Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greg C.  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:55:06 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.
schroeder84  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:02:17 PM(UTC)
The other schroeder in this house says "Break his legs". And Tony Romo's arm.

Srsly, I suspect he will beat us badly at least once, but if we can keep it down to that with pressure on Romo and great coverage most of the time, there is a chance to minimize the damage. I don't see how you can entirely stop that kind of offensive setup.

We are going to be watching tonight's game with great interest to see what Philly can do or not do.
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
Hey, not Romo's arm, he's on my fantasy team lol
buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:19:23 PM(UTC)
The best way to contain TO is to have him standing on the sidelines.

What is Ryan Grants status?

He needs to get healthy and The packers need to pound the ball on the ground and shorten the game.

Control the clock, win the turnover battle and you are two-thirds of the way to a victory.
Mortfini  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:53:35 PM(UTC)
Its allright zero ill trade u somthing nice from my roster Im fastly becoming the lions of the fantasy leauge
mkapp  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 8:29:10 PM(UTC)
pay too much attention to TO and Crayton/Witten will burn us over the middle. its going to be interesting to watch Dallas tonight and do some scouting.
pack_in_black  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 9:22:45 PM(UTC)
Blitz, blitz, blitz. That's my only guess. If they burn us deep, fine. We obviously have an offense that can keep up with, if not outpace them. Get pressure in Tony's face, and let Al & Chuck take it from there.
gbpfan  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:34:21 AM(UTC)
with kgb back and hawk pickett jolly they all should be able to put pressure on romo the thing with romo is once out of the pocket if he still has time he will throw it but with woodson in back witten can be a beast back there not too worried about barber he is a beast but if they can sto ap they should be able to stop him and that is key they need to stop the run cowboys cant win just on passing game
yooperfan  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:56:29 AM(UTC)
bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.

OK Greg you are crazy!
Now I think the only way to stop T.O. is to shoot him dead.
all_about_da_packers  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:08:45 PM(UTC)
Packers should employ cloud coverage, that is to say have S help over Al. Let Al be as aggressive as he wants in terms of getting a jam on TO.

Rouse would be my idea S over Al, but I don't want him if he isn't healed from his injury he suffered in practice Friday. We need a fully healthy S, one who can run full speed and be athletic. If Rouse can't go, put in Collins. This will be the day we absolutely need Collins to step up (assuming he is the one covering Al's back).

As for Woodson, I'm unsure on what his presence can do to actually help Al cover TO. Last year's game, TO lined up on the outside a lot and then motioned and lined up as the 2nd slot receiver. Put simply: Al don't do Nickle (CB). That's why Al struggled so much, he was asked to play a role he doesn't play.

The problem is that if you have Woodson covering a guy in the slot next to Al, and TO goes in motion... even if you shift Woodson to TO, Al will be in the position of a Nickel CB. Still, I think I'd rather have Al covering someone like Crayton/Austin as opposed to TO if being asked to essentially play like a Nickel CB.

In my ideal world C-Wood would get most of the snaps covering TO, but I'd be hesitant to put Charles in a position like that with a broken toe that will affect his ability to cut and might limit his aggressiveness playing the ball in the air. Hence I'll say if TO goes in motion, find a way to allow Woodson to switch with Al (line them up both on the same side). Otherwise, employ cloud coverage and tell Al to do whatever he can to get a good jam on TO.

That, and blitz like no tomorrow. Get to Romo so he has to release the ball early. Also, we need to solidify the middle of the field, whoever draws Witten has to read Witten's body language and try to get his hands up or something when Witten is getting ready to catch. I'm thinking Hawk will get this assignment, so he has to be prepared to run step for step with Witten. I think he's up to it.

Finally, we HAVE to have the DTs stay in their lanes. Our LBs (blitzing or not) have to meet Barber and hit him hard. Chillar/Popp/Barnett have to be up to the task of trying to stop a hard-hitting RB. Hopefully experiences with Jacobs last year taught them a thing or two.

That's my two cents anyways. I'm honestly expecting Dallas to get their points, I just hope the Packers can go blow for blow with them in scoring.
Packers_Finland  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:28:55 PM(UTC)
So to win we need a big game by: A-Rod, Grant, Jennings, D-Line, Linebackers, and Coverage. ...Yeah.
all_about_da_packers  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:38:22 PM(UTC)
So to win we need a big game by: A-Rod, Grant, Jennings, D-Line, Linebackers, and Coverage. ...Yeah.

No, we only need a big game by A-Rod and one of our RBs.

The D-Line just has to do their job, stay in the gaps.

Doing so will allow the LBs the opportunity to make a tackle. The LBs need to realize that Barber runs/hits hard, anticipate that, and still be sure tacklers.

The Secondary needs to do its job communicating and execution wise. Al needs to know whether he has outside or inside leverage based on the S help. Al needs to play accordingly, and push TO to where he has help.
brnt247  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:41:58 PM(UTC)
If DeSean Jackson can fly by their coverage like that then I am pretty sure Jennings and Nelson can do the same. The Eagles don't have the same play makers on offense that we do, and I think that McNabb and Rodgers have similar skill sets. I don't think we need that big of a game from the running backs to beat Dallas, but a few timely turnovers and some big plays to our speedsters should be able to put us in a position to win.
Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:53:26 PM(UTC)
lol Bigbied, nice. I like that.

I say you punch him in the nuts. :shrug:

Zero.....this is the honest truth. I just read this thread, and the first thing that came to my mind was "Punch him in the nuts!"LOLOLOL!!! I'm not kidding!!!
Great minds DO think alike!!! :thumbright:
DGB454  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:44:02 PM(UTC)

Zero.....this is the honest truth. I just read this thread, and the first thing that came to my mind was "Punch him in the nuts!"LOLOLOL!!! I'm not kidding!!!

Shouldn't be too hard to find them with that gay unitard he wears before the games.
Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:43:03 PM(UTC)
lmao ^ ... geeez
Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:48:57 PM(UTC)

Shouldn't be too hard to find them with that gay unitard he wears before the games.

We'll have "FED EX" deliver his "package!" :ramboface: :thumbright:
RaiderPride  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:04:33 PM(UTC)
Put a deer stand in each endzone just to make him think about it.
twebdonny  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:16:10 PM(UTC)
You stop T.O. by putting Romo on his butt early and often.

DJ
Rss Feed