Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<56789>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline porky88  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:04:48 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 376

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm as excited as anybody with how well Rodgers has played the last two games, but the real test will be against Dallas. He played well against them last year, but they'll be prepared for him this time. I'm confident, though that if he plays his game, we'll do fine.

Plus, all those Favre-knobbers won't be able to diss Rodgers based on the Dallas game, cause Favre only beat them twice in his career.


Big deal.

2 Whole Games....wow.

Make room in the HOF. :lol:

It's interesting that the Packers almost lost both of those games against weak opponents with (0-2) records. But go on. It's a party of finger pointing and "I told you so's" around here, I guess.

The big test, however will be when Big D comes to town next week, and oh yeah....there's a little thing called the 16 game season that the "annointed one" has yet to complete. But go ahead, "crown 'em, if you want crown 'em". :thumbleft:

Just don't come cryin' to me if the messiah doesn't fulfill the lofty promises that you are laying at his feet.

I still say that Rodgers is a Tedford System QB that once the rest of the league figures him and the Packer's out, doesn't have the improv skills to win games for you.

He was lucky the Defense stepped up (or rather, the Defense was lucky that they were facing T. Jackson and John Kitna), because there could be 2 Losses rather than wins in the column. And let me tell you, Tony Romo will not make those mistakes to bail the Packers out.

Let me put it this way, if A-Rod was on the Jets, they would 0-2.

Chew on that, Rodger's knob polishers.....


Couple of things with this post and other comments

Your right that it's just two games. I don't think bad teams matter much. The NFL is a tough league and for a first time starter to come in and play as well as he has is certainly encouraging.

You also mentioned that Rodgers is lucky the defense stepped up. How? They gave up a 21 point lead to fall behind by a point. Rodgers did lead the Packers to the go ahead field goal. He hit Jennings right in stride on a slant route that was as well executed as any QB/WR combo in the league could run.

Rodgers was every bit of the reason why the Packers are 2-0 right now as everyone else. Much like Favre was last year.

Dallas is going to be tough. I think GB will lose by 10 points due to I think our defense is going to get ripped apart. However that is one game. Much like these past two games are one game, by logic you can't consider next Sunday's game a make or break for Aaron Rodgers specifically. It's important but in the big picture it's not the end of the world if they lose it.

If we are measuring Dallas as a big test for Rodgers then I thnk we need to remember that Favre I believe only beat the Cowboys two times in his career.

My point being is I think everyone whether you are a Packer fan or a Favre fan or both, needs to take it one game at a time and see what happens.
Offline Cheesey  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:23:58 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm as excited as anybody with how well Rodgers has played the last two games, but the real test will be against Dallas. He played well against them last year, but they'll be prepared for him this time. I'm confident, though that if he plays his game, we'll do fine.

Plus, all those Favre-knobbers won't be able to diss Rodgers based on the Dallas game, cause Favre only beat them twice in his career.


Big deal.

2 Whole Games....wow.

Make room in the HOF. :lol:

It's interesting that the Packers almost lost both of those games against weak opponents with (0-2) records. But go on. It's a party of finger pointing and "I told you so's" around here, I guess.

The big test, however will be when Big D comes to town next week, and oh yeah....there's a little thing called the 16 game season that the "annointed one" has yet to complete. But go ahead, "crown 'em, if you want crown 'em". :thumbleft:

Just don't come cryin' to me if the messiah doesn't fulfill the lofty promises that you are laying at his feet.

I still say that Rodgers is a Tedford System QB that once the rest of the league figures him and the Packer's out, doesn't have the improv skills to win games for you.

He was lucky the Defense stepped up (or rather, the Defense was lucky that they were facing T. Jackson and John Kitna), because there could be 2 Losses rather than wins in the column. And let me tell you, Tony Romo will not make those mistakes to bail the Packers out.

Let me put it this way, if A-Rod was on the Jets, they would 0-2.

Chew on that, Rodger's knob polishers.....


Couple of things with this post and other comments

Your right that it's just two games. I don't think bad teams matter much. The NFL is a tough league and for a first time starter to come in and play as well as he has is certainly encouraging.

You also mentioned that Rodgers is lucky the defense stepped up. How? They gave up a 21 point lead to fall behind by a point. Rodgers did lead the Packers to the go ahead field goal. He hit Jennings right in stride on a slant route that was as well executed as any QB/WR combo in the league could run.

Rodgers was every bit of the reason why the Packers are 2-0 right now as everyone else. Much like Favre was last year.

Dallas is going to be tough. I think GB will lose by 10 points due to I think our defense is going to get ripped apart. However that is one game. Much like these past two games are one game, by logic you can't consider next Sunday's game a make or break for Aaron Rodgers specifically. It's important but in the big picture it's not the end of the world if they lose it.

If we are measuring Dallas as a big test for Rodgers then I thnk we need to remember that Favre I believe only beat the Cowboys two times in his career.

My point being is I think everyone whether you are a Packer fan or a Favre fan or both, needs to take it one game at a time and see what happens.

WAY too much logic Porky. :thumbright:
Hey Roddy........arn't the Packers 2-0 now? And arn't the Jets 1-1? Didn't the Jets lose in large part to the fact that Favre threw a bone head interception? You say if Aaron Rodgers was on the Jets, they would be 0-2 right now. Well, if Favre was still here, maybe the Packers would be 0-2 right now!
See? Anyone can throw out BS that means nothing, even me! Cause fact is......we are undefeated right now, the Jets arn't.
I UNDERSTAND that your dissapointed Favre isn't here anymore. I GET it.
But what will it take for you to back the team you SAY you are a fan of? We are 2-0! Aaron Rodgers has been playing INCREDIBLE! If Favre had done what Aaron Rodgers has done here so far, you'd be praising Favre to no end. But Aaron Rodgers does it, and you pretend it means NOTHING. I don't get it.
(Really, i do......you hate Ted Thompson for taking Favre's retirement litterally. And NOTHING he or Aaron Rodgers or this team does will make you admit it just might have been the best move for the Packers.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Roddyboy  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:19:14 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)


How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.

For example, if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, is it still the best move?

The Jets are 1-1, but you conveniently don't mention that BF has only been there since August, and is learning an ENTIRELY NEW OFFENSE with ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Don't forget that part of the equation, because it's important.

Also, doesn't it logically follow that if BF took the Packers to the NFC Championship game last year, that he would be your best bet to take you beyond that this year, instead of a guy who never started in the NFL?

If you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to take you as far this year as BF took you last year, I think that you are going to be greatly disappointed....

To me, for Ted Thompson to get rid of the best chance BF to take you to the SB makes no sense, and is highly illogical....but that's just me, I guess....

:lol:
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:42:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.


I got to this and came to a screeching halt.

Green Bay Packers, 2 - 0.


Yeah, NO IDEA, none once so ever. :P
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:46:27 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.

For example, if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, is it still the best move?

The Jets are 1-1, but you conveniently don't mention that BF has only been there since August, and is learning an ENTIRELY NEW OFFENSE with ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Don't forget that part of the equation, because it's important.

Also, doesn't it logically follow that if BF took the Packers to the NFC Championship game last year, that he would be your best bet to take you beyond that this year, instead of a guy who never started in the NFL?

If you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to take you as far this year as BF took you last year, I think that you are going to be greatly disappointed....

To me, forTed Thompsonto get rid of the best chance BF to take you to the SB makes no sense, and is highly illogical....but that's just me, I guess....

:lol:

Yes......i do. We are 2-0, right? Wouldn't that show that it's been the right move?
If the Packers DO make the playoffs, will YOU admit it was the right move?
You say i "conveniently" don't mention Favre is in a new offense. You "conveniently" don't mention that the last two game are Rodgers first and second start in the NFL! Yet he has done great, wouldn't you admit?

As far as Favre being the best bet to lead us farther this year, there was no more guarentee that he would have got us farther, or even as far as we made it last year. Look at what he had last year, yet we couldn't "win it all".

You might THINK i'll end up dissapointed this year.....but FACT is, you have NO way of knowing how this season will end up, anymore then i do. What i have seen so far is 100% positive from AR. No bone headed INTS. Not trying to "force" anything. Being able to get yards with his legs. Leadership. Not ONE negative thing. Yet you talk as if we are 0-2, got whomped by the Vikings and Lions, and Aaron Rodgers threw 7 picks and no touchdowns.

Favre is another year older, and it shows. Is he still pretty good? Yes. But fact is, he's NOT the QB here anymore. And no amount of pissing and moaning is going to change that, right?
You claim to be a Packer fan, and took me to task when i questioned you on it. Yet you have had NOTHING good to say about the team since Favre retired/unretired/retired/unretired. You blame Ted Thompson for it, when it was Favre that caused it, period. No retirement, he would be here now. End of disscussion.
WE are 2-0, llok great, yet you STILL are TRYING to pick it all apart. Doesn't sound like much of a fan of the team if you ask me. Actions speak louder then words.
Can you be pissed at Ted Thompson and still be a Packer fan? Yup. But then be pissed at TT, not AR, who has worked his butt off for this team, and who so far has been even MORE then i hoped for. Give the guy his due! And if you ARE a Packer fan, get behind the guy! He did NOTHING wrong.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:25:11 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Can you be pissed atTed Thompsonand still be a Packer fan? Yup. But then be pissed at TT, not AR, who has worked his butt off for this team, and who so far has been even MORE then i hoped for. Give the guy his due! And if you ARE a Packer fan, get behind the guy! He did NOTHING wrong.


That's the point I was trying to make. If anyone should be pissed at anyone that BF is gone, don't take it out on Aaron Rodgers . Aaron Rodgers 's doing a fine job so far replacing BF , and deserves credit. But if you're pissed, be pissed at management, not Aaron Rodgers .
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dingus  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:41:51 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Revisionist history is as american as apple pie these days!
Ted Thompson drove Favre to retirement! Ha!

Who crowned Aaron Rodgers here? BF quit, remember? Aaron Rodgers happened to be his back up. Logical that he get the nod as starter, right?

I don't recall many people on this board thinking that Aaron Rodgers was the "messiah", just waiting for our washed up old QB BF to retire.

BF complains about the little things that his BOSS (!) didn't do for him, i.e: no moss, no mooch, no wahle, yet fields a TEAM (!) that gets to the championship game and said boss should be run out of town?

We could very well be sitting at 2-2 in a couple of weeks, we could very well be undefeated in the same time frame and all I can say is you would much prefer the former.

Like I've said after most of your rants, You are not a GBP fan!

(Zero, didn't you say something about a helmet icon?)
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:04:36 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.



If you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to take you as far this year as BF took you last year, I think that you are going to be greatly disappointed....

To me, forTed Thompsonto get rid of the best chance BF to take you to the SB makes no sense, and is highly illogical....but that's just me, I guess....


When was last time BF got that close to a SB? And it took him how long to get that close???

Point is he wasn't getting there before Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy

So isnt it logical to think that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy might know what they are doing?

So to sit here and say BF WAS/IS the best chance to get to the SB I think is not a true statement to make..

Because history has shown he hasn't done it in last 10 years..

So why is it others have no idea what Rodgers will do..

but you know he wont succeed
Offline obi1  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:56:03 PM(UTC)
obi1

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.

For example, if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, is it still the best move?

The Jets are 1-1, but you conveniently don't mention that BF has only been there since August, and is learning an ENTIRELY NEW OFFENSE with ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Don't forget that part of the equation, because it's important.

Also, doesn't it logically follow that if BF took the Packers to the NFC Championship game last year, that he would be your best bet to take you beyond that this year, instead of a guy who never started in the NFL?

If you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to take you as far this year as BF took you last year, I think that you are going to be greatly disappointed....

To me, forTed Thompsonto get rid of the best chance BF to take you to the SB makes no sense, and is highly illogical....but that's just me, I guess....

:lol:


OK why don't YOU tell us what your IDEA is? Bottom line(s)
1. Packers offense has looked great with A-Rod
2. Packers are 2-0, soon to be 3-0.
3. Packers would be no better off right now WITH Brett Favre.
4. Brett Favre concocted his retirement so that he can leave the team... HE did not want to be here. Who would want THAT player to be leading your team? ANY team?!
5. Rodgers is the right man right now with these players/coaches/gameplan. Favre is a JET! He is inconsequential in the Packers outcome or results.

So Chase, we would like to help solve your dilemna of years of anti-establishment, negative self worth, "we are being victimized", attitude.

For your info, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have led the Packers to a 22-12 record in 2 years and a loss in the NFC championship game.

The GREATEST coach/GM of the Packers was Vince Lombardi and he took his Talent laden Packers to 15-9 record after two years and a loss to the Eagles in the nfl championship game in his 2nd year.

As far fetched as it sounds, IF history repeats itself, Packers should win it all. So lets give the new Packer brass some leaway until they prove either YOU or me right.
blank
Offline RaiderPride  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:34:05 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 105
Applause Received: 195

"Chew on that, Rodger's knob polishers....."

LOLOL What a fricken essay.

I am not a smart guy. But I do know this.... Be fricking original if you are going to try to write an essay on why Chico will fail. Come up with your own post. Your own thoughts.

It will do you no good in life to copy and post from another forum, change a few words and call it your own thoughts.

Be fricking original. I am sure you do have a mind of your own, try to use it. It will amaze you, what you can do with your own mind.

Then again, if it makes you happy to be un-original and a personality photo copy of someone who is a better blogger than you, so be it.

That is indeed your choice.

I am thinking that your younger brother was better at a great deal of things than you were. Perhaps your parents let you know that too often.

Just be frickin original. Go with the flow.

I wish you well in your personal development.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline wpr  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:37:35 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,965
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
"Chew on that, Rodger's knob polishers....."

LOLOL What a fricken essay.

I am not a smart guy. But I do know this.... Be fricking original if you are going to try to write an essay on why Chico will fail. Come up with your own post. Your own thoughts.

It will do you no good in life to copy and post from another forum, change a few words and call it your own thoughts.

Be fricking original. I am sure you do have a mind of your own, try to use it. It will amaze you, what you can do with your own mind.

Then again, if it makes you happy to be un-original and a personality photo copy of someone who is a better blogger than you, so be it.

That is indeed your choice.

I am thinking that your younger brother was better at a great deal of things than you were. Perhaps your parents let you know that too often.

Just be frickin original. Go with the flow.

I wish you well in your personal development.



RP you are being kinda hard on a guy "who has 40 applause points. So he must be doing something right". Shame on you I know this because some time last week he reminded us of this. ::roll:
I figure the only way he gets 40 applause over night is to have 2 sign in names and come in as the other name and give himself the applause for the roddy name. :pukeleft: He was probably up till 2 AM giving himself a pat on the back. It was probably all bruised for the next few days.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:27:21 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

If the Packers DO make the playoffs, will YOU admit it was the right move?


Cheesey, I understand why you're asking this question -- but you already know the answer, as does everyone else.

No, he won't admit that. No, he won't relent and congratulate Rodgers on a successful inaugural season, or Thompson on having compiled all this young talent, or McCarthy on coaching the kids up to such a surprising level.

IF he shows up after the Pack make the playoffs, he'll more likely claim that they'd never have gotten so far if Favre hadn't mentored Rodgers and helped lay the foundation for success. Or something similar -- he won't give credit where credit is due, because his concern isn't for the well-being of the Green Bay Packers. His only concern is being on the winning side of some internet argument -- all he wants is to be "right".

I'd say it's a fair bet that if the Packers do manage to make it into the playoffs, he and his ilk will be conspicuously absent from places like this one. And I'm okay with that.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have a seriously fun young team to watch. I think we'll be just fine.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:37:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

I'd have to say the Packers offense does not look great under Rodgers. The passing game looks great, but the running game I feel is lacking.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:57:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'd have to say the Packers offense does not look great under Rodgers. The passing game looks great, but the running game I feel is lacking.


Grant should have been rested in week 2. Bad move by Mike McCarthy .

I think we'll see 70%+ passing against the Cows. Take advantage of their safeties.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dingus  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:02:31 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

AR 's running game looks good though!
blank
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
10 Pages«<56789>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.832 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

34m / Random Babble / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

13h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

15h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

19h / Around The NFL / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.