Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:20:07 PM(UTC)
He may play for a team I have an immense amount of dislike for, but that is pretty good stuff coming from the kid from the state of Wisconsin.

Tip of the hat young man.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
ROMOS GOOD DEED
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2008, 10:25 a.m.

Though were always skeptical of celebrities and pro athletes who do something nice for someone else and then send an e-mail to every newspaper in the country announcing their good deed, weve got a feeling that the recent Samaritan-style actions of Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo werent intended to garner the kind of good karma that comes from, say, a grandstanding donation of $10,000 to a smattering of charitable causes. (Then again, grandstanding donations of $10,000 to a smattering of charitable causes didnt help Mike Vick in the karma department.)

On his way home from Sundays game against the Browns, Romo stopped to help a couple who was struggling to repair a flat tire.

Bill and Sharon White didnt initially recognize Romo, due in part to the bandage on his chin that was covering the 13 stitches he received after taking a helmet to the jaw.

The light flickered for Sharon White while Romo was working on the tire. He didnt answer when she asked if he was who he is. She repeated her question when he finished pumping air into the tire from a cigarette-lighter compressor.

I didnt want to bother him, Sharon said, but I asked again, Youre Tony Romo, right? I knew it was him by then. But he smiled and said, Yes, maam. I did something no 50-year-old woman should be doing, but I screamed real loud, and then jumped up and hugged him.

Her husband, Bill, was less concerned about his wifes PDA with a studly young athlete than he was about ruining his ability to watch the Cowboys-Browns game without knowing the outcome: Dont tell me how you guys did, Bill White said. Im going home to watch it.

Romo didnt publicize his actions at all; the team didnt even know about it as of Wednesday. If Sharon White hadnt sent an e-mail to Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the story might never have been known.

He gets almost knocked cold in that game, and I read it took 13 stitches to close the cut, and then theres a long flight home and Tonys got to be dog tired, but he still was a good enough person to stop and help us, Bill White said.

Look, were driving a 10-year old car that is sitting in a parking lot with a flat tire in the dead of night. He could tell by that were nothing special. But heres a young man making millions of dollars, and hes got all this fame and glory, and he does this? . . . This was a good person we met. A good person with small-town values despite all the big-city fame and fortune.

[I]f I ever had the opportunity, Id also like to thank two other people. His mom and dad. They obviously raised him right
TheEngineer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:25:10 PM(UTC)
Yeah, really nice story.
Packers_Finland  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:43:53 PM(UTC)
I always thought Romo was a distraction type of guy, bit like TO. Not after reading this.
4PackGirl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:04:54 PM(UTC)
great story. a simple reminder to us all to help people in need. :)
bavpb  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:08:50 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

Have a nice day,
Harald
Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:53:12 PM(UTC)
That was a good read. We hear so much about the BAD guys.........good to know they ALL arn't like that!
nathaniel  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 12:55:45 AM(UTC)
Sounds like a good kid. It's nice to hear the good stories for once...but I still hope Kampman takes him down a few times when we play them. Haha!
TeamGB  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 7:59:31 AM(UTC)
From what I gather he is a top bloke, does quite abit of work with kids at football campos and so forth... and a great QB to boot!
gbpfan  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 4:32:11 PM(UTC)
sure was nice of him
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yes!!!!!
Porforis (10h) : "I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!" - Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool (13h) : I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!
uffda udfa (13h) : @ProFootballDoc says Rodgers could return Week 14 at earliest, and surgery speeds up return timeline.
Zero2Cool (14h) : McCarthy dropped a "bullshit" on packers.com stream. No delay apparently lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : @AaronNagler One thing is crystal clear: McCarthy is pissed at the way his team played yesterday.
Smokey (14h) : 2017 Packers are done , time to focus on the 2018 NFL Draft .
Zero2Cool (14h) : Mike McCarthy says Aaron Rodgers "suffered a significant injury". Will require surgery. Potentially season could be over.
Zero2Cool (14h) : McCarthy --Rodgers will have surgery. Potentially season is over.
Zero2Cool (15h) : NaVaorro Bowman will get his full-year salary from the 49ers AND get another $3 million from the Raiders.
Smokey (15h) : COOL !
Zero2Cool (15h) : added a links dropdown with some misc web links
Zero2Cool (16h) : Today's Birthdays: Laser Gunns (26)
Zero2Cool (16h) : #Packers have placed CB Quinten Rollins (ankle) on injured reserve to make room for QB Joe Callahan. Rollins was carted off yesterday.
Zero2Cool (18h) : ... no
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : Are you predicting a midseason collapse for the Eagles, Panthers, and Falcons?
Zero2Cool (22h) : Rodgers comes back week 16 to beat Vikings and secure home field advantage. It has been said, it will be done.
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Romo's back wouldn't hold out two games behind the Green Bay line.
Zero2Cool (23h) : No one wants Tony Romo on Packers. Can we please stop this? It's already old.
uffda udfa (16-Oct) : Tony Romo among those bandied about to replace Rodgers
beast (15-Oct) : Brit Favre is a lawyer now http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2481306-brittany-favre-mallion-daughter-of-a-qb-legend-creates-her-own-greatne
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : dneedles12 I have covered the Packers for 30 years, watched them for almost 50. Never seen a game with this many injuries. #dontblametrainin
Smokey (15-Oct) : Where's Brit Favre , he's still got it .
Nonstopdrivel (15-Oct) : There's some speculation on Twitter that Green Bay might try to re-sign Bart Starr.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Maybe having the starting OL intact wasn't so good.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : BAKH AND BULAGA!
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Michael Beller ? @MBeller
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jordy Nelson six TDs on 19 catches? That can’t help but slow down.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : OUT: CB Kevin King CB Davon House LB Ahmad Brooks OL Adam Pankey DT Montravious Adams LB Joe Thomas S Morgan Burnett
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : First time this season that Aaron Rodgers will have both starting tackles Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari..
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GO! PACK! GO!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GOOD Mornimg Packer Fans! Gameday!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : Brown us the new black!
Smokey (15-Oct) : Your just wrong Nerd, and you don't even know it .
nerdmann (15-Oct) : Blue is neutral.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM