrod), collarbone fx (Woodson x 2), knees (Worthy, Finley, etc), but there are a lot of others that have kept many players unavailable on Sundays. Matthews misses games with a hammy every year. Williams and House with shoulders.

SF lost 3 players to injury last year?

Something has to give.

We have plenty of open spots for new players to challenge into the 53. While it is early, DL, LB, TE and RB look to be the positions with the most openings. Maybe as many as 2 or 3 each. That doesn't include OL or WR, where new talent should be added. I would think it is safe to say we may see 12 or more new players on our 53 this year.
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 8:07:25 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Dakota made an excellent point on one of the youngest teams in the NFL, consistently being one of the most injured.

McCarthy needs to check this. I know we've had the big, torque injuries like compound fractures (Sherrod), collarbone fx (Woodson x 2), knees (Worthy, Finley, etc), but there are a lot of others that have kept many players unavailable on Sundays. Matthews misses games with a hammy every year. Williams and House with shoulders.

SF lost 3 players to injury last year?

Something has to give.

We have plenty of open spots for new players to challenge into the 53. While it is early, DL, LB, TE and RB look to be the positions with the most openings. Maybe as many as 2 or 3 each. That doesn't include OL or WR, where new talent should be added. I would think it is safe to say we may see 12 or more new players on our 53 this year.


I have to wonder if CM3's hammy injuries are because he knows he is the only one that can get there on a consistent basis so he pushes himself too much trying to get there a half step sooner and ends up pulling or at least tweaking the hammy.

It would be nice if he was able to flush the qb into the waiting arms of the DE or the other way around. The DE or OLB pushes the QB to him.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 3/8/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 8:37:10 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I have to wonder if CM3's hammy injuries are because he knows he is the only one that can get there on a consistent basis so he pushes himself too much trying to get there a half step sooner and ends up pulling or at least tweaking the hammy.

It would be nice if he was able to flush the qb into the waiting arms of the DE or the other way around. The DE or OLB pushes the QB to him.


Yeah, the only locks on our DL IMO are Raji and Pickett. We must be able to do better than CJ Wilson... I really want to see that wpr!!!

How about we ditch Finley's $8.25M cap hit with his release, spend that money, along with some saved by Woodson's release, by signing Goldson at S and Canty at DE, then draft another monster DE in Margus Hunt? I think that should do the trick. Take care of both the front end and the back end of the D, with plenty of picks to spare.
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 10:34:40 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, the only locks on our DL IMO are Raji and Pickett. We must be able to do better than CJ Wilson... I really want to see that wpr!!!

How about we ditch Finley's $8.25M cap hit with his release, spend that money, along with some saved by Woodson's release, by signing Goldson at S and Canty at DE, then draft another monster DE in Margus Hunt? I think that should do the trick. Take care of both the front end and the back end of the D, with plenty of picks to spare.


make it so.

Hunt has the ability to be a young Reggie White.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:36:40 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 456

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, the only locks on our DL IMO are Raji and Pickett. We must be able to do better than CJ Wilson... I really want to see that wpr!!!

How about we ditch Finley's $8.25M cap hit with his release, spend that money, along with some saved by Woodson's release, by signing Goldson at S and Canty at DE, then draft another monster DE in Margus Hunt? I think that should do the trick. Take care of both the front end and the back end of the D, with plenty of picks to spare.



play2win,

I like you're thinking, I just hope you don't get too dissapointed when this doesn't happen.

We will all find out in a few days, but Teds track record has shown he is not going to jump into FA with the checkbook open.

He will probably wait and let other teams throw their money at all the 1st tier fa's then see what is left.

I think it's been proven that a team cannot buy a championship.

Like it or not, Ted seems to be more loyal to his draft picks and UDFA's he has signed than other GM's.

He is going to give them every chance in the world to develope and become part of The Team.

Never know, this could be the year, Ted goes crazy and brings in a top FA, but odds are he won't.

With Pickett's career probably coming to an end soon, I agree that Ted will look for at least 1 DE, probably a DT also.

Supposably there is a lot of D-line talent to be drafted this year, let's just see what happens.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:08:04 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,366

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
play2win,

I like you're thinking, I just hope you don't get too dissapointed when this doesn't happen.

We will all find out in a few days, but Teds track record has shown he is not going to jump into FA with the checkbook open.

He will probably wait and let other teams throw their money at all the 1st tier fa's then see what is left.

I think it's been proven that a team cannot buy a championship.

Like it or not, Ted seems to be more loyal to his draft picks and UDFA's he has signed than other GM's.

He is going to give them every chance in the world to develope and become part of The Team.

Never know, this could be the year, Ted goes crazy and brings in a top FA, but odds are he won't.

With Pickett's career probably coming to an end soon, I agree that Ted will look for at least 1 DE, probably a DT also.

Supposably there is a lot of D-line talent to be drafted this year, let's just see what happens.



Pickett and Raji should rotate at NT only. Neither should be a DE in this defense, which means we need more quality at DE. I think Jolly is going to be given a chance, which means we have room for two more. Guys like Canty and Jenkins are probably at the top of the list. I'd say Daniels and CJ Wilson will be competing for jobs and we will probably add at least two more in the draft. I really wish we would play more 3 down lineman vs that 2 man crap, but I guess when you are d-line deficient you have no choice but to put your dbs into the lineup.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/9/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:06:37 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
play2win,

I like you're thinking, I just hope you don't get too dissapointed when this doesn't happen.

We will all find out in a few days, but Teds track record has shown he is not going to jump into FA with the checkbook open.

He will probably wait and let other teams throw their money at all the 1st tier fa's then see what is left.

I think it's been proven that a team cannot buy a championship.

Like it or not, Ted seems to be more loyal to his draft picks and UDFA's he has signed than other GM's.

He is going to give them every chance in the world to develope and become part of The Team.

Never know, this could be the year, Ted goes crazy and brings in a top FA, but odds are he won't.

With Pickett's career probably coming to an end soon, I agree that Ted will look for at least 1 DE, probably a DT also.

Supposably there is a lot of D-line talent to be drafted this year, let's just see what happens.



Yeah. Must.... Temper....... All....... Enthusiasm. It IS Ted after all.

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 2:12:07 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 456

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah. Must.... Temper....... All....... Enthusiasm. It IS Ted after all.



22 hours till start of FA!!!!

Iexpect to hear from Ted in about 96 hours!!!!lol

C'mon Ted, SURPRISE US ALL!!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
22 hours till start of FA!!!!

Iexpect to hear from Ted in about 96 hours!!!!lol

C'mon Ted, SURPRISE US ALL!!!!!


I wouldn't expect to hear from the Packers for a couple weeks at the earliest. After the first tier overpaid/overpriced talent is off the table.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 3:50:26 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 632
Applause Received: 290

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
22 hours till start of FA!!!!

Iexpect to hear from Ted in about 96 hours!!!!lol

C'mon Ted, SURPRISE US ALL!!!!!


Being a Green Bay Packers fan I don't find freeagency exciting at all anymore.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
FLORIDA PACKER88 on 3/11/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
13 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Reignman

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind