Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages«<23
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:47:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,024

It'd be nice if people could answer questions I ask, rather than waiting for me to find the answers. Buttheads! :)

Pete Dougherty wrote:
The agent for Charles Woodson said that as far as he knows, the Packers didn’t discuss reducing Charles Woodson’s contract before deciding to release him today.

Carl Poston, Woodson’s agent, said that based on his telephone conversation with Woodson today, the Packers called Woodson to their offices to inform him of their decision. Woodson was going to make $10 million in salary and bonuses this year.

“I know there’s a salary-cap issue because of the kind of money he was going to make this year,” Poston told the Press-Gazette “But I don’t know that they even – they didn’t talk to me at all, they just talked to Charles. Charles didn’t bring (a pay cut) up, so I have to think they didn’t mention it. I think they just felt they needed to go in a different direction.”

Poston said his understanding is that general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy met with Woodson to deliver the news.

“They met this morning,” Poston said, “talked face to face, it was a brief meeting. He said they thanked him for everything he brought to the table, they said, ‘Charles, you’re one of the greatest to ever play the game and we wanted to thank you for everything.’ He thanked them for the opportunity. I guess they kind of hugged and ‘farewell.’”

Poston also said that the 36-year-old Woodson was not upset at Thompson and McCarthy for their decision.

“Oh no, he just looked at it as a part of business,” Poston said. “I asked him, I said ‘How do you feel?’ He said, ‘I’m fine. I’m just going to sit back and spend some time with my wife and kids. I’m good.’ I was a little worried, because when we did the (contract) extension (in 2010), the whole idea behind the extension was he was going to retire a Packer and hopefully go into the (Pro Football) Hall of Fame as a Packer. That’s not to say he won’t, but I just thought that was the clear path and he’d retire a Packer.”

Poston said Woodson definitely intends on playing this season.

"He told me, 'Carl, I’ve got the bug,'" Poston said. "I want to win another Super Bowl. I was hoping it was going to be with Green Bay, I thought I was going to retire a Packer. But it takes two to dance, and if they don’t want to dance I have to find somebody else to do it.'"

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#47 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:47:26 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,828
Applause Received: 1,364

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann on 2/16/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 2/16/2013(UTC), Dulak on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:41:07 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 98

geez - why do they have to release him? cant they just cut his pay a bit? ... ya he was a bit slower but like people have said a Great leader on the team ... damn think of those 2 years leading up to the SB ... during preseason he was saying SB or bust ...

he's got his eyes on the prize - I want him on our team just for the motivation for our team
Offline shield4life  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:10:17 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Sucks for Woody but some players need to understand that you eventually hit a decline. I love Woodson but his gotten much slower and his injury didn't help. Wish him good luck in the future but I don't see him playing more then 1 - 2 years max.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#50 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 3:36:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,024

Great pic ...
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
11301_558148170870274_1536970126_n.jpg (109kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Rss Feed