Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:02:45 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 104
Applause Received: 192

The Chargers were robbed.

I have never seen a ruling like that that I can remember.....

I really dislike the Broncos. The Ref even said (After reviewing the play.) that he got the call wrong, it should have been called a fumble but he blew the whistle... Freaking strange... I see a rule change comming up.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Sponsor
Offline tromadz  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:03:23 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

It was Ed Hochuli too.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:18:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

I heard about it on the radio. Whistle was blown too soon right?
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 10:13:17 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I know I've seen that happen once or twice before. The old inadvertent whistle. I thought the refs were supposed to let the play continue when they weren't sure what they saw. But once the whistle blows, the play is over, so it's better to acknowledge the fumble and count the loss than to pretend it was an incomplete pass.

What a drag for the Chargers. But as much as I hate Shanahan, I give him credit for attempting the two-point conversion. That was one of the gutsiest calls I've ever seen in my life.
blank
Offline RaiderPride  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:55:41 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I know I've seen that happen once or twice before. The old inadvertent whistle. I thought the refs were supposed to let the play continue when they weren't sure what they saw. But once the whistle blows, the play is over, so it's better to acknowledge the fumble and count the loss than to pretend it was an incomplete pass.

What a drag for the Chargers. But as much as I hate Shanahan, I give him credit for attempting the two-point conversion. That was one of the gutsiest calls I've ever seen in my life.

You are such a class act, and knowlegeable football fan.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline bozz_2006  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:16:49 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

that was crazy. The Chargers got screwed out of a win because of this. Unfortunate as that is, i hope that the refs don't arrange a "make-up" victory for the Chargers, thus screwing some other poor team out of a win and perpetuating the cycle. I've always hated how that happens. A reffing mistake happens, but, hey, it's ok. they'll give them a make-up call in the future. That's how a lot of bad blood of develops.

I don't like to see reffing screw-ups, but it's unreasonable to expect them to be perfect. I actually respect the hell out of Ed for admitting his mistake right away. Because he manned up, maybe that will prevent a brawl from happening when the broncos and chargers meet again later this season.

Thank you, Ed Hochuli, for being a man and owning up to your mistake. It's unfortunate that there aren't more NFL personnel like you.
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:20:50 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 345

that was crazy. The Chargers got screwed out of a win because of this. Unfortunate as that is, i hope that the refs don't arrange a "make-up" victory for the Chargers, thus screwing some other poor team out of a win and perpetuating the cycle. I've always hated how that happens. A reffing mistake happens, but, hey, it's ok. they'll give them a make-up call in the future. That's how a lot of bad blood of develops.

I don't like to see reffing screw-ups, but it's unreasonable to expect them to be perfect. I actually respect the hell out of Ed for admitting his mistake right away. Because he manned up, maybe that will prevent a brawl from happening when the broncos and chargers meet again later this season.

Thank you, Ed Hochuli, for being a man and owning up to your mistake. It's unfortunate that there aren't more NFL personnel like you.

Agree 100%
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline shield4life  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:35:31 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Poor charger's I like and respect them as a team. It's sad to see them 0-2. There probably one of the only teams that I would like to come out from the AFC.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline RaiderPride  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:47:21 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Poor charger's I like and respect them as a team. It's sad to see them 0-2. There probably one of the only teams that I would like to come out from the AFC.

Eh Hemmm.. Excuse me?

One of the only teams you would like to come out of the AFC?

A little love please....

R.P.
Offline jdlax  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:57:08 AM(UTC)
jdlax

I almost feel like Denver converting 4th and goal and then going for 2 makes them the deserving winners of this game, blown call or not. Unreal.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:55:28 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Eh Hemmm.. Excuse me?

A little love please....

R.P.

Do you think the Raiders have a chance? I saw some of last week's game, and it was so awful that I thought for sure this would be a lost season for them. And the GM/coaching situation seems so unhealthy. But at least they got a W this week.
blank
Offline nathaniel  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 11:06:07 AM(UTC)
nathaniel

Shanahan going for two was almost like him saying that he knew they shouldn't even have the ball, so he gave SD a shot to win the game by having stopping only one play. I don't know what really drove him to go for two, but that's just what it seemed like to me.
blank
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 11:37:53 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 134
Applause Received: 104

Shanahan going for two was almost like him saying that he knew they shouldn't even have the ball, so he gave SD a shot to win the game by having stopping only one play. I don't know what really drove him to go for two, but that's just what it seemed like to me.

Same here, perhaps he was embarrassed by the call and felt guilty. Sure the Chargers have a right to complain, but they still had a few opportunities to prevent the touchdown as well as the 2 point conversion. It must sting to lose two heartbreaking games in a row. Then again it will guarantee themselves on the NFL Replay again. :thumbleft:
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:16:32 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 110

Eh Hemmm.. Excuse me?

A little love please....

R.P.

SORRY R.P. WHERE ARE OUR MANNERS.ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE PACKER NATION WE APOLOGIZE.MAY WE SAY IN THE MOST HEART FELT WAY............................................................GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta cheer for that higher draft pick.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:08:52 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

it kinda remined me of the buffalo wings comercial where the ref is under the hood and the fans want to stay longer so is that what the ref said oh i'm sorry i messed up doesnt fly
blank