Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:36:30 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: JustJeff Go to Quoted Post
Random comments in reply to several posts.

Barrett Jones... I've warmed to him. Academic All American as well as All American. As the Walter excerpt points out, he's very technically sound. He's versatile. He could get you through a game at Tackle, but let's not kid ourselves, TJ Lang could get you through a game at Tackle. That doesn't mean that you consider it anything other than an emergency option.

I think Jones would do fine at Center, but I believe his best pro position is guard. My concern at either slot is the lack of upside. Jones could start tomorrow. I think he would be rock-solid for ten years at center or guard. I think what you would get for that is an AJ Hawk-like player... a solid starter whom you like, but you've seen all he's got very early. There's nothing wrong with that, but...

Montee Ball, some think he'll produce on Sundays, some don't. I think he will. I don't think he'll be a stud, but very good value where he's likely to be selected. My concern about Ball isn't whether his game translates to the next level, but the tread. He's had a LOT of carries already. I always view runners as having a certain number of carries in them, Ball has used a lot them already.

The difference between Jones and Hawk is like 21 picks. Sure you expect impact picking in the top 10 but we're not. I'm not sure we could ask more than a steady 10 year performer....dead in front of our All-Everything QB. I don't know where people get that the guy is just steady and not more. He's a two time All-American and Remington Award winner. Plus, he's like a Rhodes Scholar. I mean he's supposed to be brilliant.

However, following your thinking then they SHOULD pick Keenan Allen if he's around. He's projected as a top 10 to 15 guy on a lot of boards. Higher than all the other possibilities being thrown around in this thread.

Wouldn't be my favorite pick but over a period of time he may produce a ton with who he's got throwing to him.

But it's highly unlikely unless we just luck up that there is a "big" guy on the OL or DL by the time we come around that becomes a huge impact. Not one projected to anyways.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline play2win  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:46:02 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I will say it again.. especially after watching him for years on Saturday's.. if the Packers have a chance at Ball in the late second or third.. they are going to regret passing him up. Custom made back for this offense.. one cut runner, can catch out of the backfield and has enough power at 215 to give us the tough yardage.

I wasn't sold on Dayne, Moss, Davis or Clay coming out of Wisconsin.. but this kid is a different breed of Wisconsin backs.

I would have no problem with the Packers adding Montee Ball at RB. That would be great.
Rss Feed