Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<78910>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:36:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

So cheesey likes to watch a boy run... hmm

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dingus  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:45:29 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

Cheesey,

I figured it out long ago but I thought bringing it up might do him some good! Maybe he'll go back and re-read the posts, you know, to try and COMPREHEND them!

Maybe this will help too:

SARCASM is defined as "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt"

And you don't want some of what I'm smoking cuz it's a very WEAK batch, wouldn't wish it on anybody.
blank
Offline wpr  
#123 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:01:39 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,747
Applause Received: 1,317

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

But, you can't convince me, and the rest of the country, that it was a wise move byTed Thompson to get rid of your HOF QB the year after he just took you to the NFC Championship game and was poised to take you to the SB. That kind of logic is laughable.

Not necessarily so. Branch Rickey is in the baseball HOF. He once said,
"Trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late."

Since there are not many years left for Brett it is incredible that GB could get a 2nd round pick for him.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline RaiderPride  
#124 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:00:47 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 98
Applause Received: 187

Not necessarily so. Branch Rickey is in the baseball HOF. He once said, "Trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late."

Since there are not many years left for Brett it is incredible that GB could get a 2nd round pick for him.

Brilliant! I have never heard that quote before, from a "Hall Of Famer Which gives it credibility."

WPR.... Good stuff.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline wpr  
#125 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:51:08 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Not necessarily so. Branch Rickey is in the baseball HOF. He once said, "Trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late."

Brilliant! I have never heard that quote before, from a "Hall Of Famer Which gives it credibility."

WPR.... Good stuff.

Growing up a Cardinal fan, I heard Jack Buck repeat it every single time a great player was traded. Unfortunately not all the GM's got the same value for the good ones as did Rickey.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#126 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:11:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

WPR.... Good stuff.

Also, I believe Ron Wolf said it was better to cut a guy a year too early than a year to late.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Roddyboy  
#127 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:05:51 AM(UTC)
Roddyboy

But, you can't convince me, and the rest of the country, that it was a wise move byTed Thompson to get rid of your HOF QB the year after he just took you to the NFC Championship game and was poised to take you to the SB. That kind of logic is laughable.

Let's see if you're saying that at the end of the season. :pukeright:
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#128 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:03:44 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

How is it the best move for the Packers, Cheesey?

Right now, you have NO IDEA.

If you think that Aaron Rodgers is going to take you as far this year as BF took you last year, I think that you are going to be greatly disappointed....

To me, forTed Thompsonto get rid of the best chance BF to take you to the SB makes no sense, and is highly illogical....but that's just me, I guess....

When was last time BF got that close to a SB? And it took him how long to get that close???

Point is he wasn't getting there beforeTed Thompsonand Mike McCarthy

So isnt it logical to think thatTed Thompsonand Mike McCarthy might know what they are doing?

So to sit here and say BF WAS/IS the best chance to get to the SB I think is not a true statement to make..

Because history has shown he hasn't done it in last 10 years..

So why is it others have no idea what Rodgers will do..

but you know he wont succeed

figured you might not have seen this rod, just curiuos as your take on this
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#129 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:22:41 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

You know, you could simply pay someone a couple bucks to periodically post one of these nuggets of wisdom for you. I'd do it for a sawbuck -- as soon as anyone betrays the slightest amount of confidence or optimism, I'll just swoop on in and paste one of your wildly original and intelligent arguments:

"Let's see if you're saying that at the end of the season/Let's see how you feel at the end of the season [because of course we'll be 2-14 by then]."

"[insert name of any team we might beat here] is a weak (whoops -- spelled that right, I'll have to work on that part) opponent -- I can't wait to see Aaron Rodgers crap his pants when you play a real team."

See? I can write it for you, thanks to you being so consistent and repetitive. That'll leave you extra free time to go to another team's board and shit on their good time, as well. Win-win!
blank
Offline obi1  
#130 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:33:36 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

You know, you could simply pay someone a couple bucks to periodically post one of these nuggets of wisdom for you. I'd do it for a sawbuck -- as soon as anyone betrays the slightest amount of confidence or optimism, I'll just swoop on in and paste one of your wildly original and intelligent arguments:

"Let's see if you're saying that at the end of the season/Let's see how you feel at the end of the season [because of course we'll be 2-14 by then]."

"[insert name of any team we might beat here] is a weak (whoops -- spelled that right, I'll have to work on that part) opponent -- I can't wait to see Aaron Rodgers crap his pants when you play a real team."

See? I can write it for you, thanks to you being so consistent and repetitive. That'll leave you extra free time to go to another team's board and shit on their good time, as well. Win-win!

My sentiments exactly! This guy spews the same exact rhetoric and has been since waaayyy back on other boards as well.

He seems to take offense to ANYONE that is leading the Packers... Wolf, Holmgren, Sherman, and now TT.

He isn't bashing ARod as much as he is bashing Ted Thompson for letting HIS God go...

He will continue to find whatever he can, any situation, statistic, or a play, to twist and put the anti-TT or Mike McCarthy spin on it.

That is the nature of this guy. He reminds me of my ex-mother-in-law.
blank
Offline Roddyboy  
#131 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:00:03 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Nice generalizations, there Obi1.

For the record.

Wolf: I liked...
Holmgren: I liked..
Sherman: Didn't like...hated and despised the man.... Mike McCarthy : Don't have a problem with... Ted Thompson :...................................(Well..this is a family forum..and I'll leave it at that!) Aaron Rodgers : neutral...waiting for a body of work.

So there, get it straight, homey...
blank
Offline wpr  
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:05:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

It don't matter. Point is it is done. GB got a min of a 4th round pick more likely a 3rd round pick and hopefully a 2nd for a guy who was retired. That is unbelievable. Even if Brett plays 3 more years (which I doubt) that is quite a deal. I hope Brett takes New Jersey, I mean New York, to the playoffs every year he plays for them. It is still a good deal for the Packers.
I know you don't like it but oh well. I will just have to learn to live with the pain.

UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#133 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:27:58 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Nice generalizations, there Obi1.

For the record.

Wolf: I liked...
Holmgren: I liked..
Sherman: Didn't like...hated and despised the man.... Mike McCarthy : Don't have a problem with... Ted Thompson :...................................(Well..this is a family forum..and I'll leave it at that!) Aaron Rodgers : neutral...waiting for a body of work.

So there, get it straight, homey...

Interesting, because it's close to me.

Wolf - I liked.
Holmgren - I liked, except for how he coached when we lost to the Broncos. We should have won that game.
Sherman - As a person, I thought he's a decent man. But a horrible GM and too conservative a Coach. I blame him heavily for losing to the Eagles. I still can't get over that loss. You have not one, not two, but three RBs who average 5+ ypc, and you punt on 4th and 1 from your opponents 40. Stupid. Give it to Green, Green gets a first down, and there will be no 4th and 26. Mike McCarthy - I like a lot. I think his coaching in '07 was incredible. I think he's softened up a bit in '08 so far and needs to get that edge back. Ted Thompson - I think he's a damn good GM, but he's not perfect like some people on this board like to think. The thing is, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head I like better though, even though I did get pissed at him in the offseason for the way he handled BF and also for getting rid of Corey Williams (who's stinking in Cleveland right now, not because he's not good but I think this system is much, much better for him).

The reason I think he's a damn good GM is he inherited a team in salary cap hell with no depth whatsoever and a very bad D and got us financially sound, tons of depth, and in the black again. Great job. But I'm not going to crown him until we win the big one.

The whole BF situation - it's all water under the bridge now. Aaron Rodgers is our QB, so I'm rooting for him to succeed. I personally am rooting for BF to go far with the Jets, to play another year after this one, and get some playoff victories. If we don't win the SB, I sincerely hope the Jets do. BF is my favorite player ever. I'm also hoping he puts the wins, TD passes, and yards records so far out of reach that they're not broken for another 20-30 years. That would be awesome. I don't want to see P Manning break any of those records.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dingus  
#134 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:35:21 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

I just watched the NFL replay of the game. We have such an exciting team this season. Limitless potential, lots of solid starters and a pretty good set of back-ups.

I remember during the Sherman years we had quality starting players and nothing else!
Ted Thompson has brought respectability back to the Green Bay Packers. Mike McCarthy has brought responsibility back to the players. That's the stuff I hope for each new season and, so far, we are off to a pretty respectable start.

If you're a GBP fan you should hope for nothing else, all the rest will fall into place. There are 53 men on that roster who give it their all week in and week out, yet one man moving on has soured all of that for some.

Go Pack Go! Win or lose next week I'll be chomping at the bit for more!

Roddy, he'll be crying if we win or jumping up and down if we lose. And he calls himself a fan!

But you know what, I hope he's back next week spewing his bile cuz that means we're 3-0 baby!
blank
Offline wpr  
#135 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:49:23 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I'm also hoping he puts the wins, TD passes, and yards records so far out of reach that they're not broken for another 20-30 years. That would be awesome. I don't want to see P Manning break any of those records.

If he would admit it, so does Brett. ::razz:

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed