So this is a good old classic member interview we had on packerforum.com. Let's keep it going
PackersHome name: Packers_Finland
Real name (first only): Tuomas
Current City: Nokia, Finland
Hometown: Viljakkala, Finland
Occupation: Idk what the exact name is in english, but I working in marketing for a local tire factory
1) How did you choose your screen name?
I'm a packer-fan and I'm from Finland. Didn't really use my imagination there.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up in a very little place called Viljakkala (population: about 5000), I have two older brothers, the other is 26, and the other 31. We don't see as often as we should, although we try to meet at least once every month. I live quite far away from my parents, but I try to visit them as often as I can.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
We really don't have the system you have in USA, but we did have annual national basketball and soccer tournaments between high schools. I participated in soccer for two years, we never went far since it was a knock-out from the beginning.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Maybe hanging out with my friends everywhere. One time I remember when I was 15 and schools about to start again, we drank a lot of alcohol and started wandering around, when we woke up the next moring we woke up about 20 miles from home near a lake. We were kinda confused and started calling our parents even though we all had a terrible hangover. We weren't as free and wild as we thought.
5) What was your first job?
I was just a guy in a tire factory. It paid well though.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
My cousins living in Wisconsin first told me about football when I was a kid, maybe 8-10 years old. They gave me a Favre trading card, and a few years later I started following football regularly. Every year I just get more interested in football, even though it isn't such a popular sport here.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
The first football game I ever saw. Packers vs Bears in the mid-nineties . I remember they didn't have that good of a game, but it doesn't matter, I had already decided I would always root on the Packers.
8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?
Mr. IronMan sent me an e-mail where he told me a lot of the regulars moved to this site from packerforum.com, and I followed
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
I occasionally watch NHL, with Ducks being my favorite team, I doubt you'd know anything if I started listing my local favorite teams.
10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Playing the drums, skateboarding or snowboarding (depends on time of year), or spending time with my girlfriend
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
Draft Day would be nice, I've always been interested in how Ted Thompson makes seemingly bad picks, but they turn out great. I think I'd get kicked out pretty soon from screaming "NO TT, NO! DON'T TRADE DOWN ANYMORE!"
12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
Zero. I plan on making one someday though.
13) What is your worst fear?
All kinds of insects. I know, I'm a little girl for saying that. But can't help but remember my old army training days in the woods where I got 4 bee stings on one day, and a hell of a lot of mosquito bites.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Music. I like writing it, playing it and listening it. I also enjoy sports.
15) Whats your favorite food?
Pepper steak. Doesn't matter where, it's always good.
16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.
I've traveled all-around Europe, but I've never been beyond that. Being in France was great, amazing sights and great food. Oh, by the way, if you want a steak there that's well made, not even the slightest bit raw, the waiter or waitress will start laughing at you. My friend doesn't like raw food, so he got quite a surprise.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Bungee-jumping. Ever since I was a little kid I've been a bit of a daredevil.
18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Green Bay, baby! No actually, I think I'm pretty happy where I am now. I've got a good job, friends and everything near me right now.
19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1. Brett Favre
2. Greg Jennings
3. Donald Driver
4. Nick Barnett
5. Ahman Green - I thought the guy was great. Had lots of great years, even though he was a bit fumble prone.
You will notice most of these are players who play now. That's because every year I follow football more closely than the year before
20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packer memories?
I'll never forget being at the Tromadz Lounge when Favre made that underhand pass against the Seahawks in the divisional playoffs. It was great. The whole game was great. Maybe the Super Bowl win was great too, but I wasn't as much fun watching it from a tape.
21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.
Digsthepack hasn't been interviewed yet has he? I nominate him