Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:33:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

I remember last year when Rodgers played nicely against the Cowboys there was chatter from their players saying "we didnt plan for a scrambling qb and thats why he was able to do the things he did" or something like that.

Anyone have a link to that article or those quotes? I'd like to have them around ;) For obvious reasons, of course and because ... I mean who the hell doesn't adjust their scheme to the QB playing on the other team? lol
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:50:30 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 326

Yeah well I guess they are right but hey no excuses in football and they still won. The key to this game will be pressuring Romo. Can we do it? I don't know but if we don't... Owens and Crayton will kill us.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline bozz_2006  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:52:04 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 12

Our pass rush has been vastly improved over last season, judging by our first two games. i have been very very impressed with the pressure that we've been able to generate.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:05:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Our pass rush has been vastly improved over last season, judging by our first two games. i have been very very impressed with the pressure that we've been able to generate.

I don't believe we'll be so fortunate with the pass rush against the Cowboys. They have a BIG powerful OL.

This game will be a great test for our young team and I'm glad its early in the season we get this great game.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:46:54 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

i think our d-line will be ready this week i wont say they wont play bone headed mistakes and i feel being at home will help in a win
blank
Offline Packnic  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:53:32 PM(UTC)
Packnic

I don't believe we'll be so fortunate with the pass rush against the Cowboys. They have a BIG powerful OL.

This game will be a great test for our young team and I'm glad its early in the season we get this great game.

they looked big and powerful against the Cleveland Browns. Hardly an elite pass rushing defense.

lets see what they do tonight against the eagles before we crown them NFC champions.

whats beautiful about tonights game, is that the Eagles (After 1 game of course) looked good. The Eagles will do a lot of our film work for us tonight. show us what works and what doesn't and beat up on the Cowboys softening them. Then the Cowboys have a short week and have to travel so, it is not the worst situation for the Pack.

I will be anxiously watching tonight.
blank
Offline vegOmatic  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:54:54 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

The key to this game will be pressuring Romo.

Yep. Hopefully Jessica will be on hand to supply the pressure! :physassult:
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:06:28 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

The strength of the Cows is their OL. If we can somehow get past their OL, we win this game. Their OL are monsters though, all five of them created by mad scientists in test tubes. We'll need some good blitz timing from AJ Hawk and possibly Poppinga as well. Heck, throw Bigby in there occasionally too and maybe even Harris on occasion. It is absolutely imperative we get pressure on Romo.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Packers_Finland  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:31:15 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Pressure is somewhat impossible. Their D is good but not top 5. Romo to Owens, Crayton or Witten will be deadly if we don't take down their #1 OL. Their run game is pretty much awesome too.
This is a placeholder
Offline zombieslayer  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:51:08 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Pressure is somewhat impossible. Their D is good but not top 5. Romo to Owens, Crayton or Witten will be deadly if we don't take down their #1 OL. Their run game is pretty much awesome too.

Their run game is good because of their OL. I personally think Romo is a good QB, but he's never been tested because he's never been touched. Put him on the Jets' OL and see how well he does.

So I think if we can get in his face, we win this game. Break their OL, break the Cows.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Jacob  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:16:21 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3

Here's the rodgers highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDNW_8nefQ
Offline TheEngineer  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:03:46 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I'm a bit worried about Witten. We've had some issues covering a strong receiving TE, and Romo to Witten, with Owens drawing double coverage could be dangerous against us.
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:52:52 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

I remember last year when Rodgers played nicely against the Cowboys there was chatter from their players saying "we didnt plan for a scrambling qb and thats why he was able to do the things he did" or something like that.

Anyone have a link to that article or those quotes? I'd like to have them around ;) For obvious reasons, of course and because ... I mean who the hell doesn't adjust their scheme to the QB playing on the other team? lol

http://www.greenbaypress.../PKR01/803050624/0/theme

Quote:
"It's hard to be a backup in that kind of game," Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said Tuesday. "The intensity was high. The stakes were high. And it looked like they tried to make sure they stuck with their game plan they thought they could use to beat us. They stuck with the same routes and the same stuff they were doing with Brett. That shows me that (Rodgers) was prepared and the coaches had a lot of confidence in him.

"I would be encouraged because you've got a guy who's playing in a very high-stakes game who kept his cool and kept his demeanor. He knew the game plan, knew where to throw the ball and when he had to run, he took his shots."

Stewart said he didn't alter his defensive game plan when Rodgers entered the game.

"We got after him," Stewart said. "I wasn't going to back off. Our plan was to get after Favre, and when Rodgers got in, we did the same thing. He handled himself well, and they've got to be pretty excited about that."
Offline walleye  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:57:25 AM(UTC)
walleye

I just saw in the sports section of the journal that right know there is no line on this game.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:56:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

I'm not as scared of their running the ball as i am of them getting the ball to Owens.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed