Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:12:53 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Punter- Masthay (This may be the only no-brainer on the roster that is not named Rodgers or Matthews!)
LS- Goode
PK- Crosby

PR- Cobb
KR- I suggest that Cobb be removed from this duty. Since I know nothing about his actual skills, I am going to suggest to Mike McCarthy that he look at Harris as KR. He appears to have the speed and quickness to be a KR. Not as shifty as Cobb, but that's not always as necessary at KR as PR. He may not be able to catch the ball, but...

I also think Bush is gone. He is getting old and expensive for someone that really only plays ST. I like him as a player, just think he is a Cap casualty.
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:42:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Punter- Masthay (This may be the only no-brainer on the roster that is not named Rodgers or Matthews!)
LS- Goode
PK- Crosby

PR- Cobb
KR- I suggest that Cobb be removed from this duty. Since I know nothing about his actual skills, I am going to suggest to Mike McCarthy that he look at Harris as KR. He appears to have the speed and quickness to be a KR. Not as shifty as Cobb, but that's not always as necessary at KR as PR. He may not be able to catch the ball, but...

I also think Bush is gone. He is getting old and expensive for someone that really only plays ST. I like him as a player, just think he is a Cap casualty.

They'll look at Ross on KOs. I have no problem with grooming Ross as PR either, but not as a rookie in the playoffs. If we do lose Jennings, Cobb becomes that much more valuable.

I also fully expect Crosby to be challenged.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:02:18 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

it will be nice to have two guys who can return kicks/punts. I suspect they will keep Cobb on for a while but I would prefer him to focus on his WR duties.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:45:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,373

Didn't Cobb just have one of the greatest all purpose yardage seasons of all time. Yeah, I think it would be ludicrous to take him off returning. You can't play the game of football trying to be "safe". Everybody on the 45 man game day roster should be ready to play some special teams. Hell Rodgers should be a backup holder.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:31:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Didn't Cobb just have one of the greatest all purpose yardage seasons of all time. Yeah, I think it would be ludicrous to take him off returning. You can't play the game of football trying to be "safe". Everybody on the 45 man game day roster should be ready to play some special teams. Hell Rodgers should be a backup holder.

When you're on the field for offense, kick return and punt return, you should amass many yards. If the Packers draft a solid WR that could be an adequate 3rd WR I am fine with Randall Cobb on kick returns an punt returns.

Current slate of WR. Greg Jennings, probably gone. Jordy Nelson and James Jones are 1 and 2. Cobb is 3. There is a huge drop off after Cobb, especially if Jermichael Finley is not retained.
Code:

11	Boykin, Jarrett	WR	6-2	218	23	 R	Virginia Tech
18	Cobb, Randall	WR	5-10	192	22	 2	Kentucky
85	Jennings, Greg	WR	5-11	198	29	 7	Western Michigan
89	Jones, James	WR	6-1	208	28	 6	San Jose State
87	Nelson, Jordy	WR	6-3	217	27	 5	Kansas State
10	Ross, Jeremy	WR	6-0	215	24	 1	California

I think Jeremy Ross can be as effective, if not more than Cobb on returns. That for me makes it easy to take Cobb off them and exploit his talents offensively.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:29:47 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Did he have one of the greatest seasons of all time as a returner.... no, so who gives a crap how many all purpose yards he had? Ross had two 40+ yard returns this year and Cobb had 3. It's not like Cobb has been some unstoppable force in the return game and it would be horrible to lose him there. If they can get someone to come up with decent production there and have reliable hands then there is really no reason to have Cobb out there.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 10:17:39 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

I don't look at it as being safe. I look at it as not wearing him out. Cobb is not Devin Hester. Cobb actually is necessary to our offense, especially with Jennings gone. I think playing a major role on O and being the #1 PR & KR is physically too much to expect peak performance all year.
Rss Feed